Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I saw this the other day, it's basically begging people to be jerks, not to mention if you log in through social media, it loads your friends into the system as well, and that once your in, there's no opt out, I already told my friends if they want me to drop them, just let me know that they are signing up for this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That is pretty authoritarian of them. I think California will be different. At least I hope.
    No that kind of thing is common sense and respect for the past and human rights.
    There are strict rules as to what you are allowed to film in public and under what circumstances.
    People have a right to their privacy even when they are on communal grounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    A website can by definition only ever be a non-physical, emotional problem. And those are obviously not even remotely on the same level as real ones (the ones that actually kill you).
    Case in point: All your internet and telephone bills are purely imaginary and you aren't in any way obligated to pay them because they can by definition only ever be a non-physical emotional problem. Obviously they are not even remotely on the same level as real ones!

Maybe you want to think about that point some more before you tell others about how much of a non-issue the 'virtual world of the internet' is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    So instead of facepalm pictures and "no that's not freedom of speech" one-liners, how about saying something about my actual arguments? You know, in a constructive non-condescending way that furthers a discussion?
    It is painful that you need to have the obvious pointed out but okay...

- Facebook accounts can be faked just as easily, the problem won't be "bigger" than anything we already have
    Facebook allows you to delete an imposter account.
    - The information can be made public already (e.g. on Facebook or any other social media)
    By a certain individual if he consiously consent to it. The bad thing is someone doing it for you against your will.
    - Saying whether you like people or not is free speech. I'd expect direct threats or calls for violence to be deleted from Peeple but opinions have to be able to be voiced, why would free speech not apply here?
    Because the premise of this app is to judge people by providing fake information about them.
    - Only very few people are actually systematically harassed (online or offline) and there are laws against that already. If you have a stalker, talk to the police. Banning an interesting online service is not the answer. If current anti-harassment laws are not enough then try to get those extended and don't shut down an interesting idea just because there is something completely unrelated to it for which it might be abused.
    Scarity of those events does not diminish their severity. You can just make someone a public figure against their will.
    - Generally grow a thicker skin. Grown ups whining about people on the internet being mean to them is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? You should be happy you don't have any real problems instead.
    We have and we dont need encouraged smearing on top of them.

Yes, they will probably have to improve a few things eventually (dealing fake profiles in case they become too popular and such) but all in all the app just won't be a huge problem. The world will not end. All is well.
    You are naive.