Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vicious Circle of Attraction

For me I am seemingly only attracted to people out of my league e.g. people that don't find me attractive. Because of this I have often (not always) settled for less which unfortunately caused a relationship where they fancied me more than I them and that's obviously a recipe for disaster. Curious if others find themselves in similar situations? Personally I probably have unrealistic high standards

Not exactly similar but I'm also attracted to people out if my leave so I settle for nothing. Because nobody wants alla this.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Obviously the solution to your problem is to get uglier.

Sit down and talk to someone in your league, you might like them. You can become attracted to someone after the initial first impression.

I saw a funny post the other day about this guy who wished he had a meter that he could point at someone to tell if they were in his league or not. The meter would have a scale of 1 to 10.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sit down and talk to someone in your league, you might like them. You can become attracted to someone after the initial first impression.

I saw a funny post the other day about this guy who wished he had a meter that he could point at someone to tell if they were in his league or not. The meter would have a scale of 1 to 10.
    Only wants the hottest gay men .
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    in my current relationship i think she is a bit out of my league, but she thinks im more attractive than her and im out of her league, so all good. we both think the other person is settling, not sire if thats good in long term or not!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I have and unfortunately it rarely ended well

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Funny how the "league" thing only seems to go one way. I don't think I've ever seen a woman lamenting that she just couldn't measure up enough to attract a desirable guy.
    No women have the problem of finding good men because they don't know what they want.

Based on anecdote and pop culture.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2015-10-01 at 05:05 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    I only think somebody is out of my league when they start talking and I see them to be much more experienced than I am. The looks are more often pointing to their lifestyle and genetic lottery than anything else.

I'm most attracted to women who are markedly average. Particularly girls who are just a little bit funny looking. Eandearing af.

Of course, when you've been enisled for years in self-imposed isolation, everybody is out of your league anyway.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I'm most attracted to women who are markedly average. Particularly girls who are just a little bit funny looking. Eandearing af.

Of course, when you've been enisled for years in self-imposed isolation, everybody is out of your league anyway.
    There is a girl at the bank close to my house that might have a slight hunch back and her eyes are kinda crooked, and she just seems like the greatest. I could never talk to her though.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is different in that once I've been with someone for a few months, I lose interest and move on. Like fucking clockwork.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    My problem is different in that once I've been with someone for a few months, I lose interest and move on. Like fucking clockwork.
    After years of relationships, don't you expect and prepare for it, even if only in your subconscious?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    ...settled for less...

What does this even mean?

Are you implying ugly people are some how less of a person than a super model?

Maybe you should lower your standards a bit.

Deleted
    For me I am seemingly only attracted to people out of my league e.g. people that don't find me attractive. Because of this I have often (not always) settled for less which unfortunately caused a relationship where they fancied me more than I them and that's obviously a recipe for disaster. Curious if others find themselves in similar situations? Personally I probably have unrealistic high standards
    You put girls "out of your league". It is not something they do to you, it is something you are doing to yourself.

Haven't you seen beautiful girls on the arm of a fucking hideous guy who also tends to be an arsehole? Do you think that guy thinks he's out of the girls league?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    What does this even mean?

Are you implying ugly people are some how less of a person than a super model?
    Less than what im attracted to...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You put girls "out of your league". It is not something they do to you, it is something you are doing to yourself.

Haven't you seen beautiful girls on the arm of a fucking hideous guy who also tends to be an arsehole? Do you think that guy thinks he's out of the girls league?
    I don't bang girls lol

30characters

Quote Originally Posted by Xistenz View Post
    It's true tho. But it shouldn't be that way.
    Oddly enough, over the course of my dating career (rather small I admit) before meeting my wife, I often found I was in a relationship with girls above what I would consider "my league".

With a few exceptions, nearly every one of the "smoking super model hot" women I dated, trying to have a normal day to day conversation with them was like taking sandpaper to your brain. A majority of them had no "down to earth" topics to talk about and quite literally would fall into the cliche "air head" category.

Sure the sex was fantastic, but outside of that, it was like having a pet dog, instead of a human companion.

10+ Year Old Account

Same OP but I always managed to punch above my weight successfully. Don't try to have an actual relationship with somebody you really don't want to have a relationship with, just fuck them for a while until you get sick of them. Not sure what else to say, I am the same as you but I was able to pull them. Do you need help finding which chicks that are out of your league that you can still pull?