Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 3.1 notes (preliminary)

Can be found here for those like me who aren't able to view the official site.

An absolute ton of QoL changes. One change that surprises me, though, is being able to convert centurio seals into an item exchangable for the 200 > 210 upgrade for esoteric gear. Kinda surprised that's been put in so soon. Suppose that's their method of "nerfing" Savage Alex (for the record, I haven't even bothered with trying savage).

Edit: Here's a side by side comparo of the prelim notes to the finalized ones.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2015-11-09 at 09:05 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. So happy I left.

Learned from 8 years of WoW not to keep subbed hoping for stuff.

No Carbuncles for SMN still.
    Housing is still scarce.

PS: The Dark Knight doesn't use HP to fuel his/her abilities, many were disappointed, yet many defended the decision stating that it wouldn't work for a tank. HA!
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Wow. So happy I left.

Housing is still scarce.

PS: The Dark Knight doesn't use HP to fuel his/her abilities, many were disappointed, yet many defended the decision stating that it wouldn't work for a tank. HA!
    Apparently they are going to start demolishing houses that aren't used by anyone after 45 days. It's in the notes there. Pretty important they do something like that if they aren't going to add more districts.

Even with the ability to trade Centurio seals for an upgrade item, if we go by the Allied Seal variant it still won't be fast at all. It takes 6 Unstained Mark Logs to buy the item to upgrade your weapon/armor and 4 to upgrade your accessories. That's 3000/2000 seals, which will still take a while to gather. 870 seals a week from the clan hunt board, plus whatever you can get from A/S hunts.

And really, that Lord of Verminion part is big enough that it should just get its own patch notes.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2015-11-06 at 08:26 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. So happy I left.

Housing is still scarce.

Maybe MMOs aren't for you then anymore, doesn't mean that the game is shit for others. The Carbuncle glamour might still be a technical conundrum that they're working out still. They never mentioned carbuncles only either early in HW development, just that they were planning for pet glamours later on.

Housing is being sorted out now, so maybe re-read that part of the notes to see what's going on.

But yea, an absolute truckload of changes and goodies being added. Hopefully with the new gear and upgrades there will be more people trying Savage just so I can get a group going again. We only made it to A3S and Jigglybutt broke the group apart, so now I've been casual for a couple months now.

This is what you do btw to keep your subs happy Blizz. Even though the devs had a vacation and it was 5 months from the usual 3, they still give us all this. Not 10-12 month content droughts with pretend patches that are nothing but minor buffs and nerfs to content people don't want to do anymore.

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koohii View Post
    Maybe MMOs aren't for you then anymore, doesn't mean that the game is shit for others. The Carbuncle glamour might still be a technical conundrum that they're working out still. They never mentioned carbuncles only either early in HW development, just that they were planning for pet glamours later on.

Housing is being sorted out now, so maybe re-read that part of the notes to see what's going on.

But yea, an absolute truckload of changes and goodies being added. Hopefully with the new gear and upgrades there will be more people trying Savage just so I can get a group going again. We only made it to A3S and Jigglybutt broke the group apart, so now I've been casual for a couple months now.

This is what you do btw to keep your subs happy Blizz. Even though the devs had a vacation and it was 5 months from the usual 3, they still give us all this. Not 10-12 month content droughts with pretend patches that are nothing but minor buffs and nerfs to content people don't want to do anymore.
    Oh I like MMOs.

I just learned that one should always judge an MMO, or any other game for the matter, based on what they have NOW. Developers talk a lot but talk is cheap. Given my experience with WoW, and now FFXIV, I have learnt not to wait around hoping that something gets fixed/added.

Carbuncles for SMN has been asked for since 2.0 ... It's a fucking embarrassment that a cosmetic change can take so long. I'm not going to keep paying while I wait for whenever they decide, if ever, to add it.

Housing is being bandaided. I still won't be able to get my own personal house at an affordable price - or any price for the matter on my server.

One way or another, I'm not paying for "promises".
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Even with the ability to trade Centurio seals for an upgrade item, if we go by the Allied Seal variant it still won't be fast at all. It takes 6 Unstained Mark Logs to buy the item to upgrade your weapon/armor and 4 to upgrade your accessories. That's 3000/2000 seals, which will still take a while to gather. 870 seals a week from the clan hunt board, plus whatever you can get from A/S hunts.

And really, that Lord of Verminion part is big enough that it should just get its own patch notes.
    Hunt linkshells will be crazy busy starting next week. Not to mention they are bumping up the amount of seals that A ranks drop. A ranks in HW areas will drop 50 seals. Clearing 1k seals a week won't be a problem for the semi-dedicated; that's two item upgrades a week. So ~8 weeks, give or take a week or two, to max out an entire set to BiS, which prior was only available to those clearing Savage Alex. That's very acceptable, to put it mildly.

So happy with the XP boost for expansion dungeons. Time to level some alts! And get relics for those because those are easy now too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koohii View Post

You do realise a lot of this is tweaked and reused stuff right ?

Thordans reign extreme is the original version of the fight or close to according to the devs but decided to never release it because they deemed the playerbase to shit.

The island stuff is just sea of clouds assets copy and pasted about and is just spirit bond grind thats based on hunts from the looks of it.

2 dungeons which 1 is a rehash and 1 is new.

The 24 man which most likely has been completed for some time.

I am struggling to see anything of real value here, mini games? I recall how fast golden saucer died out, it will happen again and some of the tweaks that SE are putting in is attempting to get people to play the old stuff again.

They are trying to get people to still do hunts, like really?

Like really name something that is actually new for PVE players that are skilled, this game is hugely lacking content for those of above average skill set to do and its still not being addressed.

The game is moving away from skilled based content more and more since the quantity of it is being reduced further, even 2.0 added 'more' above average skill set content to do per patch including the 'casual' patch.

At least I have something to do, something that I can't really say the same for a certain other MMO.

Wow. So happy I left.

Housing is still scarce.

I find it hilarious you actually used a class from Trove as a case in argument for hp consumption tanks..lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    At least I have something to do, something that I can't really say the same for a certain other MMO.
    5 months wait for rehashed and reused stuff and barely adding anything truly new, think the last time blizz did this, they got blasted for it.

This patch is further evidence that they are either too short staffed or the management wants to change the direction of this game entirely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    5 months wait for rehashed and reused stuff and barely adding anything truly new, think the last time blizz did this, they got blasted for it.

This patch is further evidence that they are either too short staffed or the management wants to change the direction of this game entirely.
    Its actually using the exact same formula that ARR was using and its very successful.
    The content is far from easy. Look at the numbers clearing savage. And bismarck/ravana ex are a lot tougher than garuda and ifrit were...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Hunt linkshells will be crazy busy starting next week. Not to mention they are bumping up the amount of seals that A ranks drop. A ranks in HW areas will drop 50 seals. Clearing 1k seals a week won't be a problem for the semi-dedicated; that's two item upgrades a week. So ~8 weeks, give or take a week or two, to max out an entire set to BiS, which prior was only available to those clearing Savage Alex. That's very acceptable, to put it mildly.
    The patch notes don't say that upgrades only require 1 Clan Mark Log, just that the upgrade items will be bought with Clan Mark Logs. And going by the way previous upgrade items worked, it will probably require more than 1 per item. I'm thinking probably 3-5 Clan Mark Logs per.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    I find it hilarious you actually used a class from Trove as a case in argument for hp consumption tanks..lol
    It is a "tank". It's stays alive well and can hold aggro (for 3 secs LOL).
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2015-11-07 at 02:30 AM.

Oh I like MMOs.

I just learned that one should always judge an MMO, or any other game for the matter, based on what they have NOW. Developers talk a lot but talk is cheap. Given my experience with WoW, and now FFXIV, I have learnt not to wait around hoping that something gets fixed/added.

Carbuncles for SMN has been asked for since 2.0 ... It's a fucking embarrassment that a cosmetic change can take so long. I'm not going to keep paying while I wait for whenever they decide, if ever, to add it.

Housing is being bandaided. I still won't be able to get my own personal house at an affordable price - or any price for the matter on my server.

One way or another, I'm not paying for "promises".
    Well, they're putting a lot of stuff in with each patch as opposed to a couple of arguably minor complaints. It's kind of like you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater if those two things are making you quit because they "don't deliver" while ignoring everything they ARE adding. But hey, your money, so totally your call, of course.

It is a "tank". It's stays alive well and can pull aggro (for 3 secs LOL).
    It's trove..nothing challenging in it and the class has 3 abilities..lol

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Its actually using the exact same formula that ARR was using and its very successful.
    The content is far from easy. Look at the numbers clearing savage. And bismarck/ravana ex are a lot tougher than garuda and ifrit were...
    Yeah, everyone remembers how the end of 2.0 cycle worked and completely ignore how it started so they can ignore 3.0 is following the same pattern. /shrug

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, they're putting a lot of stuff in with each patch as opposed to a couple of arguably minor complaints. It's kind of like you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater if those two things are making you quit because they "don't deliver" while ignoring everything they ARE adding. But hey, your money, so totally your call, of course.
    I wasn't having much fun. /shrug

Things that I hoped to see fixed/added ... not there.

So I quit. Ain't worth the $13/mth when I barely even log in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    It's trove..nothing challenging in it and the class has 3 abilities..lol
    So long as you are having fun, who gives a crap. LOL

(I don't play to boost my ego.)

It doesn't cost me $13/mth either, so my expectations aren't high to begin with.

I wasn't having much fun. /shrug

Things that hoped to see fixed/added ... not there.

So I quit. Ain't worth the $13/mth when I barely even log in.

- - - Updated - - -

So long as you are having fun, who gives a crap. LOL

It doesn't cost me $13/mth either, so my expectations aren't high to begin with.
    I'm not saying the games shit or anything, just stating it's hardly a real class and ridiculous you use it in comparison to an actual class in a bigger mmo.