Deleted

Returning to D3 after 3 years, what to do?

Hey, I am getting RoS today as soon as it shows up in the mail and I'm lost for what I should do first, I would love to play my barbarian, but when I quit playing I gave all my gear away to a friend so my character has no armor, I do have a monk with gear so I guess that would be the easiest way to get back into it? any suggestions? I have no idea, I remember pretty much nothing about the game. Thanks.

plan #1: play through the new act on your monk to see the sights.
    plan #2: roll a new seasonal char (most people play there anyway), and dive into the deep end of bounties & rifts & grifts & oh my.

imho just start from scratch as getting to 70 doesn't take much and you have to do the act5 to unlock adventure mode in any case. You can also use one of your 60 character and just do act5.

This is the prerequisite. Then you can choose 2 things:
    - play non-season: you basically farm adventure mode and rifts/greater rifts for better gear and all that stuff.
    - play season: you start from scratch and try to tackle the season journey, unlocking unique cosmetic rewards. When seaosn ends you get to keep everything and the char is rolled onto non season.

Use this opportunity to try also toher classes; apart crusader that has still some issues (but we're talking about very high end game) all classes are more or less on the same level.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a seasonal character.
    Click this button.

Do what it says.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses guys! I think I'll start off with playing season, probably the best option, sadly my copy of the game did not show up today

Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys! I think I'll start off with playing season, probably the best option, sadly my copy of the game did not show up today
    You should also be aware of the changes to the difficulty settings (you can change it whenever you want now, and there are about 11 different settings). And loot was revamped (it's now useful!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, on your Barb, just craft legendaries, they'll get you started and into Torment I no problem.

But I'd suggest making a new character so you can participate in the Season. I'd use your monk, finish the campaign, then make a new Season toon, level him up quickly and get GRifting!
    Putin khuliyo

Have it really been 3 years? damn

SEASONAL.

Do the story up.

Adventure mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    SEASONAL.

Do the story up.

Adventure mode.

i did the oposite. made a lvl1, got boosted to 70 and got somewhat decent gear from 45 Grifts, then do story, just plow through it within a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

You are very lucky. Both barbs and monks are hot shit this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You are very lucky. Both barbs and monks are hot shit this season.
    Yeah, mine is in Torment 6 with 4pc (3 actual pieces + RoRG) and a non-ancient BIS gavel for HOTA. Rest of his gear is shit. And my monk in full Uliana is still missing her Fist of Az and has cleared GR40 no problem. They are indeed hot shit.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    i did the oposite. made a lvl1, got boosted to 70 and got somewhat decent gear from 45 Grifts, then do story, just plow through it within a few hours.
    That works too.

I more or less don't even want to see any content or areas before I do the story. I like it to be fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Have it really been 3 years? damn
    exactly same thought... shiiit :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Here is a novel idea. Why don't you just play the game? I bet you never thought of that huh?
    here is an idea for you, stop being an asshole I asked for advice, I got advice, rather than be a knob just don't reply and do everyone on mmo-champ a favour...

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-10-06 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Cry me a river. Just play the damn game. your question is stupid "I have no gear, omg, what do I do?" You play the fucking game! How else you gonna get gear dumbass?
    I love how if I were to be as special as you I'd have been banned within about 5 mins..

Ok, thread closed. This has no more relevant discussion and people is not here to look at two person picking each other.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.