Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    But you're not wasting anything. The only thing you're doing is not using the ring at the start of the Feast, but halfway through it. You can still get the full benefit that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    But you're not wasting anything. The only thing you're doing is not using the ring at the start of the Feast, but halfway through it. You can still get the full benefit that way.
    I guess if you're assuming you're in the first set of healers being sent down and your healers don't have any issues healing through the movement clearing rebuffs at the start of Feast of Souls then sure.

Without derailing this thread, my thought process is to create CONSISTENCY as that is what kills bosses. If you can do it your way without cutting it close or having to pickup the slack during feast then that's awesome and you deserve a high five.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcursis View Post
    I guess if you're assuming you're in the first set of healers being sent down and your healers don't have any issues healing through the movement clearing rebuffs at the start of Feast of Souls then sure.

Without derailing this thread, my thought process is to create CONSISTENCY as that is what kills bosses. If you can do it your way without cutting it close or having to pickup the slack during feast then that's awesome and you deserve a high five.
    As long as the essences aren't up there is no need for movement clearing buffs though, not sure how this matters for healing either.
    Eitherway I would say being able to pop the ring twice during a feast would be more beneficial than popping it once together with a strong cd or 2, as you get more consistent healing.

Deleted
    I am not 100% certain of this, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen in logs if you use the ring in the stomach it only procs the ring for the healers that are inside the belly.
    This means that if both pairs of healers use the ring in the belly you have:
    -1 healer that can proc the ring as soon as the feast starts (and will affect only him since the other 4 rings are on cd cause were used inside the belly).
    -2 healers that can proc the ring half-way through the feast (and will affect only them since the other 3 healers have their ring on cd).
    Admittedly there is a pair of healers that can't proc the healing ring during the feast (the ones that went second into the stomach). But having 3 out of 5 healers with rings and a very deterministic CD rotation seems more than good enough as long as the raid doesn't take additional damage from souls not being soaked correctly. Using this technique we were able to get past the feast several times so I think our feast healing is more than sufficient at the moment. On the other hand, having every healer under the ring effect when they enter the belly improves dramatically the essence healing (leaving at most only a couple of essences at around 20% outside typically) which really helps progression since essence's slowing people is a big problem with all the mechanics going around.
    I won't try to "keep the debuff" since my healing inside the belly seems to be on-par (or even a bit better) with the rest of the healers so I see no point. In addition, having a single healer dying be a wipe during progression would make it even harder than what it already is, so not interested in trying that out :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayta View Post
    I am not 100% certain of this, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen in logs if you use the ring in the stomach it only procs the ring for the healers that are inside the belly.
    This means that if both pairs of healers use the ring in the belly you have:
    -1 healer that can proc the ring as soon as the feast starts (and will affect only him since the other 4 rings are on cd cause were used inside the belly).
    -2 healers that can proc the ring half-way through the feast (and will affect only them since the other 3 healers have their ring on cd).
    Admittedly there is a pair of healers that can't proc the healing ring during the feast (the ones that went second into the stomach). But having 3 out of 5 healers with rings and a very deterministic CD rotation seems more than good enough as long as the raid doesn't take additional damage from souls not being soaked correctly. Using this technique we were able to get past the feast several times so I think our feast healing is more than sufficient at the moment. On the other hand, having every healer under the ring effect when they enter the belly improves dramatically the essence healing (leaving at most only a couple of essences at around 20% outside typically) which really helps progression since essence's slowing people is a big problem with all the mechanics going around.
    I won't try to "keep the debuff" since my healing inside the belly seems to be on-par (or even a bit better) with the rest of the healers so I see no point. In addition, having a single healer dying be a wipe during progression would make it even harder than what it already is, so not interested in trying that out :P.
    My healing inside the stomach was the best in our raid during progress, now it is weaker due to a weaker single target talent build, so I agree, do not suicide resto druids, unless they are uncapable of pulling roughly 1.5m healing.
    Though as for the ring only the first group that goes in can use it as the 2nd one wouldn't have it up for feasts, and issue is you won't have it for 2nd time you go in but then again you will most likely have it up for 2nd feast + 3rd stomach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very late to the party. I prefer the Lifebloom 2x Rejuvenation, move to next add and Lifebloom 2x Rejuvenation again; Genesis and throw in a Swiftmend and Nature's Swiftness + Regrowth. I find this to be higher throughput for less mana when executed well, but it can get shut down easily if your healing partner(s) down there don't balance their healing between the adds. If they top one and move to the next that's nearly half of your throughput gone, mana wasted, and now you'll likely have to Regrowth the second add to get it acceptably healed.

Edit: I don't use any CDs down there. If I'm the first group I can use NV and it'll be back up for the Feast, but I choose HotW for stronger Feast healing.
    Last edited by Evandril; 2015-10-13 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evandril View Post
    Edit: I don't use any CDs down there. If I'm the first group I can use NV and it'll be back up for the Feast, but I choose HotW for stronger Feast healing.
    With all your rankings I am surprised it didn't say "I choose HotW for stronger feast dps"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    With all your rankings I am surprised it didn't say "I choose HotW for stronger feast dps"
    That too, occasionally!

How about running Rampant Growth for this one?
    Regrowth -> Swiftmend -> Regrowth -> Swiftmend (without the RG glyph obviously) does HUGE amounts of single target healing because every single RG will be doubled from SotF.

We lose ToL which really sucks but it turns us into pretty much the best single target healer in the game. And outside we are still great if (and that's a big if) you can handle the Rampant Growth style (buffing every single WG with SotF, keeping many Rejuvs buffed).
    It can even easily be combined with DoC for good and free heals during feast if mana is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    How about running Rampant Growth for this one?
    Regrowth -> Swiftmend -> Regrowth -> Swiftmend (without the RG glyph obviously) does HUGE amounts of single target healing because every single RG will be doubled from SotF.

We lose ToL which really sucks but it turns us into pretty much the best single target healer in the game. And outside we are still great if (and that's a big if) you can handle the Rampant Growth style (buffing every single WG with SotF, keeping many Rejuvs buffed).
    It can even easily be combined with DoC for good and free heals during feast if mana is an issue.
    As I have mentioned earlier, I found this extremely useful for progress, allowed me to be the best at healing inside the stomach, I liked the overall playstyle of RG sotf on this fight, it was very viable with 5 healers at least, as you will be sacrificing some raid hps especially during the feast, and I had to be a bit more preservative with mana.

Definitely viable though.

Right, my bad, didn't see the post on the first page briefly mentioning it.
    We just downed Kilrog and I generally like Rampant Growth anyway so I'll give this a go when we approach Gorefiend for the first time later this week (hopefully)

About DoC: With the damage buff in the feast phase DoC should heal more than Rejuvenation, right? So WG on cooldown (with SotF) plus Wrath spam should be maximum healing and allow for a mana-neutral (or even mana-positive) feast phase. The alternative, taking HotW and spamming Rejuv/WG during feast, might produce slightly higher healing while HotW is active but I doubt it'll be sustainable, right?

In case the fight is 5healed: Might it be a good idea to use HotW to go full out dps for 45 seconds during a feast? The dps is rather significant and it could ensure that the boss goes down in time, right? Or are the dps requirements more focused on adds so that this wouldn't really help much?

Deleted
    In case the fight is 5healed: Might it be a good idea to use HotW to go full out dps for 45 seconds during a feast? The dps is rather significant and it could ensure that the boss goes down in time, right? Or are the dps requirements more focused on adds so that this wouldn't really help much?
    The only reason to bring 5 healers is to make Feast healing easier, or have the 5th suicide and make stomach healing easier. If you're going to dps during the Feast, you might as well bring a full dps instead. The enrage timer isn't super tight anyway, especially with rings. You gain more raid dps from ensuring a clean transition into feast without Essences up, than you ever will by doing dps yourself.

Right, my bad, didn't see the post on the first page briefly mentioning it.
    We just downed Kilrog and I generally like Rampant Growth anyway so I'll give this a go when we approach Gorefiend for the first time later this week (hopefully)

About DoC: With the damage buff in the feast phase DoC should heal more than Rejuvenation, right? So WG on cooldown (with SotF) plus Wrath spam should be maximum healing and allow for a mana-neutral (or even mana-positive) feast phase. The alternative, taking HotW and spamming Rejuv/WG during feast, might produce slightly higher healing while HotW is active but I doubt it'll be sustainable, right?

Well feast phase isn't particularly healing heavy imo, its just high numbers, which are easily handled by cds, I don't know about DoC, sounds like it with just get healing out to wrong targets and in small bursts, even if it would heal for same amount as rejuvs... but yeah, if you want to try it sure go ahead, I like rejuvs because it covers a person for quite some time after you casted it and it is sustainable with leech + DP.

There is no "the wrong target" during feast, they will all need healing, right ?
    Rejuv isn't really targetable either. Well, I target someone with it, sure, but it lasts 18 seconds and who knows what his health will be at in 5+ seconds. Most of Rejuv is rather random. I don't see the advantage over something like DoC which is also random (and, during feast, does comparable healing).