Weak Aura Help - Enemy cooldowns

Hey everyone. Just wanted to get your help on setting up a Weak Aura string to notify me of an enemy cooldown. I tried TellMeWhen but I feel like it is needlessly complicated. I don't need that much functionality. Trying out OmniCC but at the moment it's only tracking MY cooldowns.

For e.g. I'd like to be able to track when an enemy (e.g. Warlock) pops a cooldwon (e.g. Dark Soul). I think i can set up a basic one that monitors it based on Target, but I'd like to be able to have it just check everyone in perhaps a 40 yard range in case I don't have the Warlock targeted.

I figure that I would simply change the name of the spell for other cooldowns I want to track. Can anyone help me out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you'll have to make an aura searching in the Combat Log for someone using that spell.
    I am not even sure if this is possible, but I guess it is after what I've seen this tier.

I can try that later on when I get home, since I don't have access to World of Warcraft at work.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Perhaps you'll have to make an aura searching in the Combat Log for someone using that spell.
    I am not even sure if this is possible, but I guess it is after what I've seen this tier.

I can try that later on when I get home, since I don't have access to World of Warcraft at work.
    Thank you very much. I figure there must be an option I can select to have it 'search' the vicinity, but I'm not sure what it is. I figure it wouldn't be as useful for large raids like Ashran - but I do want it for the smaller scale pvp scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're thinking in arenas, for example, you can use the Trigger at arena1, arena2 & arena3.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I don't PvP, but I know OmniBar is a pretty popular addon. I think by default it does interrupts, but I think you can modify it to keep track of other CDs.

also Afflicted used to be used for that, but I don't know if it's up to date or how much modifying you'd have to do to get it working.
    Last edited by dementedlogic; 2015-10-05 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gladiatorlossa

This addon gives you voice prompts of most important spells for all classes in pvp...there are a lot of spells turned on by default, but it is simple to toggle the ones you don't want off in the options menu. I would highly suggest you try this, cause once you get used to it, it's a great help, and takes up zero screen space. GL with your PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    If you're thinking in arenas, for example, you can use the Trigger at arena1, arena2 & arena3.
    Arena and RBG. Though would be nice for WPVP too. Is there a certain way to trigger just for anyone in a certain yard radius around you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gladiatorlossa

This addon gives you voice prompts of most important spells for all classes in pvp...there are a lot of spells turned on by default, but it is simple to toggle the ones you don't want off in the options menu. I would highly suggest you try this, cause once you get used to it, it's a great help, and takes up zero screen space. GL with your PvP.

I've tried that before but I'm actually looking for something visual as I didn't like the audio notification.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    I don't PvP, but I know OmniBar is a pretty popular addon. I think by default it does interrupts, but I think you can modify it to keep track of other CDs.

also Afflicted used to be used for that, but I don't know if it's up to date or how much modifying you'd have to do to get it working.
    Just testing out OmniBar - seems to be working out quite well. Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Arena and RBG. Though would be nice for WPVP too. Is there a certain way to trigger just for anyone in a certain yard radius around you?

I've tried that before but I'm actually looking for something visual as I didn't like the audio notification.

Just testing out OmniBar - seems to be working out quite well. Thank you !
    Unless there is activity in the combat log, you cant determine if someone you are not targeting/mouseover'ing is within a certain range.
    Even then it is just whatever the upper limit is of the combat log, which can vary from one type of content to another I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.