Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Something That Bugs Me About The GTA Series

And in GTA Online in particular...
    Why is the Banshee not...better? Its based on the Dodge Viper, America's greatest supercar, yet it has historically been downgraded to sport status. Why? Quoted from the wiki:
    "As a result of the outstanding performance, this can easily compete with the fastest cars in the game. However, for some reason, the Banshee is not considered to be a supercar in online race classes or by characters (e.g. it is not approved by Alex Chilton, who is fond of supercars/expensive cars). "
    Coupled with its low sell value in older games, It seems Rockstar just doesn't value American cars...just look at the Supercar list for GTA V. How many American-based cars are on it? One. The Bullet. Considering how the series is set in America and America is pretty much the king of cars, why is it not better represented in these games? America has a great history of creating the most advanced and the fastest supercars on the planet, from the works of Carroll Shelby to the Dodge Charger Daytona. In the modern day, the Ford GT and the Dodge Viper are the pinnacle of high end sports vehicles, yet are both given only a passive nod by Rockstar, while Itallian-based vehicles are given the spotlight. Anyone else a little peeved by the lack of American love in an American centered game?

(Yes, I know Rockstar is U.K. Based, but there is a lack of English cars in the game as well)

Is dodge or any other american car company paying Rockstar money to make their cars look good?

No?

So then why does it matter?

I mean do you think GTA is how america really is? The entire game is a parody of america, why do you give a shit if a rip off car brand isn't as strong as what it was ripped off from?

This sounds like a lame nationalist rant that has no place on the video game section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Is dodge or any other american car company paying Rockstar money to make their cars look good?

No?

So then why does it matter?

I mean do you think GTA is how america really is? The entire game is a parody of america, why do you give a shit if a rip off car brand isn't as strong as what it was ripped off from?

This sounds like a lame nationalist rant that has no place on the video game section.
    I mean that the car is already in the game and it isn't considered up to par with other cars in the series. A Banshee can keep pace with a Zentorino yet I can't race it in a supercar race...why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahw is someone realizing they aren't the center of the world?

How cute, someone quickly take a picture baby is taking his first steps outside of the nationalist bubble!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ahw is someone realizing they aren't the center of the world?

How cute, someone quickly take a picture baby is taking his first steps outside of the nationalist bubble!
    Again, this isn't nationalist. I do enough of that anyway. It just kind of bugs me that an American centered, automotive centered game doesn't give the American cars a bit more love. This rant is more about the game itself rather than a world view, as like I said, they actually put these cars in the game yet didn't code them to show their true stats. Could easily be patched to change the Banshee to a supercar, or give it a whole new "enhanced" version like the Sultan RS. I'll admit that most real-world Vipers won't keep pace with a Bugatti, but the better packages would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting upset over an american car not being superior enough to your liking ignoring all sort of other gameplay related reasons, is blind nationalism.

Seems dictionaries are also optional in Trumps america

Deleted
    America is the king of cars? I must have missed the memo.

Also, is the OP's signature a joke? Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Considering how the series is set in America and America is pretty much the king of cars, why is it not better represented in these games
    Yeah. Well. No.

Since when is America the "King of Cars"? Like..wtf?
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XTRWLT View Post
    Yeah. Well. No.

Since when is America the "King of Cars"? Like..wtf?
    Ever hear of the Big Three? Chrysler, Ford, and GM pretty much run the car world, and the phrase "X is the Cadillac of Y" didn't come from nowhere. It is still a matter of opinion, but I'm kinda proud to say we know what we are doing over here. Its not blind nationalism like you all are taking it for, I think the Italians know food, the Japanese know entertainment, and the Germans know music, but America knows cars.

Should note that while the Banshee is my biggest pet peeve since I am a huge Viper fan, I also think the Massacro should be a classed a supercar as well. Needs more FR in the supercar list. Mid-engine is overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    >America is the king of cars
    ahahaha
    Ford is a big company fair enough but the rest don't even count in Europe.

Ever hear of the Big Three? Chrysler, Ford, and GM pretty much run the car world, and the phrase "X is the Cadillac of Y" didn't come from nowhere. It is still a matter of opinion, but I'm kinda proud to say we know what we are doing over here. Its not blind nationalism like you all are taking it for, I think the Italians know food, the Japanese know entertainment, and the Germans know music, but America knows cars.

Should note that while the Banshee is my biggest pet peeve since I am a huge Viper fan, I also think the Massacro should be a classed a supercar as well. Needs more FR in the supercar list. Mid-engine is overrated.
    That will be your opinion on cars.

In fact most people believe the Europeans are the "king of cars" or at least the ones who build the best or the most.

Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Peugeot, VW (yeah fck em right now I know), Volvo, Fiat, Citroen etc are just a few examples for European cars. And then I didn't even include a few which VW/Audi owns (Skoda, Seat etc)

Heck even Japan and Korean cars are far better then most of the ones coming from America and from Europe.
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XTRWLT View Post
    That will be your opinion on cars.

In fact most people believe the Europeans are the "king of cars" or at least the ones who build the best or the most.

Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Peugeot, VW (yeah fck em right now I know), Volvo, Fiat, Citroen etc are just a few examples for European cars. And then I didn't even include a few which VW/Audi owns (Skoda, Seat etc)

Heck even Japan and Korean cars are far better then most of the ones coming from America and from Europe.
    Not saying Europe and Asia don't have very good cars, A Subaru Impreza WRX STI is at the top of my wish list, but as for consistent quality in the racing world goes, America takes the cake. Note that I really don't care much about safety, technology, or passenger capacity, and most certainly not fuel efficiency/emissions. Just speed and style. I'm a 22 year old bachelor after all. But I could defend America all day, this isn't the thread for that though. My main point was that the Supercar list could get a bet less monotonous, considering how every race ever made on GTA online has to be a supercar race...I'm tired of seeing the back of my Bullet. European style mid engine cars are kind of the whole list, I really would love the Banshee, Massacro, and a few others bumped up in status.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Viper that the Banshee was influenced by wasn't a particularly great car, it still stands as an example of having decent power that you can't put down/use well. Outside of a drag strip it could never have kept up with it's competitors let alone actual supercars. If I was looking for a lack of American supercar representation I'd look at the Coquette and its C/Z influence personally, far better car.

but as for consistent quality in the racing world goes, America takes the cake.
    Only in races that the rest of the world barely take part in like Nascar. Touring car, Rally, Forumla [X] etc are all predominantly European and Asian.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2015-10-08 at 04:58 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

And in GTA Online in particular...
    Why is the Banshee not...better? Its based on the Dodge Viper, America's greatest supercar, yet it has historically been downgraded to sport status. Why? Quoted from the wiki: Coupled with its low sell value in older games, It seems Rockstar just doesn't value American cars...just look at the Supercar list for GTA V. How many American-based cars are on it? One. The Bullet. Considering how the series is set in America and America is pretty much the king of cars, why is it not better represented in these games? America has a great history of creating the most advanced and the fastest supercars on the planet, from the works of Carroll Shelby to the Dodge Charger Daytona. In the modern day, the Ford GT and the Dodge Viper are the pinnacle of high end sports vehicles, yet are both given only a passive nod by Rockstar, while Itallian-based vehicles are given the spotlight. Anyone else a little peeved by the lack of American love in an American centered game?

(Yes, I know Rockstar is U.K. Based, but there is a lack of English cars in the game as well)
    You must be new to the car world because in the modern day, the Dodge Viper and the Ford GT are most certainly not the pinnacle of high end sports vehicles...

Ever hear of the Big Three? Chrysler, Ford, and GM pretty much run the car world, and the phrase "X is the Cadillac of Y" didn't come from nowhere.
    Bwahhaa.. sorry, in europe there are barely any Chrysler's, Ford's and GM's. Please do try again

This nationalism based on stupidity is just amusing.

I like how this thread was made by a dude who honestly supports Donald Trump.

You're confirming my bias. Great feeling.

Mostly love his quotes..

Ever hear of the Big Three? Chrysler, Ford, and GM pretty much run the car world, and the phrase "X is the Cadillac of Y" didn't come from nowhere.

but as for consistent quality in the racing world goes, America takes the cake.

I really don't care much about safety

These say enough right? Has to be a troll right? please?

UK-based game company does not glorify American car > "why doesn't Rockstar love America like it should?"

Great stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    I like how this thread was made by a dude who honestly supports Donald Trump.

You're confirming my bias. Great feeling.
    AMURICA FUCK YEA!

We make the best everything! Even cars that dont sell anywhere else in the world. FUCK YEA

America's greatest supercar
    Um when was the viper a supercar? Let alone americas greatest.