need help with trinkets in Challenge modes

hi, have been neglecting challenge modes in WoD , planning to clear it soon, have questions about what spec to use and what trinkets are optimal for CM gold. I have all HFC trinkets.

To my knowledge frost has always been the best spec for CM before HFC, is that still the case ? Or is arcane stronger with Prophecy of Fear ?

Also i would like to know what are the best trinket combination for both frost and arcane spec in Challenge mode dungeons.

please help, thank you.

Deleted
    Frost is still very good. Arcane has the advantage of SN interrupt but is behind on dmg most of the time.
    Trinketwise before 6.2 the general consens was alchytrinket+Copelands. In 6.2 this is still one of the strongest combos. Most of the HFC-trinkets are bad in CMs due to bad scaling. And PoF is esp not really good because u need on demand burst and not "pray to the upper gods for burst"-burst.

UGoS is pretty good, it was doing 5-10% of my damage on ST fight and up to 20% on trash. Same % of my damage on un bolstered down ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    In 6.2 this is still one of the strongest combos. Most of the HFC-trinkets are bad in CMs due to bad scaling. And PoF is esp not really good because u need on demand burst and not "pray to the upper gods for burst"-burst.
    HFC trinkets are pretty lackluster for sure. I used Blackiron Micro Crucible (due to its amazing Intellect and Multistrike is always helpful), and Quiescent Runestone (the passive stat stick is nice for between-procs on trash).

In terms of spec, Arcane is good for ST burst and Supernovas, but I don't see the appeal outside of that. It doesn't have the long-term AoE damage potential like Frost has with novas, orb, blizzard to lower orb cd, etc. Not to mention splitting ice for your icicles and ice lances. I ran just fine with Frost back in 6.1. While CCs matter, your group should be making up most of the other CC. The most important thing to consider though is your freezes (pet Freeze and Ice Nova, since you want to shatter stuff). If your tank is kiting mobs around/pulling the next pack and you freeze mobs, ANYONE near the mobs will be melee'd and probably killed, so do take extreme caution when setting up your shatters.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Ok so if I have the Gaze should I have the other one a haste multi stable stats or a int with multi proc?

Deleted
    Gaze is good like Ynai said. As for the 2nd trinket I'd say either beastlord or blackhand. Proctrinkets or on use trinkets are always better than flat stat trinkets. I've even tried the use trinket from Twin Ogrons and I liked it alot but since it doesn't line up good with veins the other two will probably give you more dmg throughout the entire instance.

Ive got the Imperator trinket with flat stats and the everbloom trinket with proc. So the proc should be a better choise, roght?

Deleted
    I would play with the everbloom one yes. That trinket in particular is pretty bad though since the base intellect is so low but the proc is very good so that makes it worth it I think.

Deleted
    Alchi Trinket (the one to buy, versatility and int proc) and Micro Crucible from Blackhand is my chioce for CM.
    If you got some BRF trinkets... or Iskar trinket..... nearly all of those are better that the everbloom trinket. as statet... the static int is really low.

Depends on how your group is going to complete them. If you pull big groups then you want a trinket with a big proc and a on-use trinket so you can stack them, together with potions and maybe bloodlust, and do massive AoE damage. If you are pulling a lot of small groups then you are most likely better off with trinkets that have stats on them. At least that's what I did on my blood DK and I think this applies to every class/spec.
    You obviously want the ones that have the best stats for your class and spec. On my blood DK that would be BA/strength/multistrike trinkets.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2015-10-09 at 08:56 AM.