Poll: Would you like a ranged spec for Rogue?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    If they couldn't come up with a ranged now I doubt they will next expansion...Rogue really should get a ranged spec...do Rogues really need 3 melee dps specs...especially when 2 of them use the exact same weapons...
    Do Mage's and Locks really need 3 ranged DPS specs...

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    The winning argument here is that any class with a ranged spec MUST play ranged next x-pac. Hunters getting melee is kind of a joke; they won't be allowed to be a melee class. Well, not if htey want to raid. Maybe they can PvP or do five-mans.'
    Says who? How can you claim melee Hunter is not viable before you've even seen what they do... For all you know they might be the BEST melee class in Legion raids.

no ranged for rogues please. never.

Seriously? There are like 3-4 other threads JUST BELOW THIS ONE.

There is already a raged rogue spec called Shuriken Toss hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I would like for combat to become a little less reliant on stealth and use weapons besides daggers, assassination and subtlety to be rolled into one spec and keep the best elements of both, and the third spec to be ranged and focus on hit and run sniping.
    Well I was going to make a post, but I think this sums up what I was going for even more nicely than I would have.

Only thing I'd add in would be to specify the ranged spec of rogue should have one or two melee attacks roughly equal to some of their range stuff, but with a decent cooldown. (The idea I'm going for is that if they have to make an attack or two in melee, they can, but they can't sustain it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    The winning argument here is that any class with a ranged spec MUST play ranged next x-pac. Hunters getting melee is kind of a joke; they won't be allowed to be a melee class. Well, not if htey want to raid. Maybe they can PvP or do five-mans.'

Rogues can't have a ranged spec because then we might as well have only one spec.
    I think you are under estimating the amount of hunters that play and the level of "whine til you win" that would happen if Munters are not a viable spec.
    One of the most played classes= Lots of whining players = Blizz making it viable. if it is not already in raids.

As for the replied to my ...post, look, it is just how I think I rogue should be, melee at all times .....ranged stuff should be a "last resort" pull thing, not a main gimmick ...in my opinion.
    I respect that some folks want to have a stand out and throw stuff spec for rogues, I just do not think it fits a rogue style,feel etc.
    And...Hunters are already a thing.
    I do not miss competing with hunters for weapons ...at all...even when they were just stat sticks/boosters.

Unless they made one of the specs (Sub for the sake of argument) like Bard...being a ranged buff/Proc spec...but even then it would end up being a scrapping bar fight spec in the end, once the "music" stopped...the Lute becomes an effective club.

So you would get your "Pirate" hack slash ...yarr! Combat, Assassination is your sneaky,shhh,*poof* spec ,then your ...Stand outside the main fight...buff players , wait for the right moment(proc) play the "brown note" do damage to the bad and or be a nearly all AOE spec...and at the end of the song smash your guitar over the bosses head...spec.

I just see DH being the more likely (my opinion) justifiable class to get/need a range spec at the moment...2 specs wont last for them
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-11-03 at 08:52 PM.