Deleted

How is Enh doing right now?

It's been a while since I have played a Shammy. My last one was a Resto way back, I've never actually touched Enh but upon further inspection it seems like a really unique and cool class.
    So, my question is. What is the state of Enh?
    Obviously I'll get a lot of "play what you like" comments, but seriously, I don't want to play something that's just going to handicap me and frustrate me as I struggle to keep up, so I'll just ask bluntly.
    Are Enh Shammies in a good state in PvE/PvP right now?

Deleted
    PVP: Yes Turbo Cleave one of the strongest comp in the game atm
    PVE: Not completely garbage, but u have to fight for the melee spots in the raids and warriors/DKs and rogues bring alot more (but enhance is completely playable)

One of the best, if not the best, AOE classes in the game.

Enhancement spec is doing just fine in pve. In my experience, all the Melee classes have to fight for spots. We are generally topping charts in the charts in AoE fights, but struggle some in the single target fights. It really depends on how good your weapons and trinkets are as well as timing your 5min CDs.

Deleted
    Insane aoe for fights where adds are up for a semi long time. My enha is still pretty much a skank alt but I can do like 80k dps on LFR xhul because there's always like 5 targets to nova.

Deleted
    In pve in 9 out of 10 cases you won't be brought for mythic progress due to limited melee spots and all rogues, dks, warriors bringing better utility and far superior single target and cleave dps. Only one and a half fight out of 13 in HFC requires some sustained aoe that is enhancement's niche.

Deleted
    FIrst of all enhc is doing okish in pve. We dont have the greatest single target dmg nor the best aoe dps but we manage. Saying that we have the best aoe dps is completly bullshit and i can show you logs proving that. The only fight were we top the charts easily is Iskar where the adds live a respectable amount, the rest of the fights adds get cleaved down faster than you can LL/Fire nova x2.

I dont play pvp.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    In ideal conditions, yeah potentially. But there really are no places where sustained AoE shines this tier. Everything dies far to quick.

Deleted
    As 12/13 Mythic enhancement shaman i would say that progressing we're not great, but if you don't play in a top 20-50 guild there is no denying enhancement shamans. If you play it to its limits and know how to play it, given that it's alot of effort. You will top the meters. But you would never be able to compete with a Demonology Warlock on aoe in any HFC encounter, nor arcane mages with good RNG or marksman hunters for short termed AOE. However stating that our ST dmg is all wrong. And it's all about playing around the cooldowns. So far HFC have suited enhancement shaman great, atleast if you pull out constant targetswapping as on Archimonde Mythic where you would rather have any other melee atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenest View Post
    As 12/13 Mythic enhancement shaman i would say that progressing we're not great, but if you don't play in a top 20-50 guild there is no denying enhancement shamans. If you play it to its limits and know how to play it, given that it's alot of effort. You will top the meters. But you would never be able to compete with a Demonology Warlock on aoe in any HFC encounter, nor arcane mages with good RNG or marksman hunters for short termed AOE. However stating that our ST dmg is all wrong. And it's all about playing around the cooldowns. So far HFC have suited enhancement shaman great, atleast if you pull out constant targetswapping as on Archimonde Mythic where you would rather have any other melee atleast.
    What are you smoking, enhancement shamans aren't topping meters regardless of this thing you call effort. They have a couple fights where they can reach the top but for the majority of the fights they aren't even contenders.

Enhance is top on mythic Killrogg if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by robomatticus View Post
    Enhance is top on mythic Killrogg if that helps.
    Because of the AoE, when we can AoE well, we can skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Kilrogg is searing totem interacting weirdly with the dmg bonus, not the aoe.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Among the PVE/PVP talk, How are Enhancement Shams for soloing MOP content. Is there any that we could?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    Well that's just wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Poki View Post
    Enhancement spec is doing just fine in pve. In my experience, all the Melee classes have to fight for spots. We are generally topping charts in the charts in AoE fights, but struggle some in the single target fights. It really depends on how good your weapons and trinkets are as well as timing your 5min CDs.
    Yes all have to fight. But you want 1 to 2 rogues on many fights, 2-3 dks on some fights, warriors for insane aoe burst too, ww very strong for aoe and many important fights. Ferals and enhancers are very weak in PVE fight now. Ferals are quite different though (weak aoe, very strong single target).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    We're not even very good at AOE though. AOE for me involves also 2/3 target cleave, burst AOE, spreaded targets and so on and we're on many 2 target fights we are straightout bottom. We're king of helllfire assault though - as long as your raid is weak...

Our single target is solid. If we had the utility like DKs, we would be useful. But we don't. Mass grip is very very important, dks can also soak black holes on Xhul, they are very important for Archimonde too. Rogues are dealing 10-20% more damage in pretty much every situation, single, cleave and mass aoe. Warriors have execute what makes them very strong on some of the most important phases and they have much much stronger aoe burst. Enhancers can fill up your raid though if you miss them. Like our raids. Our rogue is really bad and the very good rogue left for a better guild. So i get my spots here and there.