Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Costs a LOT MORE than cigarettes, at least in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    a friend of mine stopped smoking within a week. Guess why? Because his new GF did not like it.
    So, when his next girlfriend dislikes a shape of his face, he will proceed to a nearest plastic clinic ASAP? Pfft.

You know, some men actually still have balls, so your awesome advice won't work for everyone, sadly.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Much better for you than smoking. People who are impeding the acceptance of vaping as an alternative to smoking are murderers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

In theory it should be better, but it's very annoying. Smoking being banned indoors was great for me and my girlfriend. We couldn't go out to eat because she has asthma and cigarette smoke makes me sick.

However, now, people vape indoors and just casually blow that shit all over the place like ass hats. It's not as bad for me, but that smoke/mist/chemically-infused vapor makes it hard for my girlfriend to breathe. We only go places that do not allowing vaping inside, but it's difficult to find these places.

Basically, I'm fine with it as long as people are still considerate and aknowledge blowing that shit all over the place without concern for anyone else is a douche move.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    e-cigs = vaping. vaping = e-cigs.
    ok. Best parts of True Detective season 2 was Colin Farrell and Taylor Klisph making fun of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    ok. Best parts of True Detective season 2 was Colin Farrell and Taylor Klisph making fun of it.
    The best part of True Detective season 2 was when I forgot about it

10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you guys think about vaping? Do you find it to be a good thing or a bad thing? Do you find clouds to be incredibly stupid?
    I think Vaping is great! I find it a good thing, and I love huge clouds, but not so much in public.

I have been vaping for over a year now, and it has been quite life changing. I feel a ton better, and my nicotine cravings have gone down substantially. The flavor is a thousand times better than a cigarette. And I love the customization of your devices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    How do you know somebody is a Vaper?

He blows stuff in your face.
    That would be a douche bag. I make it a point to blow my vapor to the ground so that I am not throwing a cloud of fog at someone's face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Better than smoking by far, but I still want those guys to stay in their designated smoking areas.
    Those who are respectful, follow the same rules which are in place for smokers.

However, if a business owner allows me to vape in their building, I will be doing so.

Example, a bar, or music venue.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    However, now, people vape indoors and just casually blow that shit all over the place like ass hats. It's not as bad for me, but that smoke/mist/chemically-infused vapor makes it hard for my girlfriend to breathe. We only go places that do not allowing vaping inside, but it's difficult to find these places.
    Can someone educate me here, I was under the impression the vapour you exhale was essentially just water vapour.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I know 5 people who have stopped smoking within about 8 months of getting an E-Cig , whatever they are doing they are working.

You can't just stop an addiction instantly, whether it's alcohol abuse, drug abuse, smoking or even eating. You have to steadily decrease intake over time so your body adjusts to the changes. E-Cigs give people control over the amount of tobacco (or is it nicotine?) they take in, reducing it over time to the point where they don't even want it. We need these sort of things for other addictions.

I've never used them (I don't smoke to meh) but been around them enough to get a rough idea on how they work. Some of the cartridges smell quite nice, I like the smell of the caramel one, makes me hungry.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Better in theory then smoking, but currently unregulated so you may be inhaling all sorts of nasty crap.
    That's why I buy from a shop where I can watch them make it. 100% vegetable glycerine (doesn't break down into formaldehyde when overheated), pure nicotine extract, USDA approved food-grade flavor additives. Pretty straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Better than smoking by far, but I still want those guys to stay in their designated smoking areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Completely fine with it as long as people aren't vaping in restaurants and bars etc.
    Shit, I started it because they took away smoking in bars. That and it's vastly cheaper than analogue smoking.

As for the health stuff, it's about 5% as detrimental to your health as smoking is. Some portion of that 5% comes from propylene glycol, which I don't even use. Requires a better atomizer, but it's worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That would be a douche bag. I make it a point to blow my vapor to the ground so that I am not throwing a cloud of fog at someone's face.
    They are still annoying with their obtrusive artificial smells.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a shit if people vape. Sure, it's irritating when people don't shut up about it, but that's not limited to people who vape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Completely fine with it as long as people aren't vaping in restaurants and bars etc.
    restaurants I agree. Bars however, I'm on the fence. I will if the owner allows it, but I won't sneak it in if it's not permitted.

Deleted
    It definitely seems to be becoming a fad and I"m curious how long it will last.
    isn't it because people realize smoking is worst so this is an alternative to quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Costs a LOT MORE than cigarettes, at least in my country.
    That is unfortunate. In the U.S. it is quite cheap. You can get a starter kit for $50, and a bottle of e-liquid for about $10-$20. 15ml can last you a week or two pending on how much you use it. a 30ml bottle can last you a few weeks to almost a month.

When I was a smoker, I would easily spend $70 in 2 weeks, if not more. Once your starter kit is bought, you will be spending about $30 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Can someone educate me here, I was under the impression the vapour you exhale was essentially just water vapour.
    Mostly but depending on the 'juice' it can have other chemicals in it. There aren't enough studies to determine if second hand vape is harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Better in theory then smoking, but currently unregulated so you may be inhaling all sorts of nasty crap.
    You can make your own liquids, so if you still want to smoke you can make it as healty as possible.
    However, if your vaper friend put weed in the thing and start blowing high clouds in your face, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    IMO, some people just can't live without the reason to treat other people like shit. They had their way with smokers; now, when smokers found the way to both smoke and not "harm" others, such people still whine about "clouds" that hurt their feelings a lot. I quite fear that in a couple of dozens of years such people will kill others on sight if others dare to like something those people don't like.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    isn't it because people realize smoking is worst so this is an alternative to quitting
    Yes it is, but I'm curious how many of them are doing them to quit nicotine and how many are doing it because it's cool. I have nothing against them either way with why they are doing it. I'm just curious how many are actually stepping down with vaping.

I don't have a problem with it. Seems to be much better than smoking. I always want to immediately wash my clothes and jump in the shower after I've been in a smoker's house/car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when I see people vaping on the streets I have an overwhelming urge to point and laugh at them.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.