Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

So, after all followers are 675..

do you drop the War Mill?

I dropped the War Mill/Bunker long before my followers were all 675. I found the garrison missions and salvage yard provided more than enough follower upgrades.

Yeah I dropped the mill and replaced it with stables for the mounted speed increase.

After they're all 675, you send them on prospector missions to find new sources of oil while you go make friends with some boats.

War mill can still be useful for your bonus roll token each week. I went with the trading post instead though. Nothing else to spend garrison resources on these days, so might as well buy some crafting materials - even though they're not super valuable anymore either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raevene View Post
    mounted speed increase.

That's a bit meh. I almost never need Draenor flying anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagura View Post
    bonus roll token

That's approximately no gain here. I even have leftover apexis that do nothing. And I keep getting more from the table.

- - - Updated - - -

I may get whatever just because of the novelty, I didn't have many alts or mains this expac.

Though I may want to see first if the gold gained from upgrades is worth it.

Most probably not.

Take a mage tower/spirit tower in place. Ogre waystones let you complete missions instantly.

I have an Inn, mage tower, trading post, and barracks. Works out well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunchipz View Post
    complete missions instantly.

I'm at a point that I queue all missions with nothing left daily.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    do you drop the War Mill?
    On my main I replaced it with a mage tower during 6.1. It's aesthetically more pleasing, it has portals (including a fixed one to Tanaan) and it's work orders give Apexis and mission completion items.
    Most large buildings just look terrible in my opinion, Barracks and Tower are the only ones that look decent.
    The portals are useful if you're into content that sends you across Draenor (Archaeology and pet tamers mostly) and the fixed one to Tanaan (including return portal) saves you some travel time and a loading screen.
    The Apexis you get from the work orders is marginal at best now that Tanaan is around and the mission completion orders can be useful. But getting the stones for the work orders is just annoying/boring. Lately the only ones I've been getting are from the ogres around the new Highmaul rares. By far the best areas to get them are all low level ones where you'll run into respawn issues. They really should add in additional sources for these. Like adding some Ogres to Tanaan, increasing Ogre density in existing areas, adding garrison missions for them, adding crafting recipies for them or by selling them on a vendor for X goods/currency/gold. Semi AFK-ing by standing still and using Starfall and your Loot-e-rang is just bad design.

On alts I just don't bother replacing it with something else. Really couldn't be arsed to farm up stones for the work orders on my main, let alone doing it on several alts.

garrison sucks in general...killed the community.

Deleted
    The mounting speed seems like a minor advantage. But I'm still thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagura View Post
    Nothing else to spend garrison resources on these days, so might as well buy some crafting materials...
    I'm actually stockpiling coliseum work order completions for a fast honour boost at the start of next season. I'm hoping to have around 60 of 'em and a stack of bones ready to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The reason to get the stables is not the speed increase. It is the ability to interact with object while mounted combined with flying.

Ye that too. It's basically the only building that seems to have some "min maxing" in it provided one doesn't need War Mill and they don't care at all about skill-less achievements on other buildings. I may go there if I do anything.

Deleted
    lol why didn't you tell me missions include naval ones? I definitely go with that building. It's even faster that mounting speed for most things concerning draenor, barring tanaan but I care little about tanaan or draenor.

Deleted
    I kept it because of free seals of inevitable fate. After few weeks all my characters will have decent supply of these bonus rolls.

I do not fancy farming even more fucking apexis crystals so no mage tower. Stables? Meh. Completely useless on Pala or DK, barely useful on others. 2.5% relative fly speed increase does not make any diffrence and isn't worth few k gold and GRs per character. Mounted interaction sounds decent on paper, in reality it's negiligent. I shaved off a massive chunk of garrison chore management by dropping mine and garden off the list, forgetting ordering my inventory on a daily basis and dropping salvage yards in favor of JC shacks.

The bonus rolls from war mill are very nice to spend in occasional HFC pug or mythic dungeons. My average ilvl across 10 characters is now 691.7 and I don't raid that much tbh.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-10-12 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    On my main I replaced it with a mage tower during 6.1. It's aesthetically more pleasing, it has portals (including a fixed one to Tanaan) and it's work orders give Apexis and mission completion items.
    Most large buildings just look terrible in my opinion, Barracks and Tower are the only ones that look decent.
    The portals are useful if you're into content that sends you across Draenor (Archaeology and pet tamers mostly) and the fixed one to Tanaan (including return portal) saves you some travel time and a loading screen.
    The Apexis you get from the work orders is marginal at best now that Tanaan is around and the mission completion orders can be useful. But getting the stones for the work orders is just annoying/boring. Lately the only ones I've been getting are from the ogres around the new Highmaul rares. By far the best areas to get them are all low level ones where you'll run into respawn issues. They really should add in additional sources for these. Like adding some Ogres to Tanaan, increasing Ogre density in existing areas, adding garrison missions for them, adding crafting recipies for them or by selling them on a vendor for X goods/currency/gold. Semi AFK-ing by standing still and using Starfall and your Loot-e-rang is just bad design.

On alts I just don't bother replacing it with something else. Really couldn't be arsed to farm up stones for the work orders on my main, let alone doing it on several alts.
    Fixed portal to Tanaan? Wheres that at, exactly? I had to activate the portal on all my toons...

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Fixed portal to Tanaan? Wheres that at, exactly? I had to activate the portal on all my toons...
    On my level 3 tower it's downstairs. Now that I think of it I don't know if I had to activate it first. If that's the case, the portal is to the west of the Alliance base.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    On my level 3 tower it's downstairs. Now that I think of it I don't know if I had to activate it first. If that's the case, the portal is to the west of the Alliance base.
    Yeah i didnt think it was built in. I had to de-activate my portal in Nagrand (that i really only used for fast access to wolves for the Barn) and activate the one in Tanaan.

Worth it though.

Ive got mine set in Shadowmoon/Spires/Tanaan, you automatically get a mole machine for Gorgorond, and everything else is close. Coupled with having the mage Bodyguard, you can be literally anywhere almost instantly.

And the mission completion orders are nice when you want that 2000g mission to finish right now.

Deleted
    I farmed waystones for few hours, and then i realised how little you actually need them for the completion orders, thus i spent them for oil rig mission with by fisher boats. :s At this point i'm just retraining my followers for +gold trait for those nifty reward amounts, not much use for anything else anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iots View Post
    i spent them for oil rig mission with by fisher boats.
    wait, how?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    wait, how?
    Blueprint: Oil Rig

- - - Updated - - -

Easy-peasy mission, always 100%, lasts 9 hours and rewards 400 Oil.