Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As i said on my previous post, Rengar is PERFECTLY viable in high elo. I got to diamond 3 by playing Rengar mainly and now that i am diamond 1 on EUW (been to master multiple times, but got demoted pretty fast:P) i play Rengar when i get the chance (he is banned really often). Teams in solo queue, just cant deal/cba with Rengar usually. Ofc you can get "shut down" not saying otherwise, but the FACT is, that once Rengar gets going its really, really hard to stop him.
    "better warding" sounds like a simple solution on paper, but in practice its much more complicated to pull off. The fact is, Rengar is insanely good from low to high elo (i know from personal experience). He doesnt fit everywhere, he has weaknesses obviously, but he is a monster in soloqueue if played correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    And he probably gets better results and higher ban in EUW compared to NA, China, and Korea because it's a region focused more on individual lanes and personally outperforming others as opposed to map/ward control and team play, which is more conducive for Rengar coming in and dominating. It's perfectly fine that you individually have had decent results with Rengar. But that does not detract from his weaknesses and the fact that if the enemy team is willing to change how they play the game they can fight him... because ultimately, Rengar's performance is based on the enemy team not adjusting specifically for him as opposed to just doing their own thing. He is a champion of opportunity. He does well by capitalizing on others making mistakes and overlooking things. And people who are very good at identifying those holes in peoples defenses will play Rengar well. He doesn't win because he's inherently stronger.

Deleted
    So, no Tahm Kench? :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, no Tahm Kench? :'(
    I like tahm kench as that very specific pick that you use to counter a burst comp. His kit is absolutely beautiful for negating a massive assassin burst. The problem right now is that the juggernought patch is more in favor of steady dps bruisers and control mages than assassin burst, and so his biggest strengths are not going to come into effect as much as they would have 6 months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

And for an example of what I said about being able to control evelynn with ward control, watch the latest worlds match KT vs LGD game 2. They basically negated all of Eve's presence throughout the entire game, even before they were winning the match, by using aggressive wards and communication across the team to tag her location.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-10-10 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I said he faces problems at higher tiers that you won't find at lower ones, not that he wasn't playable, doesn't work, or anything of the sort. The reason why he has such a high ban rate is that people who are smart don't want to spend all that energy putting down deep wards and having to change their playstyle just to deal with him. Because ultimately, it's far more annoying to deal with a champion that changes how you play than it is to deal with an overpowered champion.

As for him being overpowered.. umm.. learn better warding. You counter rengar by denying him kills, and he falls off naturally on his own if he isn't ahead just by protecting your squishies from an initial burst spike.
    I don't ban Rango because of me, I know how you're supposed too but even then a smart Rango player gets around your wards and knows exactly where it's safe to ult. It's not that simple but the reason I like him banned is because of my ADC going off on his own and farming a lane which is exactly what Rango wants. Thankfully I've been noticing he's been falling out of being a major pick in my elo bar Rango mains. Also please like I understand where you're coming from but don't tell me to learn better warding, there's a reason I'm nearly Master tier.

It's really more of a trust issue in solo queue which is completely fine to have, why play vs a champ that can take a huge advantage of the chaos that is solo queue? He's a cheese champ and that means if he somehow gets what he wants he just snowballs into oblivion.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    And for an example of what I said about being able to control evelynn with ward control, watch the latest worlds match KT vs LGD game 2. They basically negated all of Eve's presence throughout the entire game, even before they were winning the match, by using aggressive wards and communication across the team to tag her location.
    The flip side to that was SKT1 vs H2K where SKT1 combined Evelynn and Karthus map pressure to force H2K to play passive like.. the entire game: H2K was completely immobilized by the constant risk of Eve/Requiem. Even under their own turret they repeatedly dove to punish bot lane and feed Kalista.

I'm not saying you can't negate some of her map presence with aggressive warding - but that comes at a big risk - you need to repeatedly overextend into the enemy jungle to place those wards - and that costs you money and time and lane presence - and it puts you at constant risk of being caught out.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-10-12 at 09:28 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The flip side to that was SKT1 vs H2K where SKT1 combined Evelynn and Karthus map pressure to force H2K to play passive like.. the entire game: H2K was completely immobilized by the constant risk of Eve/Requiem. Even under their own turret they repeatedly dove to punish bot lane and feed Kalista.

I'm not saying you can't negate some of her map presence with aggressive warding - but that comes at a big risk - you need to repeatedly overextend into the enemy jungle to place those wards - and that costs you money and time and lane presence - and it puts you at constant risk of being caught out.
    I mean, the flip flip side to that is that that is the #1 team in worlds vs the weakest team in the entire lineup, so SKT could probably just do whatever they wanted... and had a strong incentive too, since going with their best hand would mean revealing their best tactics before the brackets.

Regardless, was mostly illustrating the way that you fight evelynn. Aggressive pinks with laners who will protect them, wards that can spot eve when she unstealths to farm, communication pinging her out across the map to relieve her global pressure. These are things you can do in solo queue and such to counter eve's presence. It's not a deal breaker with evelynn, just something to recognize and prepare for if you pick her up when moving into tiers where people are more cognizant of proper aggressive warding.

I mean, the flip flip side to that is that that is the #1 team in worlds vs the weakest team in the entire lineup, so SKT could probably just do whatever they wanted... and had a strong incentive too, since going with their best hand would mean revealing their best tactics before the brackets.

Regardless, was mostly illustrating the way that you fight evelynn. Aggressive pinks with laners who will protect them, wards that can spot eve when she unstealths to farm, communication pinging her out across the map to relieve her global pressure. These are things you can do in solo queue and such to counter eve's presence. It's not a deal breaker with evelynn, just something to recognize and prepare for if you pick her up when moving into tiers where people are more cognizant of proper aggressive warding.
    Every lane has 3 or more entrances to gank from. They cannot all be pinked. Pinks are honestly more just a setback than any actual prevention for her. Best way to stop Eve from destroying you is lane position honestly or having your jungler waiting in the brush for her arrival

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE DAY THAT MALZAHAR BECOMES META.

ALL HAIL. Maybe he'll get enough hype for Rito to make the Shadow Prince particles yellow >.>