11-year old shoots 8-year old dead, charged with murder

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kiehtd0jmjY

http://www.local8now.com/home/headli...ice=tablet&c=y

A Jefferson County 8-year-old is dead and an 11-year-old is charged with first degree murder after a Saturday night shooting.

WHITE PINE (WVLT) -- “No mother should have to bury her baby,” Chasity Arwood said outside of her White Pine home Sunday. “No child should be around a gun.”

Arwood lives next to a home on Robin Road where 8-year-old McKayla Dyer died from a gunshot wound to the chest. An 11-year-old is charged with first degree murder for the killing.

Detectives found a 12-gauge shotgun and BB pistol at the scene. Neighbors said the death was a result of an argument over a puppy.

“The little boy had the bedroom window open, showing her the puppy,” Arwood said. “(He) asked the little girl if he could see her puppy. She laughed and giggled and said 'no.' Then turned and looked at her friend and said 'Let's go get the …' and never got the puppy out.

Neighbors said Dyer was a student at White Pine School. Grief counselors will be at the school Monday to help teachers and students cope.

Jefferson County Sheriff G.W. “Bud” McGoig said the shotgun belongs to the 11-year-old's father.

The juvenile is scheduled for a Monday court appearance, but because he is a minor, the doors are closed to the public.

It's a tough time for the small White Pine community.

“Trying to comfort a family that can't be comforted is extremely difficult,” Arwood said. “Especially when you're a mother.”

“As much as they've been hurt by this tragedy as everybody in the community has,” Sheriff McCoig said. We just ask you to bear with us and pray with us.”

Deleted
    I'm not even surprised. In fact I've come to expect this of America. I'm almost disappointed if there aren't 2 school shootings a year, and some child shooting another at least once a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    “The little boy had the bedroom window open, showing her the puppy,” Arwood said. “(He) asked the little girl if he could see her puppy. She laughed and giggled and said 'no.' Then turned and looked at her friend and said 'Let's go get the …' and never got the puppy out.
    I'm confused. Was the puppy his or hers?

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rbunn View Post
    I'm confused. Was the puppy his or hers?
    No joke, and apparently the boy is talking to someone too?

Quote Originally Posted by Suchaku View Post
    I'm not even surprised. In fact I've come to expect this of America. I'm almost disappointed if there aren't 2 school shootings a year, and some child shooting another at least once a year.
    i'm not saying you're wrong, but this isn't a gun issue. this is a "why the hell did a father leave his 12-gauge shotgun laying around with an 11 year old in the house" issue. chastise the parent, not the gun laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    This topic already has a thread. Does it need two?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Girl-Over-Dog

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suchaku View Post
    Sadly, there have been 21 school shootings in the USA this year alone, making the average over one and a half shootings every month, so you can up those expectations quite a bit without being hyperbolic.

10+ Year Old Account