Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that this explains everything.

Several of my 97% Missions failed, and more annoying is that on all those occasions, I always lost my ships. It's a stupid design, I hate it.

just need 1 more bonus mission for the captain title and then shipyard can go fuck itself right up its own dirty fucking shit smeared ass.

Whereas I'm going to keep doing Follower Missions until they're nerfed gold-wise, I look at being 'done' with the Shipyard since I've done all of the rare missions, and the gold isn't worth the trouble. That's just me though. I still check it occasionally to make sure blockades don't stockpile up before I need to do my raid mission. I'd check it even less if they didn't add the table right next to the follower one.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    I've got a couple of the Legendary missions to complete, I think, but when those are done I doubt I'll bother with the shipyard any longer.
    That's even worse than the destructible ships, imo, the fact that the whole thing becomes 100% useless once your ring is complete. The gold and apexis rewards are paltry, I guess there's the rare missions but they don't come up often enough to be worthwhile. Like why spend all this time and resources making the shipyard that becomes obsolete in the same patch?
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Still only doing it for the rare missions. Havent had luck with those yet.

Deleted
    I've lost like 4 ships in total since 6.1, it's not that much of a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ships should not be destroyable, period. At best, they should just be like followers... you fail a mission, they come back. What do you lose? Well, the two fucking days it took for them to fail that mission.

At WORST, they should suffer damage and require you to pay resources or oil to repair them before you can send them out again without losing your epic ship status.

Ships take a massive amount of time to level up and the amount of resources required to constantly outfit them is completely unfeasible.

And the weirdest thing is, they said they didn't want players min/maxing the shipyard. If that's the case, then why the fuck is there such a huge potential punishment for not doing that?

If they wanted players to have to min/max... the cost for the equipment should have been like... 50 garrison resources each. Not 500; literally 5% of your total potential resources for one piece of equipment. If they were going to leave it as something "optional..." well, the ships shouldn't blow up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If you're not expecting your ships to get destroyed you're playing the shipyard wrong.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's just a mechanism to prolong the duration of 6.2 patch, be it the legendary ring quest completion, the achievement completion or the min/max we got used to from the garrison mission table. I hate the rng of it, which means losing 2x epic ships at 97% missions and succeeding 42% misssions which were intentionally sent with mismatched ships and counters to have them destroyed. I hate the rng of my main with 700 naval missions having only one mission for the 3 (and 6, afterwards) rare naval mission achievement, while having 3 alts with far less total naval missions and 3/3 rares (one is also 4/6).

I stopped caring after farming for the murloc destroyer and then losing it on a 97% mission. Let the damn ships sink all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my toy boats love me or something, they refuse to break.

I've only lost 2 ships my entire run and somehow my first submarine despite being sent on some shaky fucking percentage missions refuses to bite it.

I don't have unbreakable on any of them.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I do find it a bit annoying but honestly it doesn't fucking matter.

The ship TYPE has the biggest weight to success chance the actual items to counter shit on it are very tiny. You can get 75%-85% just from having the correct kinds of shit with random ass items that don't counter anything and that is all you really need.

If you can get over the fact your missions won't have 100% success chance and get over the fact they are expendable and meaningless, you'll enjoy your shipyard a whole lot more.

The only time you should ever really go out of your way to try to get 100% success chance is on RARE missions like the ones that give heirloom rings or whatever (assuming you don't have it already). Rest of that shit doesn't even matter. Even if you fail a cache mission, you can send new ships after it as soon as it fails.

I enjoy my shipyard much more with the new outlook.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Complete loss of the ship is the worst part.
    I would rather it was taken out of commission and has a cost to reinstate/repair it.
    That way you can actually take a risk with very well rolled ships such as the murlocs (if I ever get those) and don't need to bother with that unsinkable mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I guess I've been extremely lucky with the Shipyard at least on my main. I've built 2 of each ship type, never optimized in any way, just put Unsinkable to each of them, while trying not to have multiple amounts of each ability type. I never cared at all about rolling for optimal crews and stuff. I've then finished my legendary quest Shipyard part with a breeze, I can almost always finish missions, even more difficult ones like "Try Evading This", which should be one of the more difficult ones right, at least it has tons of stuff to counter.

I don't often get any special missions like the HFC lootbox one but on generic missions I can finish them easily, I just don't engage in missions which are red on MasterPlan (or under 25% change of success).

Shipyard is the worst on alts, they are always so short on Oil (as I don't do Tanaan on them, might be why). Alts have like 100 Oil at best from Follower missions while main is sitting on 10k+ oil..
    If you dont have the mounts yet from the Hellbane rares, or the Medallions are worth selling then try killing those on your alts.
    That's 100 oil a time, with minimal investment in Tanaan.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-10-09 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

theres nothing to say about a totally useless, unthought, cheap facebook game stuff, made by some students at blizzard without any further thinking, and used as "content" in a 1 billion dollar cash cow game. there is really nothing to say...

I hope Blizzard realizes something very obvious yet apparently not obvious enough to whoever designed the "follower mission" system.

If you have a tiny chance to fail/have your ships destroyed, it leads to a feeling where you're angered if you do fail and simply relieved when you don't and overall just annoyed with the system for constantly giving you that feeling of "risk" in a fucking UI element.

Risk is fun. when you're in battle, in action, and your enemy is using a crucial spell you need to interrupt or shooting a wave of fire in your direction. Risk is not fun when you're clicking a button and waiting a few hours for a 94% chance of success and another chance in the case of failure that your "follower" is then destroyed.

It's frankly just shit poor design and games with much less MMORPG experience have come up with similar but much more fun and satisfying experiences.
    Last edited by Irian; 2015-10-09 at 12:19 PM.

Shipyard is dull & boring, and for the most part unrewarding.
    But making a new ship when one gets destroyed is cheap (50-150 oil + 50-100 GR), and takes 30-120min.

You *don't* have to level them, you *don't* have to equip them.

As Dasani pointed out above, most of the success chance is from counting the ship types, the rest is mostly irrelevant. If you happen to get some ship counters from troll ships or similar, yay or something.

But honestly, the moment you stop caring about the ships & just treat them as temporary throwaway crap, the better it feels, and you'll feel less bothered about losing a ship. Most of the missions have a 3 weeks timeout anyway, so spending 2 hours tops making a new ship isn't a big deal.

I got the 500 missions achieve on all 9 of my active chars so far, with highest being around 700 done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They do? 30 minutes to create and come immediately as rare. 4-8 missions and they are epic, but even as rare they do their job pretty well. Yes, missions take 8 hrs or 2 days...but it is send and forget..you don't actually sit there 2 days staring at the map, right? I'd say getting a follower that is common and at lv 90 to an epic 100...THAT takes a massive amount of time. But even that is...click, send..come back anytime and complete..click...send...etc
    Except you can consistently shorten the amount of time it takes to run follower missions with epic mount and things like mentor.

Leveling ships up takes longer because the missions are longer (you might not stare at the map, but you're still not doing anything with them,) the "easy" missions that are one ship each reward a mere pittance of experience (it's like, 500 xp) and you can still LOSE ships trying to level them up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They do? 30 minutes to create and come immediately as rare. 4-8 missions and they are epic, but even as rare they do their job pretty well. Yes, missions take 8 hrs or 2 days...but it is send and forget..you don't actually sit there 2 days staring at the map, right? I'd say getting a follower that is common and at lv 90 to an epic 100...THAT takes a massive amount of time. But even that is...click, send..come back anytime and complete..click...send...etc
    LOL. Harrison Jones and Mission completion Orders=Epic follower in minutes. No Orders? Matter of a day or two. Worth investing, since you don't actually lose followers. Having a Tauren Crew companion and spending mission completion orders for a ship it might just get destroyed is not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Auod View Post
    I made this thread just to vent. Destructible ships is fucking horseshit. Especially when the majority of missions are incredibly difficult to get 100%. Honestly, Blizz, not only do we have to deal with the bullshit mission failures on 97%. But then we deal with getting both of our epic ships destroyed? Well, fuck you too. Honestly, who thought this was a fucking good idea. And yes, I know about the unsinkable perk. But that means jack shit. Oh, yay, I can spend 500 resources for a 1-time buff? Joy. I'll probably use that once.

Seriously, if this is the way Blizzard is "improving" on garrison missions, then Legion is gonna fucking suck, because Blizz clearly understand nothing of player criticism and have no comprehension at all of what is actually fun. Fuck Shipyards.
    How old are you kid? Because this sounds like "give me instant gratification" crap. God forbid you aren't just handed something immediately and instead have to earn or take risks.

Ship destruction is and was a horrible idea, and I can't believe it still exists.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer