Question Possibility of Future Colonialism

In your opinion, will Colonialism once again show up in the world? Now that much of the world is developed and most countries no longer have colonies, but rather territories. I ask will another or multiple country(ies) conquer other countries in the close future?

Deleted
    It already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    It already have.
    Just Curious, but could you explain?

We're seeing the new colonialism now, indeed.

Colonialism is the province of civilizations that think what they've got is so good it's worth spreading around, so much so that it's even worth imposing. Once upon a time that was European Catholics and Protestants and the result was in large part what we now call the modern world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    We're seeing the new colonialism now, indeed.

Colonialism is the province of civilizations that think what they've got is so good it's worth spreading around, so much so that it's even worth imposing. Once upon a time that was European Catholics and Protestants and the result was in large part what we now call the modern world.
    not too bad if you ask me

Modern "colonialism" is nothing like the colonial era. I think people use that term to refer to global inequality and nationalistic power dynamics, which certainly exist, but are very different in nature to colonialism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    In your opinion, will Colonialism once again show up in the world? Now that much of the world is developed and most countries no longer have colonies, but rather territories. I ask will another or multiple country(ies) conquer other countries in the close future?
    Every country which uses dollar in transactions is in fact US colony.

Right now you can observe the new type of colonization - information colonization (human mind is treated like an old times slave in ancient Rome)

define colonialism?

There are big cultural and information wars going on nowadays, whichever culture is the most influential will likely prevail.
    Its not necessarily a bad thing.