Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've got no beef with the man,

I thought earlier on in TNG he was annoying but that was the point of him, I liked his character development into maturity but I thought the story line was butchered when he became a traveler or what ever shit they called it.

I enjoy his guest appearances on big bang theory I think he does a good role in it.

Not sure why this is a big issue with him joining Warcraft, then again when the whole Ross family joined it, it created a fairly big thing here in the uk, mainly because they all had to admit they had an addiction to it.

Deleted
    So who do you want to be a commentator then, oh great almighty nerds on MMO-C? Bill Gates? Stephen Hawking? Or maybe some actor who acted in some sci-fi/fantasy show and has absolutely no idea what actual story of his/her's series is in depth, because he/she doesn't give a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    So who do you want to be a commentator then, oh great almighty nerds on MMO-C? Bill Gates? Stephen Hawking? Or maybe some actor who acted in some sci-fi/fantasy show and has absolutely no idea what actual story of his/her's series is in depth, because he/she doesn't give a shit?
    You misunderstand, the internet is not for suggestions, but for complaints
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yeah, and Felicia Day has done so much stellar work as well - background character on the final season of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Apple, patient of the week on a a House episode, a Youtube series that most people who don't care about games or the gaming community will never watch, and...

Yep, that's quite the resume right there.
    They also both hate the people who like them.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    What do you mean? Do you think the warcraft fans support conservative political views? My guess would be that the vast majority of players are liberal.
    I've encountered about equal amounts from both sides. The primary difference between the two is the liberals won't shut up about it. Which is most likely what makes them seem more numerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yeah, and Felicia Day has done so much stellar work as well - background character on the final season of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Apple, patient of the week on a a House episode, a Youtube series that most people who don't care about games or the gaming community will never watch, and...

Yep, that's quite the resume right there.
    I liked her quite a bit in supernatural, but then I read some of her real life views and opinions.. And my instant reaction was "holy shit, this bitch is dumb".

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    If they got Frankie Boyle i would watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    If they got Frankie Boyle i would watch it.
    Nah man I'd rather have someone who has at least played WoW unless Boyle has. So someone like Day or hell even Hardwick again would be cool. But meh idm Wil and I doubt it will deviate me from the contests because I really wanna see something beat that Shek'zzer costume from last year.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god most of the people who play Blizzard games and go to Blizzcon aren't filled with rude ignorance present in this thread. Wheaton is a great emcee and an intelligent lover of nerd culture. He's making sure to get involved with the products so he can be genuine. Between him and Chris Hardwick, there's really no one else qualified to host a convention of that scope.

Despite what the 1% at MMO-C think, it was an excellent choice and I'm going to love watching his excitement and awkward nerdery host the event.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    His face annoys me, that is all.
    I had no idea who he was.
    Looked him up.
    I don't like him. He has a face you could punch and he seems like he'd be a real condescending asshole.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

What is SJW and what views exactly does he have that are so bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I like his work on Geek&Sundry, and I've seen way worse when it comes to shoehorning politics into his videos/comments. Gonna be interesting to see how it goes when he hosts the tournies =)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm not to keen on him as a person (though him having adopted pibbles is a plus), but I didn't mind him as much in his early days. lately he has adopted this horribly obnoxious fake voice whenever doing interviews and such. its like nails on chalkboard. that and he's generally obnoxious whenever he delves into anything political - which is ironic given his "don't be a dick" slogan he so loves to throw around

so... I do not feel sorry for him in a slightest.

as to who he is? a dude who figured out who to make a living off his nerdery. and no, he's not a fake nerd, he's just more of an old fashioned tabletop nerd.
    I agree with all my heart. I loath the man... the "Don't be a dick" thing....is 2 parts,"Don't be a dick....because I am the biggest dick in the room and I can stand competition...this is all I have." His smarmy, smug SJW social media bs is beyond irritating(just the shit I come across in other media...I can't get away from the conceited prick) ....the man famous for badly playing (I wont say acting...) a bad character on a show(Next Gen, I wont comment on Big Bang because I can't be bothered to watch it) ...is spouting his "worldly" view about how things should be according to him.

Otherwise I am sure he is a wonderful human,loving father and stand up caring human.

Well, as much as I find him slightly annoying and don't really follow him, I do have to give him props for having made an at least sustainable living out of being a geek.

You on the other hand are just an angry nerd posting on a message board and you don't get paid at all for it. Wheaton 1 you 0.

Chris Hardwick and now Wil Wheaton, urgh... another year of shit jokes and antidotes in a thinly veiled attempt to convince us they actually play the games and they're 'one of us'.

Is this what Blizzard thinks we can associate with; white middle aged man-children that some how ended up on the cool, socially acceptable side of geekdom?

Jay Mohr was a dick but still funny; especially when he became more self aware of his previous years performances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Thank god most of the people who play Blizzard games and go to Blizzcon aren't filled with rude ignorance present in this thread. Wheaton is a great emcee and an intelligent lover of nerd culture. He's making sure to get involved with the products so he can be genuine. Between him and Chris Hardwick, there's really no one else qualified to host a convention of that scope.

Despite what the 1% at MMO-C think, it was an excellent choice and I'm going to love watching his excitement and awkward nerdery host the event.
    I really like him as well. I don't understand all the negativity here, and I'm really starting to hate all of the extreme negativity that has been happening on these forums of late. It is really getting on my nerves.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing wrong with Wil Wheaton. i think he's pretty funny, although he pronounces GIF as JIF.

and this i cannot abide.
    Hi

He was a regular on Big Bang Theory... That means he's funny right?Right?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    nothing wrong with Wil Wheaton. i think he's pretty funny, although he pronounces GIF as JIF.
    and this i cannot abide.
    Both are correct. What's your point?

I really hated his character in Star Trek, like I hate any fucking child genius / savior character in anything, anywhere. But he's pretty funny poking fun at his career in BBT...

For his sake I hope he doesn't announce who he is in game. That would be like chumming the waters.