Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The only folks these days saying global warming isn't true are those basing it on their own personal brief with no actual scientific evidence to back themselves up with.

As far as the scientific community is concerned, whom actually study it, 97% of them agree global warming is real. This includes scientists from both political parties, including several who used to say it wasn't real, but have since changed their minds based on the evidence.

Source:
    http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Is it actually hy or hi or high?
    Looks like it was "hy-brasil", which was sinking. If you believe the hysterical media on the subject.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why is he questioning someone that isn't a scientist on the science?
    Because it's the only way he can "win".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjarah View Post
    Yeah but you can't always take titles for granted. Might look up the script to see how it was spelled in that.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

One of the problems with the internet is that with a quick Google search you can find a website backing up even the most outrageous of idiotic claims. But having an internet 'source' is not the same thing as publishing an article in a scientific journal and watching it survive years of peer review.

I challenge Ted Cruz or any of you that deny climate change to take a public tour of Jet Propulsion Labs in Pasadena California and go talk to the real climate scientists and try to stump them. You will fail miserably. But that's because you don't know what you are talking about, you merely search for things that support your made-up mind and believe them over the real objective science that Endus has linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with winning. Because they've already won. You see, that he's there at all to put his arrogant ignorance on display is their victory. That he is taken seriously at all, instead of just being patted on the head and shooed off to the kiddie table, is all the win those supporting cruz need.

Reality doesn't care whether cruz can process it or not. There is no comeuppance or epiphany or gotcha here. He, and others, is in the way until those who put him and keep him there decide he isn't. Then he will flip flop, change heart, whatever, or be replaced by someone who has.

Until they can't deny/ignore/stall/discount it, they will. What should actually piss off and even scare folks is what that "can't" may have to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah but you can't always take titles for granted. Might look up the script to see how it was spelled in that.
    True, but the point remains that that kind of people will challenge laymen on the topic of climate change, evolution or whatever and ignore the experts, because the experts would destroy them effortlessly. Then, efter the layman can't answer a question in a satisfactory manner or declines the challenge on the grounds of being underqualified, declare yourself the winner by default.

Typical strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but the point remains that that kind of people will challenge laymen on the topic of climate change, evolution or whatever and ignore the experts, because the experts would destroy them effortlessly. Then, efter the layman can't answer a question in a satisfactory manner or declines the challenge on the grounds of being underqualified, declare yourself the winner by default.

Typical strategy.
    Man my forum fu is off today. Meant that reply for Kujako. lol Replied to yours in the post after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arril View Post
    One of the problems with the internet is that with a quick Google search you can find a website backing up even the most outrageous of idiotic claims. But having an internet 'source' is not the same thing as publishing an article in a scientific journal and watching it survive years of peer review.

I challenge Ted Cruz or any of you that deny climate change to take a public tour of Jet Propulsion Labs in Pasadena California and go talk to the real climate scientists and try to stump them. You will fail miserably. But that's because you don't know what you are talking about, you merely search for things that support your made-up mind and believe them over the real objective science that Endus has linked.
    Yeah, well you can prove anything with facts, can't you? I find they tend to cloud my judgement. I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Yeah, well you can prove anything with facts, can't you? I find they tend to cloud my judgement. I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.
    You got me there. Any random person can prove things with facts. No challenge in that. It takes true talent to convince yourself and others to believe in a delusion.

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY

For anyone that may be in So Cal, JPL is opening their doors to the public this weekend. I can almost guarantee you'll learn something on one of their Tours. Amazing stuff is happening there. I recommend it highly.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/events/open-house.php

Honestly don't know how you do it Endus. It's the same people you're correcting every thread, it's almost as if they don't care about facts and just want to push an agenda.

Thank you for the perseverance.

OT: Well, that was a waste of time. An idiot arguing with a laymen. What were they expecting to accomplish?
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2015-10-09 at 05:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Then there is this.....

Short version: Sen. Ted Cruz asked the simplest of questions, and Sierra Club President Aaron Mair couldn’t answer them. Sierra Club president Aaron Mair even tells Cruz that the "the pause" refers to a period from the 1940's. Will he have credibility after this? What are your thoughts?

In my opinion if one is not prepared or cannot answer the simplest of questions to the Senate Judiciary subcommittee then you probably shouldn't be in that position.
    Please read and learn - http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astro...of_denial.html

Money quote:

Here is your modern GOP politician, folks. Deny, deny, deny, and when called on it, deny some more and accuse your opponent of what you yourself are doing.

Orwell couldn’t have written Cruz’s words any more concisely.

Cruz has an amazingly punchable face.

Deleted
    In Merriam-Webster, under the entry "smarmy" (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/smarmy), you'll find this:

That is awesome.