Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm not. i hope they bring back counter attack too.
    actually the only thing i don't like is the pull yourself towards the enemy, wish it was the reverse, like scorpion in mk :P

Deleted
    Why just don't give the hunter 4th spec and be done with it, or tallent that transform every current range spec into different mele spec

Quote Originally Posted by Mabon View Post
    Dude all I gotta say is, if your not raiding or doing dungeons. And MOST of what you do is solo then wtf does matter to you? You can literately play any spec and be just fine. I'm tired of all these cry babies bitching because they didn't get their own way when all they want to do is play the game solo in the first place. Its a fucken MMO the game isn't just about you its about the MILLIONS of other people the play too.
    I used to raid and pvp at a high level (server firsts, arena master, S4 glad, 9/9 gold MOP pushing for top times). Now I am more casual, but I sometimes get back into raiding/PVP with random groups .. when I feel like it. Regardless of that, even if I never would do any of that again, it doesn't mean nothing matters anymore. What kind of reasoning is that ?

What I do casually, I still do it in the best way that I can. I still push things to the max, whatever max that is given my skill, gear and state of class. Also, playstyle matters to me... to an extent. If I prefer the way a spec plays, I'll play it even if it's not the absolute best spec unless the difference is too big.

For example, when I went to Tanaan jungle when the last patch came out, I initially stuck with Survival regardless of the moronic nerfs because I liked it more than the long casts of MM, and the pet reliant BM spec. Unfortunately it was so bad compared to the other two specs that I was really gimping myself too much. So I had to switch to BM because while MM is better single target, its aoe sucks. It's the kind of stuff I'm talking about here. I know that BM will be in a bad place at some point in the next expansion and when that happens, I won't have the option of playing another spec with a pet. And I haven't even started talking about playstyles yet. I am not a huge fan of BM, even less of a fan of what they unveiled with dire beasts summoning which just sounds fucking awful.

Old raids soloing can be pretty competitive when you're going for world first too. There are plenty of valid ways to play this game solo. It's not because you don't care for the stuff that I do in game that it's worthless, and I can just play whatever and it doesn't matter... if anything, play style matters even more for casuals than people who are cutting edge. For cutting edge content, people will play whatever spec is best without caring about what they like the most. For me, I can accept a small DPS loss to play the spec I like the most given that it's not nerfed to hell.

Guys, please. It is a pure DPS class. You have 3 DPS spec options. Also, from the Legion class preview:

"And, as a note for those who enjoyed the previous version of Survival gameplay, we have moved certain abilities, such as Black Arrow and Lock and Load, to Marksmanship-specific talents."

MM is a SV/MM hybrid now. It will be a good time I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephisloth View Post
    Guys, please. It is a pure DPS class. You have 3 DPS spec options. Also, from the Legion class preview:

"And, as a note for those who enjoyed the previous version of Survival gameplay, we have moved certain abilities, such as Black Arrow and Lock and Load, to Marksmanship-specific talents."

MM is a SV/MM hybrid now. It will be a good time I promise.
    As I remember my "Survival" game play had a pet in it.

Deleted
    Marks should be sad if any as all 2 of the Surv abilities go to MM while we get an awesome meele hunter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad because I havnt ever really enjoyed BM, always found it to be boring and uninvolved having your pet do so much of the work.
    I will however give the new surv a try during the prepatch before I pass judgment but I've never done well as melee unless tanking.
    As for mm being petless, I'm one of those hunters that goes for lone wolf in a raid setting, when questing in love having a pet with me so I hope they can make bm more engaging for me so I can lvl with it and not be bored the whole time