Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Dude the funny thing is that everyone is linking CNN. Who?

CNN

Talking about extreme propaganda right here. Not even RT has fell so low.
    CNN at least has the benefit of still being an independent source, consider that RT is absolutely just as bad, if not worse, because it is strictly a state-funded and supported Russian network. It's a mouthpiece for official propaganda. CNN is 'merely' biased. Not that that's better, strictly speaking, but... at least it's not sanctioned and funded by the government. Full disclosure, I don't read CNN because CNN is shit. I get the vast majority of my world news from BBC and Al-Jazeera.

This proxy war is getting insane each passing minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    CNN at least has the benefit of still being an independent source, consider that RT is absolutely just as bad, if not worse, because it is strictly a state-funded and supported Russian network. It's a mouthpiece for official propaganda. CNN is 'merely' biased. Not that that's better, strictly speaking, but... at least it's not sanctioned and funded by the government. Full disclosure, I don't read CNN because CNN is shit. I get the vast majority of my world news from BBC and Al-Jazeera.
    Sadly enough, while CNN may be independent, its journalists and reporters are not really independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The very definition of how propaganda works is what happened with these missiles:

Step 1: Get a site to write a story and source a source that can not be verified.
    Step 2: Get a shiton of other sites to source the original site who uses sources that can not be confirmed
    Step 3: Get even more sites to source the step 2 sites who sourced the original site in step 1 whose sources can not be verified.

As for the CNN being independent, please.

These news are beyond sad and are in the Joke phase. If Pentagon wanted they could come out in a official speech or something or on their website, say what they want to say and provide radar readings etc. AKA make their case.

For even more validity a NATO claim would be even better.
    Last edited by Ulmita; 2015-10-09 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The very definition of how propaganda works is what happened with these missiles:

Step 1: Get a site to write a story and source a source that can not be verified.
    Step 2: Get a shiton of other sites to source the original site who uses sources that can not be confirmed
    Step 3: Get even more sites to source the step 2 sites who sourced the original site in step 1 whose sources can not be verified.

Or...

How to run a business:

- Make a sensationalist claim.
    - Get site hits.
    - ????????
    - Make money.

These news are beyond sad and are in the Joke phase. If Pentagon wanted they could come out in a official speech or something or on their website, say what they want to say and provide radar readings etc. AKA make their case.

For even more validity a NATO claim would be even better.
    More my point that if CNN didn't want to report on something, they could at the very least choose not to do so. RT is for all intents and purposes an RSS feed of Russian Government press releases.

People hate America so much that they get pissy at the role reversal here. The russians are now the imperialists and America gets to nag at them at every fuck up they make just like Russia has done (rightfully so) for the last 14 years. Now the US gets to nag at Russias fuck ups and people scream "propoganda war." I just think it's funny how many people hate the US when it has had no affect on their lives. I completely agree with the Russian goal in Syria and I also think they will be much more effective at fighting these barbarians because unlike the US, they give fuck all about collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    People hate America so much that they get pissy at the role reversal here. The russians are now the imperialists and America gets to nag at them at every fuck up they make just like Russia has done (rightfully so) for the last 14 years. Now the US gets to nag at Russias fuck ups and people scream "propoganda war." I just think it's funny how many people hate the US when it has had no affect on their lives. I completely agree with the Russian goal in Syria and I also think they will be much more effective at fighting these barbarians because unlike the US, they give fuck all about collateral damage.
    Sorry, has the pentagon made an official statement about it? What the heck are you on dude? This is so obvious bs that is painful to read these comments.

State Department spokesman John Kirby said that he couldn’t confirm CNN’s report, according to Reuters. Not to mention Russia has video of all the cruise missiles hitting their targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    This 1000 times. This is propaganda at its best. You either provide proof and your name behind the claim or you shut the heck up because you look like a jester, clown, moron. Also, Iran declined such event.

Lastly, there is a thread about Russian war in Syria.

- - - Updated - - -

That "shitty hardware" has no counter.

Also, look at the US superior missiles in action:

http://www.military.com/video/forces.../661842630001/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsl8Sk_itXU (SM-2 Block IIIA)
    The missile in question is as easy to counter as the Tomahawk, both are sub-sonic non-stealth cruise missiles.

The missile launched from the USS The Sullivans was old (25 years old), and funny thing about solid fuel rockets, as they age the motors sometimes crack. That's why the USN uses the old missiles for training and new missiles for combat (until the new missiles are used then the old ones are used for combat).

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this :. Russian news is fine but US news isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Man this :. Russian news is fine but US news isn't?
    I loved the one time, way back then when, when Ulmita said Reuters was shit, but would constantly post it.

This made me chuckle as it reminded me of several of our posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The fall of the [Berlin] wall was a mistake. Germans are becoming too dangerous again. Their action in Ukraine show that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I loved the one time, way back then when, when Ulmita said Reuters was shit, but would constantly post it.
    It is still is. Nowhere near objective. It heavily favors west

Edit: Scratch that. It's purely pro western.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is still is. Nowhere near objective. It heavily favors west

Edit: Scratch that. It's purely pro western.
    Good thing we have unbiased sources like the Russian and Iranian governments to give us accurate information!

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Good thing we have unbiased sources like the Russian and Iranian governments to give us accurate information!
    And the American are!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said many times that current Russian weaponry is total shite. People didn't agree with me. Well, look at this: they cannot even hit the right country territory. Refurbished rusty machines from 70-s just don't cut it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Now there's news stories about one of the cruise missiles taking out a herd of cows... I guess the media is gonna milk this for all it's worth. I'd just about steak my life on it.

I like how it takes about all of 10 seconds to go "nope" when reading these dumb propaganda bullshit lies 'news' stories now. From both sides that is.

Sure, the vast majority of people lap it up, but its still funny just how blatantly fucking obvious it is.

They might has well have said the source was "a figure standing at the edge of a shadow down a dark alley. After telling us this 'news' he then proceeded to walk backwards before disappearing into the night"

Just hilariously fucking dumb.

Deleted
    So far, still no proof?