Deleted

shoud I get a powerline adapter or not?

I have problem with internet signal last days because we moved the router to another place so that everyone have a better signal besides me..I was using a cable before to connect but now I should only use a wireless usb,so I tried one but the connection was bad and I took it off.I was thinking to buy a powerline adapter from devolo dLAN® 550 duo+,the problem is that im not sure if its good for our health or if its going to work well.My last idea is to take a cable inside the house but it wouldnt be nice for everyone else to see a cable when they are walking around.

Do you guys use a powerline and what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc6cbd52b395; 2015-10-08 at 11:18 PM.

I'm not sure what you mean by good for your health. You're exposed to radiation all day every day. Wifi signals, cell phones, everything electronic.

Deleted
    well if its going to be more bad for our health..something like that!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    How old is the house? I live in a home that is only 14 years old and the electrical work was shoddy as hell. Every time someone turned on the TV, my power line signal would go from 200 MB transfer speeds to 10 because the power being drawn from the entertainment center was using up most of the electricity and my power line box was hooked up in the same room on a different outlet. I know that the wiring is suspect because if you turn on a blow dryer in the master bathroom, the lights in the other bedrooms dim.

I wound up going with an Asus AC56 dual band wireless adapter which gives my desktop better wifi reception than my Note 2 phone or my tablet. It's fast as hell and I never lose my signal.

Edit: Wifi signals are not bad for your health, that is a misnomer made up by some old ladies trying to get something banned when there isn't enough evidence to suggest that it is harmful.

Deleted
    OH..then I may have the same problems you had!I dont know what to do with my internet..I have a ps4 in the room and the connection with the wifi is not the best,thats why I dont know if I should buy a wireless usb.

Quote Originally Posted by AperfectCircle View Post
    OH..then I may have the same problems you had!I dont know what to do with my internet..I have a ps4 in the room and the connection with the wifi is not the best,thats why I dont know if I should buy a wireless usb.
    If you own the house you can always run cables.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get a range extender, plug it in a wall in between your room and the router, they are generally just plug and play so it will connect to your network and it will amplify your signal.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to use a 50 foot Ethernet cable. Routed it as much behind stuff as possible, we just covered it with a non-intrusively colored tape and all was swell.

Now I'm on the same floor as the router, so it's no longer an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though I've not heard anything particularly bad about power-line adapters. Especially the radiation stuff and whatever... just gotta make sure your house's electrical system can handle it, I believe.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used powerline adapters in an old home and worked fine. The only real requirement is that you are in the same electrical circuit group (both ends), then you will never loose speed, even in old homes.

There is no extra or very very little radiation from powerline adapters if you buy a decent one. Don't buy a cheap one. if I can find mine again, I'll give you the details, but I know mine was a Netline.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    well if its going to be more bad for our health..something like that!
    Anytime electricity passes through a wire it generates a magnetic field. That's pretty much all that happens in terms of health, and the Earth generates a huge magnetic field that effects your compass. You get more unhealthy stuff from cosmic rays.