... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    http://keepvid.com/

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    wanna fix the problem?
    Fucking provide TV a-la-carte service.

Let the people pick the channels they actually really want. for a $1.00 per channel, and you will remain relevant for lot longer.
    About 20-25 years ago I worked for Ameritech, was a regional bell company that became AT&T. Back in the late 80s early 90s they were talking about a-la-carte cable services being the way forward. Skip ahead 20-25 years and we still are not there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was it millennials using napster in their cribs?
    lol... good point..

It certainly wasn't the millennials that used Napster.. It's been the generations before them, starting with the baby boomers, who used Napster, happily.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

So now, me and my sister(who lives 200 miles away) are stealing because we share 1 Netflix account. Naw. We are with in the terms of use, so its not stealing. Whats killing Cable tv is an antiquated revenue model. NO ONE wants to waste 1/4 of their viewing time watching shitty commercials. Blame yourself Big TV guys, you do not get it. You are the dinosaur, and the internet is the meteor. You need to adapt, or die.

People are turning away from cable because it is overpriced and filled with intrusive adds. As if its just the one generation. My parents are boomers, they have dropped cable, citing price and ads as well as the ease of using netflix type services.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

It's 2015 and people are still SO fucking stupid that they don't realize piracy is Copyright Infringement, thus a civil matter and not a criminal one.
    You can't STEAL something by copying it. You can only steal when you have the INTENT of deprive someone of whatever it is you steal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    TV needs to go with the times or it'll go the way of the dodo.
    ^ Really we just need to abolish the entire TV industry and start over with an internet-based media industry: it doesn't mean you can't still have subscription models, but broadcasting over airwaves is so archaic it's almost steampunk.

The future is light, fibreoptics, and internet. Everything that is not the internet is outdated.
    One good thing that I see with TV is weekly episodes. Yes, I absolutely see that as a good thing. However, with Amazon and Netflix and all those things, the weekly episode schedule is dying. You'll get one binge per year, maybe per year and a half. That's not fun. I mean, you'll either binge them all, or people will spoil shit for you. It'll screw with your own schedule; having too much shit to watch. Then you won't even enjoy it as much anymore. Also, there'll be nothing to look forward to. Ever. The next season will be so far away that you'll just forget about it and move on to something else.

If the weekly episode -system was kept around, then who cares where the content comes from. As long as there's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Why do that when they can litter the paid service with ads
    Spotify doesn't. Pay them and the ads go away. Seems logical. More to the point is the non-instancing of logins. Single allowed logins makes a product work fine. If I login to Hulu or NetFlix, and my friend can log in at the same time. That's a bad system. Its like if I could log into wow. and then my friend could log in with my account and play my other characters. It would be ridiculous.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheOriginal View Post
    It's 2015 and people are still SO fucking stupid that they don't realize piracy is Copyright Infringement, thus a civil matter and not a criminal one.
    You can't STEAL something by copying it. You can only steal when you have the INTENT of deprive someone of whatever it is you steal.
    Laws like the DMCA made it criminal in many cases.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Spotify doesn't. Pay them and the ads go away. Seems logical. More to the point is the non-instancing of logins. Single allowed logins makes a product work fine. If I login to Hulu or NetFlix, and my friend can log in at the same time. That's a bad system. Its like if I could log into wow. and then my friend could log in with my account and play my other characters. It would be ridiculous.
    I was talking about TV, not Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    I disagree. My netflix account is for 4 screens, I pay extra to share those 2 screens. I do not see anything wrong with that.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole sharing passwords thing is akin to stealing. They also believe in not paying for videogames, music and movies too. This generation is full of nothing but thieves in that regard. Though they don't view it that way, which says a lot.

Though that has absolutely nothing to do with cable TV dying. Though not that it entirely matters, they've been shifting Cable TV costs to Cable Internet for awhile now. Hell most cable companies have penalties for not having Cable TV, I think its around $15 extra a month for a lot of companies.

CableCo is out of control anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    About 20-25 years ago I worked for Ameritech, was a regional bell company that became AT&T. Back in the late 80s early 90s they were talking about a-la-carte cable services being the way forward. Skip ahead 20-25 years and we still are not there.
    Big companies like that seem to be afraid of change. They'd rather keep the "easy" money by not changing anything than taking a gamble. And with the right idea at the right time you can become so filthy stinking rich, it'll take more than one wife to spend it all.

Instead, those big companies feel content to sail slowly into obsolesence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Netflix allows sharing with up to five friends, Hulu throws a fit if you use two devices at the same time. I also use SLING which has the same one device limitation. But still better then Comcast cable.
    We just don't watch the same stuff at the same time. We're pretty coordinated at this point.

I use Netflix to binge watch old shows while Hulu keeps me pretty up to date on the current stuff.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Preferably they should adapt. My parents bought a digital box at loyalty discount with their new TV shortly before I moved out and I literally scrolled through at least a hundred channels over and over and never found something interesting to watch except animal planet(occasionally) and cartoons.

Commercials every 15 and 20 minutes is the work of satan. Most channels have commercials 5 minutes in. A third of your time spent watching toothpaste and soap commercials.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing TV offers that internet doesn't is Disney Jr for my daughter.

ala carte TV isn't ever happening because of ESPN.

Also, I share all kinds of subscription services I pay for. It's not stealing if a company is expressly allowing me to share it, and even if they don't, it's no different than the person coming into my house and watching it on my TV.

The industry needs to evolve or die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    I am so sorry its a really catchy song too =C
    who would block it ?

Honestly I thought this article was going to be about piracy, but I see it's even funnier than that. I can't help but take this article as a jokes, and sit here and think "These morons just don't get it." - The morons being cable companies.

The reason their business is declining is because, quite frankly, the current generations are getting sick of their bullshit, and we actually know how to get around it. If their service wasn't crap, then that would be another thing. But it is, it's overpriced, doesn't work right, has ridiculous added charges for stupid shit, I could write a book. I hate our cable TV service that my parents get. If it were my money, I would tell Charter to shove it up their ass. Frankly, my mom almost has.

If they want their service to be worth it, they need to actually get with the picture. We've had almost nothing but problems with these cable companies. Now they actually start adding bandwidth caps in places. Seriously?

People sharing netflix isn't their issue, it's their shitty service, lack of flexibility (you either have to buy the shit package with hardly any channels and maybe one or two you care about, or (LOLSUPERMEGA) package with everything you don't care about and the four or five channels you do... and have fun shelling out hundreds for it)

Ugh...

> Make your service WORK, not crap out randomly, which ours does at charter all the time.
    > Make your service affordable, and flexible. EG: a la carte channel selection where I can pay for what I actually want.
    > Make the thing DIGITAL and ONLINE so I can watch it on all of my devices, without some stupid bullshit restrictions. Basically, make it be able to run on my computer, tablet, and phone just like it does on the TV, but with a better more modern interface and easier channel finding.
    > Find a way to get contracts with all the different networks, so you actually have all the shows I care about on it. I don't know what these stupid studios are thinking, I don't want to get Netflix + 6 different studio's netflix clones because their stuff is on it but nowhere else.

This industry scapegoats too much. If they can't get that we are SICK OF THEM because of their attitude, service, and horrible pricing options, then I hope they die. Shit industry that's way past it's time IMO.
    Last edited by Coreinsanity; 2015-10-09 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    I am so sorry its a really catchy song too =C
    who would block it ?
    Universal Music Group is the current owner of Island records, and is a subsidiary of Vivendi.

Vivendi, being dicks about copyright, who woulda thunk it?

Edit - or is it now NBCUniversal? Fuck knows who owns who and who is a subsidiary of what now..... I think Comcast now owns these rights?
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2015-10-09 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. Wallstreet is mad because no one wants to steal cable?