Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I think Molyneux's own ineptitude happened. I don't think he's very good at managing game projects, and it tends to show in the final product.
    I remember the Fable 3 previews where he was raving about reducing the gameplay to one button combat like it was a beneficial, revolutionary idea and the rest of the team looked super uncomfortable about it. Then you get the game which has a piss poor story and becomes real estate manager 1215 and the gameplay just gets worse and basil faulty tells you about microtransactions.

i still go back to the original every year or so, like black and white its aged but still holds the test of time. I got the 3rd again free on 360 as a digital download one christmas and its worse everytime i try and revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Peter Molyneux pioneered the false hype management in video game industry. Thats what happened.
    Loving this. I remember Peters Dev talks months befor Fabel 1 was released and wow was he talking shit, like 90% of the game features didnt make it to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    One was pretty good. When the extended version came out I thought "well, another 20 won't hurt." Hated the redubbing of Jack.

When 2 came out I was exited, then I played it. >.> All you're armor is just cosmetic clothing, you have this shitty dog that you have to use, you have to charge your spells to select which one to use, the second person you meet is a blind woman in red with a name one letter off from your sister in the first one, but she's not her. I had to put it down after playing it for an hour. Watched my brother go through it to the end and holy crap did it suck!

Three was even worst! Still no armor, had to teleport to a room to manage the world and everything else, freaking crappy road of ascension was crap, Peter Molyneux lied his ass off about ruling after the ending!

Then some crappy Kinex game where all you do is move your hand in the air. WTF!?!

Now it's some Moba style game.....

It's like these people don't have a clue about why the first one was good or that there was even a first one! I promise you if they released a Fable that was exactly the same style as the first with new/more stuff in it it would be a hit.

But after all of this I refuse to buy another Lionhead game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are certainly innovating in the Fable franchise(Changing the type of gameplay that is). Fable I was great. Combat was fun, very reactive and fair. You did age too fast to my liking though. The lore/storyline was interesting albeit perhaps not long enough. Side quest stuff was fun but not totally related to what you do overall in the Fable universe.

I liked the Morality system and how it changed your physical appearance depending on how you acted. That was really cool and it had a very KOTR feel to it but with Fantasy.

Fable II starts a bit slow but the environments and lore is still great. Combat is great as always. I do like the pet animal but I'm and always still nervous about it due to me losing an pet dog several years ago so I'm very sensitive(Not trigger sensitive but my feels go up high) to it. I enjoyed the real estate minigame and I think that should be a staple in Fable going forward(If we ever get another Fable game).

I'm not fond of the whole massive time jump. I feel like it loses the whole theme of Fantasy and all *Heroes* being gone? That sucks but whatevs.

Fable III... time jump again bad. Visually impressive but everything is mostly solid but the revolution if I look at it it's decent. Not totally amazing but decent. Slightly underwhelming.

Tbh I think Fable should go back to the time period in the original fable and increase the scale to make it interesting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only played Fable 2 and Fable 3, I enjoyed the ever living shit out of Fable 2 but 3 left a very salty taste in my mouth. Fable 3 was just awful in so many ways, I wish I could list it all out but I can only remember my utter disgust for it though it has been awhile.

With that said I enjoyed Fable 2's story, the locations, and even buying all the properties and setting the taxes to max so I could hoard all the money in the land. What really stood out to me was the Pirate city or whatever it was called, that place was pretty cool... What they really need to do with the franchise is set it back to somewhere around Fable 1/2 time period or maybe even before Fable 1 and make it an open world adventure. There's so much potential for it but I have a feeling they don't have the funding for such a game like Bethesda does for Elder Scrolls and Fallout, I mean fuck their entire company is based off of huge open world games.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Fix't that for you.

No but seriously I have never and will never understand the hate that Fable 2 gets.
    The characters in 2 were really....really boring with the exception of Reaver.