Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Fuck no. Please no. At least get someone of Polynesian descent to do it.

Especially after the flop that was F4-2.

Daniel Logan could still EASILY play an older/younger Boba.
    they dont want the kid to be boba, they want to kill the kid off because no one likes him.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont know why this is such a confusing concept for people to grasp. nobody is talking about changing the race of jango fetts dumb clone. theyre just gonna kill off the lame kid. thats all.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they dont want the kid to be boba, they want to kill the kid off because no one likes him.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont know why this is such a confusing concept for people to grasp. nobody is talking about changing the race of jango fetts dumb clone. theyre just gonna kill off the lame kid. thats all.
    Then it wouldn't be Boba Fett. Why would you kill off a Character to replace him with Another character just to call him the same name.

Boba Fett isn't a fucking Title, it is a Name. the Fett's are a huge name in Star Wars Lore that date back to the Old Republic times.

Manu Bennett could easily play it aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there is no proof that was boba, boba fetts face was never shown in the original trilogy
    The Clone Wars. IT HAS ENTIRE EPISODES ABOUT BOBA FETT.

If you don't even know the fucking lore of a IP don't try to argue it.

yeah, i'd rather they not kill off the fett bloodline.

i'd rather they just kinda tell the story of that guy that pretended to be fett for a while, before fett comes back and kills him.

Then it wouldn't be Boba Fett. Why would you kill off a Character to replace him with Another character just to call him the same name..
    what part of no one likes the lame kid do you not understand? also, no it doesnt, because old republic is legends canon not official canon.

we know nothing about jango fetts origins.

disney doesnt like the prequels, they arent using midichlorians they want the force to be magic and mystical again, theyre using as little cgi as possible, and theyre downplaying jedi and sith by having light and dark force users who dont belong to either side.

and they dont like that kid. yeah he showed up in clone wars and acted like a whiny little brat so what? thats exactly the reasons they dont like him.

kids gonna get his arse whooped and his armor taken, then for whatever reason disney comes up with he'll probably pretend to be boba fett. maybe hes on the run, maybe hes undercover, maybe he just wanted to start over who knows.

theyve been reworking this movie over and over again, maybe disney will find a way to make that shitty kid interesting, but as of now they dont want him and almost anything to do with the prequels in their movies.

tbh if it wasnt for the clone wars disney probably wouldve scrapped the prequels as no one there is a fan of them. theyve got people in their lore circle like simon pegg who have openly and pubicly touted their disgust of the prequels.

they want the people who loved the original trilogy to say "star wars is finally back"

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing that is canon for star wars is the prequels, the clone wars, rebels, the original trilogy, the new battlefront game, and the books and comics marvel is currently releasing.

old republic and all of the legends extended universe is non canon.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i just want some sith purebloods in the movie canon, it's too cool of a race to not have them.

and i would seriously love to watch naga sadow make a star go supernova on the big screen.
    Absolutely. I would love that as well. What I really want though is for them to make an Old Republic or Jedi and Sith origin trilogy after 7,8, and 9 and not just a one off stand alone movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    i realize there are people like this, but i just don't get it. i give zero fucks about something like that, and don't know how i ever could.
    There's 10 pages of people giving reasons here. Just because it isn't important to you doesn't mean it shouldn't be important to others.

Again, it's not a title being passed down, but a case of stolen identity. Presumably, whoever kills the "real" Boba Fett, wants to be known as Boba Fett instead of whoever-he-really-is.

Do you all not know what identity theft is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Again, it's not a title being passed down, but a case of stolen identity. Presumably, whoever kills the "real" Boba Fett, wants to be known as Boba Fett instead of whoever-he-really-is.

Is this your opinion on how you think it is, or is this canonical information the source of which can be found somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Is this your opinion on how you think it is, or is this canonical information the source of which can be found somewhere?
    its what ive heard from people in the know. admittedly im not as crazy about star wars as i am about marvel and honestly star wars stuff is way harder to find. so its less reliable then my marvel stuff but everyone ive talked to said thats what theyve been planning to do.

then again, as ive said earlier this movie has been looked at over and over, they dont really know what to do with a fett movie. theyre worried they'll screw it up. so whatever the plan is now may not be the plan for long.

If Boba Fett, Son of Jango, is so bad, why would anyone steal his identity? If his identity has any value, it would have to be after some length of time of him doing things. And I think folks would notice if the guy had changed race at some point...

I'm all for making Boba Fett cool again, but the issue with this is that they're trying to change the story to justify some actor. There's nothing stopping them from using the prequel kid (and I hated Jango more than anyone, trust me) and just doing a better story! Boba Fett wasn't who he was because he was the "son" of Jango Fett, he had a career of ups and downs (theoretically).

- - - Updated - - -

Manu Bennett could easily play it aswell.
    I could definetly see that. If not him, a similar actor that can pull off the gruff bounty hunter role and has some presence.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

ya know, boba's gonna be a hero in battlefront, and temuera voices him in battlefront.

so if boba's a part of ANY of the new trilogy based maps, then that means temuera will be at least voicing him in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    If Boba Fett, Son of Jango, is so bad, why would anyone steal his identity? If his identity has any value, it would have to be after some length of time of him doing things. And I think folks would notice if the guy had changed race at some point...

I'm all for making Boba Fett cool again, but the issue with this is that they're trying to change the story to justify some actor. There's nothing stopping them from using the prequel kid (and I hated Jango more than anyone, trust me) and just doing a better story! Boba Fett wasn't who he was because he was the "son" of Jango Fett, he had a career of ups and downs (theoretically).

- - - Updated - - -

I could definetly see that. If not him, a similar actor that can pull off the gruff bounty hunter role and has some presence.
    I don't think anyone argued that Boba Fett the character was bad, just the little kid actor who played him. Jango was kind of wooden as well. And if the imposter Fett never took off his helmet - gg, no one would ever know he's an imposter, as long as he can impersonate the voice.

I don't think anyone argued that Boba Fett the character was bad, just the little kid actor who played him. Jango was kind of wooden as well. And if the imposter Fett never took off his helmet - gg, no one would ever know he's an imposter, as long as he can impersonate the voice.
    what they needed to do was give jango more backstory than just being the template for the clone army, a mandalorian, and the "father" of boba.

there was a game about jango fett called "star wars: bounty hunter" and it gave him some backstory, but i doubt it's canon, and we know none of the expanded universe backstory for him is. so if they do any backstory movies, it should have been jango.

tbh, i'd like for the bounty hunter game to be canon, he takes down a dark jedi and kills a krayt dragon, it's be one hell of an intense movie. also scary, there's a part of the bounty hunter game i was always terrified of, where you fight the creatures that the dark jedi has under her control. they would be scary as hell.

I don't think anyone argued that Boba Fett the character was bad, just the little kid actor who played him.
    That's sort of the point though, that child actor isn't a child anymore, and the acting in the prequels (even from established actors) is not a good example of what any of the actors could do, so inventing a reason to replace the character with someone totally different doesn't really seem needed.

Deleted
    I know that the EU isn't canon, but since nobody seems to want to link a canon source for this "Boba Fett's imposter" -idea, I need to use the EU to discuss this. Are you people talking about Jodo Kast?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jodo_Kast

He's an established character already, as well. EU, sure, but again, where in the canon is it mentioned that Boba wasn't Boba?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I know that the EU isn't canon, but since nobody seems to want to link a canon source for this "Boba Fett's imposter" -idea, I need to use the EU to discuss this. Are you people talking about Jodo Kast?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jodo_Kast

He's an established character already, as well. EU, sure, but again, where in the canon is it mentioned that Boba wasn't Boba?
    It ISN'T mentioned in the movie, it's just being presented as an idea for what to do in the potential new movie. As Imm has put forward, the folks in charge of SW think the Prequel added bad elements, so they are ignoring/rebooting what they dislike. They hated the Prequel Fetts, so one potential way to deal with it is the "Boba Fett isn't a person, but an identity, that's what's important".

It's discussion about a movie years off that isn't finalized, and all this news really seems like something the former director had linked to, and probably has no impact on what will actually happen (if anything happens!). The same director decided MBJ had to be the Human Torch too, so the elements seem similar.

Take away the mystery of Boba Fett by making a movie about him. Mystery is the only reason he's cool.