Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Under normal circumstances you will never hit the same temps you hit stress testing. Remember, the stress test is quite literally maxing out ALL of your cores. WoW will max out ONE core and the others may be doing a couple things, but nowhere near maxed out. Also, I am pretty sure the max temp on that CPU is 105C. As long as you are staying stable at 4.2 I would push it a little further, just to see how far you can get, then dial it back .1 or .2.
    Hmmm. So I can stress test still with a higher overclock? I know Prime95 is kind of overkill. I think AIDA64 is much better.
    I don't see much of a dent in my FPS in WoW though. I thought overclocking would help me with getting a higher setting for anti-aliasing like maybe SSAA or something (I have everything on Ultra except shadows, which is High) but my FPS drops like crazy to like 30 or even 2 FPS when I switch to that. The garrisons (both Alliance and Horde) and Shadowmoon Valley dip my FPS down to 40 or sometimes 38 FPS and I have MSAA at 4x/4x with CMAA currently. I wish I could get 60 FPS constantly but I think I need a new video card instead of overclocking my CPU to achieve that. Or maybe I can overclock my video card but I don't think I know how to do unless anyone can guide me to the sources... Or maybe I'll just google it and see what I can find =).

EDIT:

Just found that with MSAA 8x/16x with CMAA, I can similar FPS. So I think I will settle for that setting but I definitely want to up my FPS somehow so I'll try overclocking my video card, which I have never done before.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2015-10-15 at 11:44 AM.