Deleted

Healing tonics or Shieldtronic Shields?

Well yeah it would be awesome if you guys could share arguements of which is best to use during competitive raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shields are only useful if there are specific moments of reliable damage, which there's often not. By which I mean: you could use it in anticipation of damage, and then you take none at all, so it was wasted and when you do actually need it later on, it's unusable.

Tonics, on the other hand, can be used in reaction to damage that has already taken place, and can bring you back from the edge to save the precious few seconds needed for a healer to cast a spell and heal you up. If you're quick to use them when they're needed, and not waste them when you're in no threat of dying w/o instant healing, they are definitely more effective.

Shields are very situational, imo, and I never found a use for them. Any point that it might be acceptable to use one, a tonic did the job just as well, if not better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shieldtronic Shields are very useful on Tyrant Velhari (HFC) in Phase 2 when your Maximum HP gets capped at a certain percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnar View Post
    Shieldtronic Shields are very useful on Tyrant Velhari (HFC) in Phase 2 when your Maximum HP gets capped at a certain percentage.
    We use them in Phase 3. But yes, depending on what your healers want very useful for that fight in particular.

I don't see why you would choose tonic over shieldtronic. I thought it should be clear why absorbs are better than heals by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I don't see why you would choose tonic over shieldtronic. I thought it should be clear why absorbs are better than heals by now.
    Because if you are at 10% hp you might aswell use the tonic so healers dont panic heal you over someone else because they don't see you got an absorb for one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Because if you are at 10% hp you might aswell use the tonic so healers dont panic heal you over someone else because they don't see you got an absorb for one.
    In standard UI you see Shields and i hope the raid interface addons do the same....

Quote Originally Posted by dabone View Post
    In standard UI you see Shields and i hope the raid interface addons do the same....
    Standard UI shield tracking is horrible, anyway TLDR: both has got its uses depending on teh situation, ergo I got both.