Deleted

Anybody else suffered sciatica?

And what did you do relieve the pain?

10+ Year Old Account
    I damaged my sciatic nerve in a climbing accident. I felt that swimming was the most effective therapy for me. Swimming everyday for an hour. After 14 months I was mostly pain-free. Long-term it was about training and building muscles to take pressure off the nerve.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I've tried nerve flossing with very limited success, but we're not 100% sure it's sciatica.

Deleted
    No I don't think so.

In that club too. Popped a disc and had it pinch a nerve till it caused damage.

Not too much relief here. But the doctors tell me I will be in pain and my leg dead weight til the day I die.

But swimming helps some and forcing myself to exercise hurts like hell, but it does make it a little easier to deal with overall.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Naw I just don't have medical problems instead.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Naw I just don't have medical problems instead.
    Yeah, because it's super easy to just never be sick.

I don't know I have some serious cronic pain issues, but what I have done is figured out what helps with the pain and I try to do that as often as I can.

When I can keep that up, I don't end up in chronic pain all the time. Sometimes I miss a day and its absolute hell. Figure out what works and do it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So far I've tried nerve flossing with very limited success, but we're not 100% sure it's sciatica.
    When you say they're not sure it's sciatica, do you mean they're not sure what the source of the sciatica is? Or that they're not sure the pain you have is sciatica? I had a discectomy for a L4/L5 herniation about 2 years ago and the sciatica pain was gone immediately. I guess only an MRI would tell you for sure where it's coming from though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    When you say they're not sure it's sciatica, do you mean they're not sure what the source of the sciatica is? Or that they're not sure the pain you have is sciatica? I had a discectomy for a L4/L5 herniation about 2 years ago and the sciatica pain was gone immediately. I guess only an MRI would tell you for sure where it's coming from though.
    Dunno. We think it's sciatica. Whatever it is, it doesn't prevent me from barbell squatting hundreds of pounds. I just have a constant tingle in the ball of my right foot and pain in my ass cheek, right hamstring, and the sensation of an ice cube pressed up against the left side of my right ankle. Sometimes I get some serious pain in my ankle, foot, and calf, but it's transitory.

Dunno. We think it's sciatica. Whatever it is, it doesn't prevent me from barbell squatting hundreds of pounds. I just have a constant tingle in the ball of my right foot and pain in my ass cheek, right hamstring, and the sensation of an ice cube pressed up against the left side of my right ankle. Sometimes I get some serious pain in my ankle, foot, and calf, but it's transitory.
    Yea I had all of those symptoms that got progressively worse over probably 12 years from a degenerative disc. It became more and more difficult to find relief and there were fewer and fewer positions I could get into that didn't cause tremendous pain. The most pain immediately prior to surgery was in my right ass cheek and upper thigh. I wanted to scream just having to hold still for the MRI. I wish that over the years I had been a little more focused on stretching an exercising, but I would go through periods where it would feel better for a few months, so I'd stop stretching.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Weed works! Im not talking about taking bluntz to the face, but take a hit or 2 from a bowl and it does the trick.

If you have no had surgery, speak to your doctor or therapist about an inversion table. Yes it really works. Miracles in fact for many with herniated discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Mainly I just use way too much paracetamol to help the pain. Also taking brisk walks or running daily seems to make the pain go away. I also try to stretch my lower back by hanging from monkey bars or something.

I don't have the pain that often though, only after I've been forced to stand up for long periods of time. The left buttock and back of my thigh feel like there is a weak electric current going through it and it keeps cramping. Currently I've had a pain episode going on for like 12 days, it's getting better though. I think mine is caused by my left leg being like 2-3 cm shorter than my right leg, so my pelvis is in fucked up position if I'm just standing straight.
    You will fry your liver.

Go buy this. That is good bang for your bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Ironman-Gravit...s&pageNumber=2

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep had it and it's not something is wish on most. I have mostly tried physical therapy methods which are really Meh! Although the last few months over the warmer weather seems to have made it go away, maybe it's being more active that's helped it go away. I've heard it can go either way. Rest or more activity 50/50 best I know of.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a doctor, but have suffered with sciatica in the past. Your symptoms do not sound like it is sciatica, but rather a nerve issue in the hip itself. Sciatica is a more closer to the spinal column at the base of the lower back and the pain will be on one side of in that area. Squatting can put a lot of pressure on the knees and hips. It may build strong upper leg muscles, but it does come with a higher risk of the type of issues you are having.

I hurt my back bobsledding with my kids down a steep hill. I do a series of yoga type exercises which have helped more than anything. Too many doctors mainly want to pump you up with drugs. The most important one and endorsed by a back surgeon is taking the fencer's stance and then rocking slowly forward and backward, changing each bent leg for the forward one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should try taking Magnesium supplements which are known to help heal nerve damage like Sciatica. Also helps to take in high amounts of vitamins and maybe even Pterostilbene and Resveratrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    If you have no had surgery, speak to your doctor or therapist about an inversion table. Yes it really works. Miracles in fact for many with herniated discs.
    It's weird that these have kinda gone out of style as treatment. They used to be a lot more common. Even the things you used to put on doors before they started building them so flimsy and people started getting so fat.

Deleted
    Mines due to scoliosis - currently on Diazepam

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That'd fry my wallet. I still stay within the daily dosage suggestions, but I might use it for prolonged periods of time which is the part I think isn't that good for me.
    Disc damage can become permanent easily. Thats not even going into the damage to your liver from pills.

The table is a wise investment. Look on craigs list at least for one.