10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    What a little dickface. He's so unlikable, almost as bad as Kobe.
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't like Curry.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm naming my firstborn son (Due in a few months) after Kobe Bryant.

I was strongly considering Eli but Kobe won out.
    A-aren't you white. Not that Kobe is necessarily a black name but...

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I didn't get my picks in for round 2 so I'm basically disqualified but if I had to go back and pick I'd say CLE/GS/SAS/TOR would make it.
    The thing is, almost everyone else chose those teams so...records matter a lot to differentiate winners.

-----

Curry unanimously named MVP. First time ever. Closest was Lebron in like 2012 but some guy picked Melo because he was worth more to the bitch ass Knicks.

Curry is pretty gr8.

Tonight at 8 is OKC @ SAS.

Cleveland is chilling waiting for Miami or Toronto. Everyone else is playing.

Why is everyone all over Curry? I saw last night's OT period, the defense played on him was atrocious. Lillard is a shit defender, I literally could have kept a hand in front of Curry better than he did. The guy was like 2-12 and playing like shit before OT when I guess the Blazers defense just got tired out.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    People hate properly contextualizing stuff. That said, this is still an incredible time to watch basketball. Curry is nuts.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Responding to Allerius.

---

Hi Toronto.

https://twitter.com/NBA_Skits/status/728805978922225664

Ball movement is a thing.
    Last edited by jregz; 2016-05-10 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spurs really lost 2 at home this series after only leasing 1 game at home all season. Crazy.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thunder give Spurs a lot of trouble

Since 2011-2012, for both regular season and postseason:
    Against Thunder: 16-19 (0.457)
    Against Miami (2011-2014): 9-8 (0.529)
    Against Clippers: 17-12 (0.586)
    Everyone Else: 284-73 (0.796)
    Last edited by jregz; 2016-05-11 at 03:15 AM.

Yeah....it's not looking good for the Spurs. If OKC wins, which I think they will, it'll be a total upset. Spurs were looking absolutely amazing this season. It'll be a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Sonics... I mean Okc... yawn, bring back the SuperSonics.

Spurs getting killed by the refs... Can't believe this team might lose to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Do you watch basketball? The guy just missed a month, came back into the playoffs against a really good back court and in two in a half quarters was his MVP self. Also no, you could not have kept a hand in his face better then they could have.
    I do watch basketball. I also try to actually think about it instead of just looking at basic stats (wow 17 points in OT? must be GOAT). Curry is a shooter. You don't lose your muscle memory in a couple weeks of being off (also not a month). He had a minor injury where he wasn't even out a round and didn't need surgery or anything. His game doesn't rely on athleticism but on his shooting stroke which isn't affected much by a minor injury. So no, I'm not impressed with how he managed to return to his previous level of play after being out for 2 weeks.

And really good backcourt? Are you kidding? Lillard has Harden level defense. It's a total joke and it's why he doesn't make all-NBA teams despite putting up good offensive numbers. Portland was the 20th ranked team in defensive efficiency, the fucking KNICKS played better defense than portland. And especially in that OT period, Lillard would get screened and they wouldn't go over it or switch and then Curry shot a WIDE OPEN three multiple times. If you actually watched the defense being played against Curry instead of fantasizing about him you would notice that. I can go over a screen or at least tell my teammate to switch to not let godam Curry shoot open threes, so yeah I could have played better defense than Lillard did in that period.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    I do watch basketball. I also try to actually think about it instead of just looking at basic stats (wow 17 points in OT? must be GOAT). Curry is a shooter. You don't lose your muscle memory in a couple weeks of being off (also not a month). He had a minor injury where he wasn't even out a round and didn't need surgery or anything. His game doesn't rely on athleticism but on his shooting stroke which isn't affected much by a minor injury. So no, I'm not impressed with how he managed to return to his previous level of play after being out for 2 weeks.

And really good backcourt? Are you kidding? Lillard has Harden level defense. It's a total joke and it's why he doesn't make all-NBA teams despite putting up good offensive numbers. Portland was the 20th ranked team in defensive efficiency, the fucking KNICKS played better defense than portland. And especially in that OT period, Lillard would get screened and they wouldn't go over it or switch and then Curry shot a WIDE OPEN three multiple times. If you actually watched the defense being played against Curry instead of fantasizing about him you would notice that. I can go over a screen or at least tell my teammate to switch to not let godam Curry shoot open threes, so yeah I could have played better defense than Lillard did in that period.
    You sound like a raving lunatic.

17 points in OT actually is the GOAT in both the postseason and regular season. It's more than the Blazers as a whole scored in that same OT period. In fact it's more than both the Raptors and Heat scored combined in their OT.

What sports do you play. I can tell you I definitely get rusty at my skill shots and serves in tennis after 2 weeks of inactivity and that's not counting a slight loss in conditioning. When I try to do hard intervals on my bike after 2 weeks off the saddle? Yep, my wattage goes down. Curry's knee might be mostly pain free, but it is still weak and will remain weak into the next series. Curry has an injury history and his lack of injury over the past couple of seasons is because of rigorous lower body strength training. Curry is agile and acrobatic. Do I need to link the clip of him figuratively breaking CP3's ankles and melting his brain simultaneously?

Curry wide open? Yeah he looks open because his release is so quick and he takes shots from farther out than anyone else. Every team has to cover more ground when playing Curry.

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-05-12 at 05:34 AM.

Dame is my favorite player and yeah, his defense is shit. Him and CJ can't hang with Curry, they need to Beverly it up and play Steph very physically, and get him out of his comfort zone - they don't even do that. Alternatively, Curry doesn't play defense either, but team-wise, they are least do a better drop rotating over (cuz Green is a floor general, that's what Izzo teaches), so that's why those guys hit gaps and generate turnovers - similar to what Miami did with Bron and Wade.

That's the bad part, all the best point guards bar Wall and Irving are in the west, so Dame can average a crisp 25ppg for the season, but the opposing PG will also be in the 20s. Fuck, CP was averaging something like 26 and 12 (he is the GOAT pg though), but still. Dame and my blazers feel disrespected by not being named an all-star, well play some fucking defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    SAS what are you doing? staph

15+ Year Old Account
    I do watch basketball. I also try to actually think about it instead of just looking at basic stats (wow 17 points in OT? must be GOAT).
    Ok, then think about this. He scored 17 points. In 5 minutes. There are only 23 players in the ENTIRE LEAGUE who average 17 points in a whole game. You may say "LOL HE R SHOOTER SO WUT?!", but 17 points in 1 quarter, especially an overtime period, is impressive no matter who you are.

Not that any stat will matter to you, you obviously just don't like the guy for some reason. And that's cool. No one has to like anyone, but at least just be honest instead of trying to make it seem like he just isn't that good.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    17 points in OT is definitely impressive but you also can't ignore Lillard's awful defense as a contributing factor. He's been a negative on the box score defensively in virtually every regular season and post season he's ever played.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    17 points in OT is definitely impressive but you also can't ignore Lillard's awful defense as a contributing factor. He's been a negative on the box score defensively in virtually every regular season and post season he's ever played.
    Oh yeah, Lillard's awful on D. And maybe a lock-down defender would have held him to 10. Or 5. Or 0. We'll never know. What we do know is that no player has really shut Curry down so there's no reason to think the outcome would have been any different against any other team.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Curry just set the record for most points in an OT. He doesn't do this every time OT happens. Obviously what-if scenarios suck but I'd bet against Curry doing it opposite someone who knows how to play defence.

San Antonio can now only win in 7:
    12/13 people picked SA.
    0/13 picked SA in 7.
    1/13 (Ractoh) picked OKC.
    He also picked OKC in 7.

If OKC wins Racthoh will have predicted something no one else did. Huge lead for him if so.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The last two minutes there ... fucking embarrassing.