Poll: Would you want to be hot or cold

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Cold, definitely. As others said, you can always put on more or thicker clothing, but there's only so much you can take off.

Beyond that, I find cold a motivator... once you get moving and doing things, you stop noticing it because your body can take care of itself. You generate heat, and it becomes your ally. You have a built-in reason to keep moving and keep going. On hot days? You get going, you get active... and you have to monitor yourself. Your body tries to take care of itself, but you're still generating heat, and now it's your enemy. Every so often you have to stop, not because you want to, but because heat stroke is something to toy around with.

heat i can handle i hate winter here in ny i rather sweat alittle then freeze my nuts off
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Always hot.

1, You can stay out late comfortably. I live in Spain, warm months mean terraces, drinks, concerts, late night sports good ol' timey fun.

2, I really don't like wearing many layers of clothes. Especially not socks, underwear, jackets, sweaters or whatnot.

3, Girls don't overdress either.

4, Pools, beaches, lakes etc. WATER.

As long as you stay hydrated and don't decide to spend too much time in the sun if you are one of them pale northerners who toasts in seconds (like I am), heat won't harm you, you can always do refreshing things.

Cold equals: flu seasons, too much clothes, impossibility of keeping your car clean, uncomfortable staying out too long, no outdoors events, no parades, concerts or open air cinemas etc.

People always complain about the weather no matter what. But this is why heat is better:

-OMFG it's so hot today, I can't stand this shit! So later on we are going to the pool/having some cold Mojitos on a terrace in the shade/we 'll go to the beach for the weekend.

-OMFG it's so cold and rainy/snowy today! This is unbearable. I'll just stay inside.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2015-10-13 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cold, all the way, even though I struggle with both already.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Cold because I am a walking blast furnace.

i hate the cold. hate it.

but... i would choose cold. because i like to wear my big coat, and snuggle under my blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    In whose world does 21-25C qualify as hot?
    Norway's

Most ppl call cold. That's not surprising, we are on a forum for people with no real life who just shut themselves in for most of the day after all.

Hot, more time to spend with friends at the lake /awesome.

I'd probably die 20 deaths a day if I would move somewhere where it's always 35°C for the first 2 weeks, but then I would get used to it and love it. But permanent winter means more snow, more issues, less daylight and 20 layers of clothing everytime you step outside. You can't shrug -20°C off by getting used to it, you can get used to 35-40°C though. A lot of drinking, some sun screen. Anything above 40°C gets complicated, but not as complicated as under < - 20°C.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Most ppl call cold. That's not surprising, we are on a forum for people with no real life who just shut themselves in for most of the day after all.

Hot, more time to spend with friends at the lake /awesome.
    Lol, in your dreams. The more likely scenario is that most of us are the mustard rice and thus lives in the north.

Personally i choose cold, because Denmark is easely the most beautiful country on earth, when it have a thick layer of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Always hot.

1, You can stay out late comfortably. I live in Spain, warm months mean terraces, drinks, concerts, late night sports good ol' timey fun.

2, I really don't like wearing many layers of clothes. Especially not socks, underwear, jackets, sweaters or whatnot.

3, Girls don't overdress either.

4, Pools, beaches, lakes etc. WATER.

As long as you stay hydrated and don't decide to spend too much time in the sun if you are one of them pale northerners who toasts in seconds (like I am), heat won't harm you, you can always do refreshing things.

Cold equals: flu seasons, too much clothes, impossibility of keeping your car clean, uncomfortable staying out too long, no outdoors events, no parades, concerts or open air cinemas etc.

People always complain about the weather no matter what. But this is why heat is better:

-OMFG it's so hot today, I can't stand this shit! So later on we are going to the pool/having some cold Mojitos on a terrace in the shade/we 'll go to the beach for the weekend.

-OMFG it's so cold and rainy/snowy today! This is unbearable. I'll just stay inside.
    Also this so much.

Maybe Northern Germany ain't the place to be. You got some place for me in Spain? <3

Cold is in general better... can rug up as much as you want.

Can only get so naked before people complain when it's hot haha.