Poll: Would you continue to subscribe if the sub fee was increased to $17.99 per month?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Monthly Sub Fee Increase?

Hi MMO-C!

I'm fresh off a recent ban and I have had a question that i've been meaning to ask for quite awhile.

Would you continue to subscribe to this wonderful game if they increase the sub fee price to $17.99 per month?

Simple question. All USD converted to your country currency of course.

My simple answer. Yes. Yes I would definitely stay subscribed even if the sub fee went up to $30 per month.

/discuss

Blizzard would have to be crazy to increase the fee after what WoD did to subscriber numbers.

After 3 years of you bitching about how bad the game is it is laughable that you now have flipped so hard for a garbage expansion and spout of this nonsense. Blizzard would effectively be killing WoW if they spiked the subscription costs a single cent. Thanks to the token I have floating 36 month subscription bubble, so this wouldn't directly impact me. There wouldn't be anybody left to play the game with though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say maybe, as I am currently off WoW gaming until Legion (or it's beta) arrives.
    Personally, I cannot see why people keep nagging on $15 a month (sorry for not being an American (refers to the money value, if it is correct or not. Not that I dislike our American mods or anything)) if they play the game they like. Sure, everything is not up to taste, heck, I for one hate PvP in WoW and honestly believe it should've been kept in certain areas within a zone at most, like Gurubashi Arena.

As long as they bring content for the money (in case of story/dungeons/PvP), then I don't mind throwing some more at them for producing such. Then again, I am currently not subscribed and I will be such for at least quite some time.

They are more likely to go the F2P route and impose numerous micro-transactions into the game, than they are to increase the monthly price.

That said, its times like these where I realize that no matter how many times I get banned from MMOchamp forums I can always have hope in returning, because that is literally what Jaylock does on a daily basis.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    After 3 years of you bitching about how bad the game is it is laughable that you now have flipped so hard for a garbage expansion and spout of this nonsense. Blizzard would effectively be killing WoW if they spiked the subscription costs a single cent. Thanks to the token I have floating 36 month subscription bubble, so this wouldn't directly impact me. There wouldn't be anybody left to play the game with though.
    If the increase in price means they will be able to produce more meaningful content and bring a higher quality to the game, then im all for it.

I'm going to generous and continue as if this isn't a troll post.
    In truth it doesn't matter as they won't raise the sub price. Not with so many other MMOs going to the F2P design.

Wow would better profit from a $9.95 decrease overall then to bump it another $2.00.

I don't foresee it going in that direction. Though it'd be interesting to see if anyone would resub if they lowered the sub fee. Probably not enough to offset the loss. I do know lowering the sub fee would frustrate players who bought WoW tokens well in advance.

Great way to put the final nail in the coffin of a game which is currently rushing headlong to a "management only" F2P state.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Great way to put the final nail in the coffin of a game which is currently rushing headlong to a "management only" F2P state.
    wow will never drop below 2M subs
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    wow will never drop below 2M subs
    Agreed. In fact, i think with legion we will see over 12M subs again. Might even break the sub record.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Agreed. In fact, i think with legion we will see over 12M subs again. Might even break the sub record.
    IF the beta is good of course.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion has to be very very good for me to stay subscribed then

LOL.
    this thread is funny.
    I believe WoW will drop below 3 million subscribers and under 500 thousand active players before legion is released.

Personally im out of things to do in the game, around 18k or something achievements, several alts maxed, damn near 200 mounts, etc.
    I'm not willing to pay $15/mo anymore thanks to tokens, and lack of content. The only way i would pay cash for a monthly sub, atleast at this moment, is if it was reduced to $5/mo.

Im stricken with disbelief how people are still engaged in WoW, its out of content, completely, i could have just as much fun replaying the original halo repeatedly thousands of times.

Edit: Im guessing legion will have a massive spike in subs, however if it is as bad or worse than WoD, WoW's subscriptions would likely drop many times faster than they did in WoD.
    Expansions have a diminishing return, people will return but for less time each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    this wonderful game .... increase the sub fee price
    hahaha you made my day

No I wouldn't. WoW in it's current state is not worth more money. I'm not even paying the $15 a month right now because WoD is too horrible, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    LOL.
    this thread is funny.
    I believe WoW will drop below 3 million subscribers and under 500 thousand active players before legion is released.

Personally im out of things to do in the game, around 18k or something achievements, several alts maxed, damn near 200 mounts, etc.
    I'm not willing to pay $15/mo anymore thanks to tokens, and lack of content. The only way i would pay cash for a monthly sub, atleast at this moment, is if it was reduced to $5/mo.

Im stricken with disbelief how people are still engaged in WoW, its out of content, completely, i could have just as much fun replaying the original halo repeatedly thousands of times.
    Then what are you even playing at this present time? No other game comes close to WoW in replayability and enjoyment. I certainly love the game, it went through a rough patch with Mists of panda, but now that panda bears and asian themes are no longer current, its back in a much better state.

Blizzard did increase the sub price in the UK from 8.99 pounds to 9.99 pounds last year.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolution73 View Post
    I'm going to generous and continue as if this isn't a troll post.
    In truth it doesn't matter as they won't raise the sub price. Not with so many other MMOs going to the F2P design.
    Pretty much.

F2P games are killing WoW at the moment. Sure, none are as big as WoW by itself. It's really more of a "death by a thousand cuts" scenario.

$15 a month just to be able to play /w option to pay to look good

v.s.

free base game with the option to pay for more convenience and to look good
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...