Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Main problem with that game was the padding. And that the last boss was rushed because THQ needed the money asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Because the game was basically new Soul Reaver without its charm and with some pointless RPG elements. And Soul Reaver is dead because its gameplay seems super outdated now.
    "Outdated"? In what way?

Deleted
    I liked it and it's improvements over the 1st one for the technical improvements, but lorewise it just didn't do it for me. It was really a bit of a filler story-wise and didn't bring the story any further than to the end of Darsiders 1 (or atleast that's how i understood it).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This.

It was very much the RE6 situation, where the company blew a ton of money on the game and had unreasonable expectations for how well it would sell. THQ blew a ton on marketing it (kinda like they did with Homefront...which bombed infinitely harder, but it was also bloody awful), despite it not really being at the point where the franchise was ready to sell 3-4 million copies per game.

Basically, game was fine, THQ was being THQ.
    For me, the game was far less compelling than the first one. I do mean by miles. Whether that's due to the 'want to be Soul Reaver, but missing the point by miles' kind of thing (which arguably the SR sequels did just as much). I played, maybe, 6 to 10 hours before just going 'meh' and never looking at it again.

Story, action, camera (PC), atmosphere, I don't know. It wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't a game that pulled me in. The first one did that much better.

Deleted
    Reason why Darksiders 2 failed was due to the fact that it was sold on a online service called "Onlive" customers could borrow the game for 3 days for £3.99 and play instantly, which gave customers the time to finish the game within the 3 day period whilst paying so cheaply which was bad for the darksider's company.

Onlive service now went bankrupt, since no other publisher after that wanted to give onlive a chance. Heres your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Basically, game was fine, THQ was being THQ.
    This.

Game itself wasn't bad, i enjoyed it a lot.

Rom for improvement? Hell yeah, first of all the crap loot/gear/talent system which was basically useless and out of place. Darksiders 1 was perfect in a sense it was more like a Zelda game in a post-apocalyptic environment. Darksiders 2 had just to expand the concept with more dungeons, bosses, and story overall to be a great game.

But the ended going towards the "inster all rpg elements here" route, which imho was simply useless in that kind of game.

Other than that, art stye was awesome, as were animations and all the stuff.

I'm actually sad the franchise bombed with THQ since it was a great story game, and the complete cycle would ahve been awesome.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Imo Darksiders 2 was a great game i liked it . But based on a couple friends opinion D2 had an RPG style that the first didnt had and also RPG elements doesnt suit that game .

I've not played D1, only D2 and I really liked that game. Was so good with a mix of puzzle, RPG and story. Simply awesome!

Did not know it failed, for me it didn't but if it did globally, that make me sad :/
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

It was definitely underrated....dunno why it got so much hate. If it was an EA or Activision game it would've gotten mostly 8's at the very least. It definitely had flaws (boring loot and got a bit tedious near the end), but the amount of content in the game was pretty impressive and combat was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not sure why people are saying Darksiders is Diablo-esque. The loot system in 2 leans VERY slightly that way, but both 1 and 2 were very much more like the 3D Zelda games, with a more brawler-y combat system.

Darksiders 2 did well enough, it just wasn't enough to right the sinking THQ ship. If THQ hadn't been facing massive issues outside of Darksiders 2, then its performance would've been good enough to continue with the series.
    Thats how i felt about Darksiders a mature Zelda whit the artstyle of Spawn/Warhammer 40k but the story is a bit Diablo like.
    Anyway its a shame that this IP died whit Warhammer 40k DoW THANKS THQ !

But no idea what happen to THQ they had great IPs like Dawn of War 1 that sold over 7 million copys but hey lets make DoW 2 6 years later and mix this great RTS whit a Moba.

Main problem with that game was the padding. And that the last boss was rushed because THQ needed the money asap.
    Yeah in Darksiders 1 the last Boss felt also rushed and not polished enough but Darksiders 2 had many great bossbattle so the last one was hard to top.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2015-10-14 at 02:04 AM.

-Retarded inventory/equipment system. Why do you make this big system for weapons/armor when the only time i use something other than the scythes is for like 2-3 combos? The system just felt completely out of place for the armor system. Why do you push all these fucking stats on me when there was no need for them in the first place?!?

-The game dragged on for waay too long. I like lenghty games when they're done right, but honestly the game just dragged on for way too long. By the time i hit the heaven/hell key places i thought the game was done. Most of the quests/areas felt kinda boring aswell, but there were some exceptions. Big props to the devs for making the fight with the winged demon from the first game awesome (i forgot his name, the dude with the upside down wings).

-The main character was kinda meh. War was awesome in the first game, he actually felt like one of the four horsemen. Death on the other hand was just kinda...bland. He just seemed so dull and boring compared to war.

Other than that i can't remember any other glaring problems. The awful pc port was one thing, but that really wasn't an issue with the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i think darksiders 1 and 2 could have been much better as a linear action game without backtracking, loot and farming.

i love the first one but i never collected the best armor and weapons. it feels pointless in a singe player game. i want fun and story. the style and feel of the games is top notch but i cant be arsed to collect stuff.

and i know soul reaver had all that but it had an even better story to carry it. the shitty inventory and console menues is another thing. it should not be that hard to do such a thing right ...

Deleted
    Failed? Never heard anyone say that. The people that like that genre, I have only heard good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Failed? no, not at all, was a good game, but could've been much much better if they actually polished their item system and the combat a wee bit more, the music tho, oh god i love the music from that game.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35