Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard reaches out to top streamers, says "Hey you wanna maybe get more subs and/or followers? Wanna stream OVERWATCH???"

some decline. "Nah I really can't get behind it. Nothing personal but its not my style of game"

others accept. "Yeah, that'd be cool, really a fan of where the game is and I personally can't wait to stream it all the time"

Two get chosen by Blizzard to be the first ones outside Blizzard that get to play Beta.

I'm looking for the problem here but I just can't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Highly doubt it's the last Starcraft game since they can easily go Starcraft 3 with a brand new story or a Starcraft MMO but guess I'll have to wait till Blizzcon to hear more on it.
    It highly likely won't be the last one, but I doubt a new one will come soon. What they'll discuss at Blizzcon is the continued support for Legacy in the years to come. A ladder overhaul has already been confirmed to be discussed and released in the near future. Team 1 will probably stay split between post-launch support and Heroes of the Storm for a while.

wow! third dlc in a row with hunters!

welcome to the class with the most positive and negative effects..

Deleted
    So.

No new WoW news, haven't been any real news in weeks...why do I even bother..

Interesting presentation by Pardo. A lot of the points he lays out make a lot of sense. I have great memories of playing board games, card games, console multiplayer, online pc multiplayer games and ofc the occasional physical sports. These are the things that stay around with you.

I'd love design a multiplayer video game myself some day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I might sound stupid, harsh etc but. Rob Pardo at some points just telling an lies. As far i agree in part about gross games, in fact i do not agree with that multiplayer is the future.

Maybe i was an old school gamer? Possible. Maybe i am more asocial gamer? That's for sure. But i still prefer old good classics like AoE2, Warcraft 2 and many others. Why? Because this old games, today by many considered as crap, is for most people childhood. Don't get me wrong, but who don't played here Sim City 3000? AoE2? Warcraft 2? Or even Quake 3 Arena? Newer games it's look are created only for profits for companies like EA etc. Than for fun.
    Except that you mentioned old classics as your favorites to back your skepticism. AAA single player games are likely to be very costly to develop; with compelling multiplayer, there is strong replay value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'd say you forgot the "kappa," but it's already your avatar.

Hey, looks like someone just started watching the One-Punch Man anime.

I assume you're talking about Winston, the talking gorilla? Because the second episode of OPM has a cyborg gorilla as one of the mooks that gets beaten up? Well, just so you know, intelligent / robot gorilla is already a pretty common trope. Optimus Primal, Kriegaffe, hell, Gorilla Grodd has been in the Marvel universe since the 1950s.

You do realize that OPM is primarily a parody of existing anime, manga, and comic books, right?

I don't think I can think of a single other character from the OPM series that resembles anyone from Overwatch, anyway.
    Talking Gorilla trope always reminds me first about F.L.U.F.F.I. from Bionic Six and Magilla Gorilla. Just adding to your examples.

Movies and TV allow you to have a deeper emotional connection to the characters and story, as well as visualize things more vividly than books.
    Wow, I'm flabbergasted at the lack of imagination this man admits to.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    And again, as always with blizzard, the "popular streamers" (eg lowlives) are allowed early access playthroughs of their games. Streamers who have jack shit to do with the blizzard universe as well.
    This is plain sad, i knew that Overwacht is just another F2P copy of TF2 but apparently it also targets the 12 year old audience from Twitch and youtube let's plays.

I'll pass on that.
    Yeah "early access" from Blizzard HQ.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Overwatch beta finally (it's closer than you think, at last year's Blizzcon...that was funny Blizz). What I've seen of it makes me think it'll suffer the same issues I started to feel in the Star Wars Battlefront beta. The main issue with Battlefront was the game was fun as a very casual fps if I just wanted to pick it up and frag for a while, but it didn't seem deep enough strategically or in player customization to keep my attention for long. What I've seen of Overwatch looks like it will be very similar from a gameplay standpoint to SW Battlefront even though the settings and art style are different. So I'll need to see something more under the surface that makes it more than than just a simple TF2 clone.

Pardo seriously asked why developers aren't making more multiplayer games? I guess the view from inside the industry really is just waaay different... because from where I'm standing it looks like devs have forced virtually every single player franchise I've loved into 'a social experience.'

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    So.

No new WoW news, haven't been any real news in weeks...why do I even bother..
    ...You're right. Why do you bother? Cared enough to make a pointless comment I guess?

Great stream time. Looks like blizzard wants to cater to you unemployed leeches

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Great stream time. Looks like blizzard wants to cater to you unemployed leeches
    Or perhaps the majority of their playerbase lives OUTSIDE of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Talking Gorilla trope always reminds me first about F.L.U.F.F.I. from Bionic Six and Magilla Gorilla. Just adding to your examples.
    Seeing the gorilla made me think of Planet of the Apes and the mecha gorilla from Strider (after OPM was brought up). While OPM is the best anime this season (well, not much of a competition there anyway), there are enough other sources to be the influce for such a character. To come up with something not used anywhere before is near impossible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I like how he doesn't even mention that multiplayer aspects completely fuck over playing a game solo. Just look at D3 where you can grind enormously more efficient in groups, or BL2 where you pretty much can't even reach the max difficulty solo, unless you cheese and glitch. Bullshit 0 value presentation.
    Baited hook line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    Wow already revealing more over watch. More and more blizzcon is becoming pointless, and as a long time blizzard fan it sickens me to watch them going away from awesome big story games to these pathetic empty F2p money pits. I better enjoy legacy of the void it's probably the last Starcraft game and probably last actual launch game blizzard will probably do for awhile.
    ... already...?

Do you mean because you think they talk about it too much, or because it was revealed so far in advance of Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    And again, as always with blizzard, the "popular streamers" (eg lowlives) are allowed early access playthroughs of their games. Streamers who have jack shit to do with the blizzard universe as well.
    This is plain sad, i knew that Overwacht is just another F2P copy of TF2 but apparently it also targets the 12 year old audience from Twitch and youtube let's plays.

I'll pass on that.
    I'm just wondering what the hell is the purpose of letting streamers stream a F2P game? It's utterly pointless, it doesn't stress test the system, it's practically no fun watching someone cry about losing a game which they are playing. Why even bother. Overwatch is just smite with FPS aspects in FPV.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do watch lots of stream while playing games, and I honestly haven't heard of those 2 streamers before.

Anyway looking forward to watch some Overwatch gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    Baited hook line and sinker.
    Baited by his presentation? wtf are you talking about.

Agree completely with Rob Pardo. The best types of games are multiplayer games, and multiplayer games have the potential to provide the greatest gaming experiences.

Too bad that virtually all multiplayer games these days suck and are mostly pay-for-advantage.

Deleted
    why Ellohime? thats so random.