Why I'm not a fan of large raid instances

My guild isn't the best, but we're 9/13M. But it just takes so long to go through farm content.. At least for my guild it does. It could take us anywhere from 1 to 2 nights of our raid to kill farm.. Whether it be because we for some reason get stuck on a boss we already killed or we are just not fast enough killing farm content. That leaves us with 1 night to do new things, unless we save the lockout.. Which then people who need loot from earlier bosses are shit out of luck that week.

I think an 8 to 10 boss instance is a good number. If Blizzard is too worried about people clearing it way too fast, then why not just make the fights harder?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why they added lockout extensions and the ability to skip bosses. Your raid has a lot of flexibility regarding how much you farm each week

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you need to look at what is causing people to wipe on "farm" fights? In raid, there are several areas were you can cut down on time wasted. For instance, when a wipe is called, do people quickly suicide themselves so the fight can restart or do people drag it out? After a boss is down'd, do people who don't need loot move forward (and assuming there's enough of them) work on the trash that leads to the next boss while the loot interested people work on loot?

Do people come prepared to raid or do they have to "suddenly" hearth back to get their bonus loot rolls? Or how about that player that wants to go enchant/gem something after receiving loot instead of waiting for a break time to do that instead? (Moreover, why doesn't that player have the enchants/gems ready? unless its runeforging).

Maybe the issue is that your team needs to be more effective with the limited time they have.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Perhaps you need to look at what is causing people to wipe on "farm" fights? In raid, there are several areas were you can cut down on time wasted. For instance, when a wipe is called, do people quickly suicide themselves so the fight can restart or do people drag it out? After a boss is down'd, do people who don't need loot move forward (and assuming there's enough of them) work on the trash that leads to the next boss while the loot interested people work on loot?

Do people come prepared to raid or do they have to "suddenly" hearth back to get their bonus loot rolls? Or how about that player that wants to go enchant/gem something after receiving loot instead of waiting for a break time to do that instead? (Moreover, why doesn't that player have the enchants/gems ready? unless its runeforging).

Maybe the issue is that your team needs to be more effective with the limited time they have.
    No, I guess just from people losing focus from doing the same exact thing every week. I personally wouldn't mind a raid lockout extension every other week just so we can spend time on new bosses.. But even I get tired and don't really want to show up because we've been doing this same 9 bosses for the past 3 weeks with maybe half a raid to work on a new boss.

The only gripe I have is the first 2 have to be rekilled over and over if you want bosses 3-6. Nobody likes HFA or reaver and their drops are so bad. Being able to pick and choose in the upper half isnt too bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    The only gripe I have is the first 2 have to be rekilled over and over if you want bosses 3-6. Nobody likes HFA or reaver and their drops are so bad. Being able to pick and choose in the upper half isnt too bad
    We would be able to choose which bosses to start on and kill after we cleared it a few times, they said. We could start at any boss, they said.
    Once again they lied through their teeth, as the reality is that there are only 3 options to start on, HFA, Iskar+ and Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    We would be able to choose which bosses to start on and kill after we cleared it a few times, they said. We could start at any boss, they said.
    Once again they lied through their teeth, as the reality is that there are only 3 options to start on, HFA, Iskar+ and Mannoroth.
    Nothing is stopping you from doing soc, xhul or zakuun in the top half
    We always did Iskar last since you can loop back out from the side door after tyrant

So do a farm week followed by a progression week. Or add a raid night until your farm clear is faster. Or leave farm content for Alts and focus on progression for a couple months. Doesn't seem like a new problem. Heroic guilds face the same issue deciding how to balance Normal farming with Heroic progression.