Question Weird Question : How are German kids punished?

For some unknown reason I'm actually very curious on children in Germany. I really don't hear or even see anything related to German children at all. But yeah, Germans, my question is how do German parents discipline their kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I really don't hear or even see anything related to German children at all.
    This seems like such a strange observation to me. When was the last time you heard about Bosnian children, children from Nunavut or Laos or Bolivia?

Not sure why someone would be interested in German children so specifically, or what you mean by German punishment. I imagine they're scolded, slapped, spanked, scared or ignored like millions of other children everywhere, like you or me or someone else who will undoubtedly post. Not sure what differences you're expecting.

My mind instantly went to "maybe he's talking about Nazis or something" but I couldn't gather any reasonable thoughts about how that would influence german kids in 2015, or the way their parents discipline them. Maybe someone can shed some light on that, if there is a distinction to be made there between German child discipline vs everyone else.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2015-10-14 at 02:25 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    By reminding them that their nation is responsible for the Holocaust.

Or by throwing them into shark-infested waters and forcing them to bare-knuckle-brawl for survival. What else could make the German language sound so angry all the time?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once a week a train drives through Germany taking every kid to an old KZ and showing them the wonders of our past. If they behave bad again they are taken there to die.

No, I'm kidding.
    We discipline our kids like every other country. Maybe take away their electronics. Send them to their room. Physical punishment is not common at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    By reminding them that their nation is responsible for the Holocaust.

Or by throwing them into shark-infested waters and forcing them to bare-knuckle-brawl for survival. What else could make the German language sound so angry all the time?
    I never really associated Germans with sounding angry all the time. I've always pictured them as very nice and generally polite people...

Deleted
    Don't think there's anything setting Germany apart from the rest. Spanking and the like became illegal over a decade ago, so what you're left with are mind games.

For some unknown reason I'm actually very curious on children in Germany. I really don't hear or even see anything related to German children at all. But yeah, Germans, my question is how do German parents discipline their kids?
    Die stille Treppe..

Jokes aside, German kids are essentially like US kids, I guess.. lots of poorly raised brats with anti-authoritarian upbringing. If it's really called for house arrest or "go too your room", physical punishment is mostly illegal and/or frowned upon. Maybe cuts to your pocket money. Like everywhere there are obviously people that are more extreme in either direction, but generally there isn't much fancy groundbreaking stuff happening for a western country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really associated Germans with sounding angry all the time. I've always pictured them as very nice and generally polite people...
    Oh no Germans are generally quite nice, but you can't really speak German without a certain amount of grunting and spitting. Like Russian, but with less slurring from the vodka-infused stupor.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

sex dungeons

charcharchar

Quote Originally Posted by Klingzor View Post
    Don't think there's anything setting Germany apart from the rest. Spanking and the like became illegal over a decade ago, so what you're left with are mind games.
    Do kids turn their parents in if they get a spanking?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

i am a german guy. and i ask you: what the fukin freakin hell are you talking about (asking) ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when i was a teenager ( ~15 years ago ) i got grounded for 2-3 days & had to go to bed early. Or my parents took the tv cable from my room / removed my computer monitor cable for 2-3 days. They didnt know i had replacement cables ...
    Same with my friends at that time ... some got grounded for like a week, but thats the whorst i heard. No one got beaten ... as far as i know.

They're forced to watch poorly engineered shit on youtube to offend their german sensibilities.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Krampus?

i heard this guy hits them with a switch when they are bad.

Deleted
    their parents call them nazis when they misbehave or do something their parents disagree with

it even works in politics
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-10-14 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Do kids turn their parents in if they get a spanking?
    Maybe it's similar in Germany with how it is in Sweden. You see a child getting spanked and you lowkey call the police. To be fair though, spanking is pretty archaic in forms of discipline and child rearing nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    They're forced to watch poorly engineered shit on youtube to offend their german sensibilities.
    You kidding me? That is entertainment gold! Solar Roadways is my favorite so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    their parents call them nazis when they misbehave or do something their parents disagree with

it even works in politics
    Would be funny if it wasn't true <.<.