Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    From what I've seen after extensive research watching The Walking Dead, dogs make excellent zombie detectors. Also they are immune to the zombie disease. And once they get a taste for human flesh, they are self sustaining. I can see myself having a pack of six pit bulls.
    TWD is cool in that it took the common, stereotypical, zombie outbreak and changed it just enough to be unique. It is the only 'zombie-verse' where everyone turns, bitten or not, and as far as i know, is the only one where animals dont turn. There have been others where they didnt show turned animals, but TWD is the only one i know of that says outright its just people.

Personally id bring my dog, not sure how long he'd last. he is a solid guard dog and i could see him coming in handy like you said as a detector, but that could also be very bad, drawing more to us. As long as he could figure out to stay out of arms reach of the undead he might stand a chance. My cat id throw in my get away vehicle as well but i dont think he'd have the brains to stick with me and the family, hed probably get lost along the way, but at least i tried..

But in the end the main reason id bring them both is to eat them if it got that bad survival wise.

I wouldn't leave my cat behind. I'd take her with me - though if at all possible I'd simply reinforce the doors and windows of my house and try to remain there for as long as possible.