Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Overwatch Beta - October 27th

Announced on Towelliee's stream just now.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/bl...oon-10-14-2015
    Last edited by MarshallX; 2015-10-14 at 05:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it has been officially stated by Blizzard, then don't listen to other streamers unless they have been given permission to do so.
    Quite misguiding if everyone does it and says completely different dates even.

It has been officially stated by Blizzard as well and pretty much every other gaming site on the internet.

It wasn't announced on his stream... He was just waiting for it to pop up on news feeds like anyone else could have... It's not like he was given insider info and he made the announcement.

I'm ready for all the Youtubers and Streamers to get in on day one and the general public having to wait a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    I'm ready for all the Youtubers and Streamers to get in on day one and the general public having to wait a few months.
    You mean for maximum publicity yeah?. And it's more than likely a few non streamers will get in to.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP EU. Always later...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You mean for maximum publicity yeah?. And it's more than likely a few non streamers will get in to.
    It's a Blizzard game. And their first new franchise in years. Not sure if it needs anymore publicity.

Let's just hope it becomes buy to play

10+ Year Old Account
    So good. Preview stream tomorrow to get a taste then full on stream watching on the 27th, waiting for EU beta and hopefully an invite. Going to be awesome.

Chris Metzen @Blizzcon 2014: "Friends, Overwatch is closer than you think! Beta this Spring!"
    *11 and a half months later*
    Blizzard: Beta at the end of the month, two weeks before Blizzcon 2015!

#Soon™

10+ Year Old Account
    The day Halo 5 comes out. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    The day Halo 5 comes out. \o/
    Wouldn't be a Blizzard release unless a competitor also had a game releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Wouldn't be a Blizzard release unless a competitor also had a game releasing.
    The Quake esque/TF2 clone/whatever Overwatch isn't really competing with Halo, which is a of a completely different genre of FPS along with CoD. Furthermore, Halo is an Xbox exclusive, while OW is computer exclusive, so there's pretty much no overlap. OW isn't even selling anything ATM so really it boils down to who's going to get the most streams, and I think it's pretty obvious which of the two will.

What time will this be eastern time?

Deleted
    Thinking it will be some invites, and perhaps later beta for money.
    Hopefully I get in for free, got lucky in Hots and even ended up in alpha... my best bet is that I'm not lucky twice =)
    Ah, and also EU... so the wait is real in that way as well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I got into Hots and HS, only games that I never actually cared enough to be in for Beta ... Well, lets hope il get lucky with this one. Fingers crossed, for all of ya!
    -K

Deleted
    Why EU??? WHY?