Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ways to get Valor

Is it just me, or does it seems strange that you can get Valor from alot of sources, including LFR, but not from actual raiding?

Item upgrades are back! Players will be able to earn and spend Valor to upgrade items from Hellfire Citadel, items created from Baleful tokens in Tanaan Jungle, and all Draenor dungeon drops. All the items you’ve already earned are eligible for upgrades retroactively.
    Characters can earn Valor in a number of ways.
    Completing the first random Heroic Dungeon of the day
    Completing Mythic Dungeons
    Completing weekly Bonus Event quests
    Completing a Raid Finder wing for Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry, or Hellfire Citadel for the first time each week.
    To upgrade, visit your friendly neighborhood ethereal in Orgrimmar and Stormwind, or Stormshield and Warspear to upgrade your gear by 5 item levels at a time, up to twice per item, for a total potential boost of 10 item levels.

So what? Mythic raiders have to do LFR?
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2015-10-14 at 06:02 PM.

Mythic raiders will probably be fine capping through mythic dungeons. This is to make doing things like dungeons attractive again.

It's all about the amounts we get per time, and how much time each player will have at once to farm.

There will likely be a weekly cap, and doing your daily dungeon each day will put you at or close to this cap, making it the most efficient way (assuming you want to log in every day and do a dungeon).

Also, quite a few of the LFR wings are fairly quick and painless (HM wing 1, Blackhand, Imperator), so they could be nice ways to supplement Valor gains.

Mythic raiders are going to have to do some other stuff than simply raiding to cap their valor each week, but that seems like a good thing to me. Not to mention, we'll just make everyone's experience in these runs better.

im glad item upgrades are back. sure it makes you do stuff, but its the most rewarding way of "nerfing" content and gives you that end-of-expansion power feeling that most people like

Not looking forward to doing mythic dungeons at 732 because I can't get valor from raid bosses. Talk about snoozfest.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would image unless their is something truly special in the 725 range items. I will probably just run through lfr for the week. Unless members of my guild decide to do dungeons together. The issue with most raiders now days is they log on 30 minutes before raid and log off when raid ends. So, you have to find a time when people are online to run a mythic dungeon.

For lfr, I can stand back at this point, mindless run through my rotation and pretty much survive any raid mechanic that is thrown at me. All well, watching something on television.

Deleted
    Already did this back in SoO, I'm not so desperate for some more Ilvls for leveling that I'll waste time capping every week again.

But didn't you get like 500 of the 1000 cap from killing all the bosses back then?

Once there was a time when clearing the current raid tier would pretty much cap you...

Fortunately i'm only raiding casually this expansion. If I cant get valor in raids i'm not going to bother with it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I get why they don't drop in raids. They want you to do other stuff. But why do they drop in LFR then. That part makes no sense. Either have them drop in both, or in neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I get why they don't drop in raids. They want you to do other stuff. But why do they drop in LFR then. That part makes no sense. Either have them drop in both, or in neither.
    They don't drop in LFR, really. It's more a reward from the weekly queue for each individual wing, just like it will be a reward from a daily heroic queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    Not looking forward to doing mythic dungeons at 732 because I can't get valor from raid bosses. Talk about snoozfest.
    Come and kill bosses in LFR with us peasants! That won't be a snoozefest, surely.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Pretty annoying since i have over 100k Apexis. Now i'll have to grind from scratch!

yeah they know ppl will have so much apexis so they had to introduce a new currency but seems like they want the lfr tourists to be carried

Deleted
    Do none of you guys read things properly? LFR is ONE of the ways of getting Valor. You DONT have to do it. Do Mythic dungeons instead.

Deleted
    Inb4 720 ilvl req for mythic dungeons because they force mythic raiders into them. Mythic raiders, while not very happy about this, will grumble and create those "zerg run for cap" groups. Others will copycat this. You won't be actually able to gear up your alts through MD's because of insane PUG req's. Unless you make that grp yourself. Atleast for dungeons that's doable without too much of a hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Inb4 720 ilvl req for mythic dungeons because they force mythic raiders into them. Mythic raiders, while not very happy about this, will grumble and create those "zerg run for cap" groups. Others will copycat this. You won't be actually able to gear up your alts through MD's because of insane PUG req's. Unless you make that grp yourself. Atleast for dungeons that's doable without too much of a hassle.
    Peasants below 700 ilvl shalt not be in my groups.

But, yeah, making your own groups if you have a low ilvl below 710 is usually a good idea. Specially for DPS.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this is any different to running 6-7 H scenarios a week, like you did in 5.4.

Deleted
    As powerful gear gets easily obtainable, pug requirements naturally rise up.

With new season of PvP emerging, S2 Conquest gear will become honor gear. It's item level 700 in PvE. Now combine that with BG weekend event where your honor gains in BGs are increased by 300%. You can grind 5k honor per hour if you are lucky. That's insane, you will be able to obtain a set of really strong gear extremely quickly.

Unless they nerf the ilvl in PVE of that gear. Or make it unobtainable but I hope not. I want that transmog :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I don't see how this is any different to running 6-7 H scenarios a week, like you did in 5.4.
    You were getting Valor in raids back then, so it wasn't "6-7 scenarios a week" but maybe 2-3. Well, unless you wanted to be caped immediately after reset.

The main issue here is that they are trying to force mythic dungeons like 6 months after the patch was released. If they include valor in raids then most players won't have a reason to run those mythic dungeons and they won't be able to virtually extend the patch's life.

But yes, normal, heroic and mythic raiding should also be a source for valor, the higher the difficulty the higher the valor you get. It makes no sense at all that you can't earn the currency to upgrade the gear in the content that actually drops that gear.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."