Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaenror View Post
    "A cured patient is a lost customer" There seems to be a new cure every other week so i will celebrate when several patients are actually cured.
    pretty much, its just words until it actually is shown to work. I've heard so many times they might have "found a cure of diabeties", which turned out to be the same old go nowhere crap its always been.

This is a tempting conspiracy theory.

Can anyone name any prominent rich elite that would have access to this secret cure but have instead died of cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    So are you saying I can continue smoking without any side effects?
    unfortunately, no.

Cancer is only a small part of the side effects of smoking. The plack that is left in your arteries aswell as your alveola won't just magically disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    Sadly Cancer has mostly likely had a cure for 10 years now. The industry of making drugs to treat is is to good to release a cure. Big Pharma Money>Human life.
    Sadly yes, this is the world we live in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    The tinfoil hat is strong with this one.
    its not tinfoil hat, its capitalism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You can't deny that Big Pharma is buying promising patents and lets them rot to keep it away from the market.
    Umm yes I can.

Cancer strikes at anyone. It doesn't matter who you are. These so called Big Pharma are run by people. Yet these same people are also... wait for it.... Getting cancer and dying from these diseases. If these big pharmas (really do they even exist or is it just an excuse for nut jobs to blame on for reasons some diseases are not curable at the moment) knew about the cures but hid them, then why are the people in charge of these companies dying? Surely if they had the secret cures they would be using it on themselves and their families since money is no good when you're dead.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sadly Cancer has mostly likely had a cure for 10 years now. The industry of making drugs to treat is is to good to release a cure. Big Pharma Money>Human life.
    Give me a break. Take off the tinfoil, and please join us in reality.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Give me a break. Take off the tinfoil, and please join us in reality.

I'm In reality, does not change the fact that they will effectively delay a cure for a profit. Cancer drugs are among the most expensive on the market. Curing cancer, you would lose that income....either that or it would be like 5k per pill just to keep their profit margin high. They would we live in has more incentive to keep treatments running rather than a cure.

The amount of missing logic in the argument between the conspiracy people and the people denying it is astounding. Some of the posts don't even make any sense.

But anyway, I hope this is either a cure shortly, or atleast an important stepping stone to finding one.

I'm In reality, does not change the fact that they will effectively delay a cure for a profit. Cancer drugs are among the most expensive on the market. Curing cancer, you would lose that income....either that or it would be like 5k per pill just to keep their profit margin high. They would we live in has more incentive to keep treatments running rather than a cure.
    I suspect a cure would be much more valuable to a company to bring to market than to suppress.

You'd immediately get a stock price jump.
    You'd instantly acquire your competitions customers, as you can cure what others can barely treat.

A cancer cure would be a gold mine to the company that produces it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

And then they die in the process, have been known to die from cancer.

Seriously listen to yourself, you are basically saying CEOs will effectively die just so they can have a profit which will be useless to them because dead bodies can't spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Yes, because the people who discovered the cure for cancer don't have any loved ones that still die for cancer, or they let them die all in the name of Big Pharma profits...

Sorry, but if there was a cure, Big Pharma would be patenting it, declaring victory far and wide, and charging buttloads of money for every dose so the senior executives can buy several large yachts each. That is how big corporations operate.
    Stuff like this goes way beyond cancer companies and there employees..Much higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I suspect a cure would be much more valuable to a company to bring to market than to suppress.

You'd immediately get a stock price jump.
    You'd instantly acquire your competitions customers, as you can cure what others can barely treat.
    A cancer cure would be a gold mine to the company that produces it.
    You just described everything thats wrong with healthcare.

I've seen plenty of cancer research that was very promising but never made the shelves because it coulnd be sold for high enough.
    Dont mistake how rotten our healthcare system is. You think your on a waiting list for your transplant or new hip? Hah, its because its not financially feasible to do em so they have to limit the "non profit" operations.

Pompe and Fabris medicine costed 70$ when first produced. Then pharma came, patented it and now its 200k a treatment.

Besides, overpopulation, strain on insurances would skyrocket. Its a trillion dollar industry, no way someone with a silly cure is gonna mess that up.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2015-10-14 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    its not tinfoil hat, its capitalism at its finest
    Which is why all the top drugs on on the market are cancer treatments and the like, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I've seen plenty of cancer research that was very promising but never made the shelves because it coulnd be sold for high enough.\
    Like? Most cases like this turn into dead ends despite the media drastically overhyping everything because a mouse and a human are not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Expensive =/= profitable. Plus people still seem to be under the mindless delusion that big pharma is a single company.

There is no reason to hide a cure, you could just patent it and sell it for something ridiculous and make billions from it.

Is there anything to back up this claim?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Pretty much this. Big pharma, at its most profitable, is based around economies of scale. The reason why lipitor remains the most profitable drug of all time despite a few years past its brand exclusivity expiration is because it was an extremely low cost drug with enough effectiveness to get just about every doctor on board, that tens of millions of people take month after month year after year until they die. The biggest problem with things like biologics is that they are extremely high cost to produce and to set up the infrastructure to produce... you don't just produce them out of thin air, ya know. And a single FDA visit shutting down one of these factories can essentially eviscerate the comapny.
    Yeah all the people who say, "Treating is more profitable than a cure, so there will never be a cure!!!" are people no business should ever hire to make actual business decisions.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Which is why all the top drugs on on the market are cancer treatments and the like, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Like? Most cases like this turn into dead ends despite the media drastically overhyping everything because a mouse and a human are not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Expensive =/= profitable. Plus people still seem to be under the mindless delusion that big pharma is a single company.
    Big Phamra is one company for all intensive purposes the first couple years they completely hold the patents for the first couple years then generics can be made. They can charge what ever they want. Now once the patent opens to generics the price usually falls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Phamra is one company
    No. This statement is so overwhelmingly wrong in every manner that it's pretty much impossible to take anything you say seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    I have a feeling the poster of this thread has no idea how many of currently accepted medical practices were discovered by accident...
    I am well aware that there are a lot of things that are discovered by accident. Everything from post-it note stickiness and on. It's wonderful!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__