Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    ofc norway have the number 1 rating per capita when the country is so small and 1 guy killed like 30+ people

oh wait, its Jaylock, biggest troll on MMO.
    So what? If 1 guy kills 30 people or 1 guys kills 3, its still murder and a mass shooting. It was even more devastating in Norway because that many people died.

Should Norway have even stricter gun controls? How strict can you be to 100% absolutely stop gun violence? The answer is you cant.

I firmly believe that if citizens are armed, it does more to prevent gun violence (AND CRIME) than promote it.

Think of it like this. If I am an intruder, and I know that no one on a particular street has any guns, am I more or less likely to rob / hurt / kill people, then if I know that 70% of the people on that street have a gun?

I sure as hell would think twice about breaking into someones home if I felt there was a chance they could have a gun and shoot and kill me for entering their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So what? If 1 guy kills 30 people or 1 guys kills 3, its still murder and a mass shooting. It was even more devastating in Norway because that many people died.

Should Norway have even stricter gun controls? How strict can you be to 100% absolutely stop gun violence? The answer is you cant.

I firmly believe that if citizens are armed, it does more to prevent gun violence (AND CRIME) than promote it.

Think of it like this. If I am an intruder, and I know that no one on a particular street has any guns, am I more or less likely to rob / hurt / kill people, then if I know that 70% of the people on that street have a gun?

I sure as hell would think twice about breaking into someones home if I felt there was a chance they could have a gun and shoot and kill me for entering their home.
    All good arguments except they all start with "I firmly believe" or "If I am blablabla" or "I sure as hell would have"

Stop. Nobody cares what you think, would have done, or will do. All the research by independent people shows that gun control in Norway works.

We(Norway) have a really high gun ownership per capita. The difference is that most of that is hunting rifles (in fact, that's the reason Anders Brevik got his rifle in the first place), and guns are really strictly regulated.

The fact that statistics 101 isn't a requirement to post articles on the internet is really showing. Jesus, so much stupid in one article.

Deleted
    To my knowledge, dont Norway and Finland have very strict gun control laws?

How do LAWS impact CRIMINALS? Isent the point of a criminal that he/she decides to step outside the laws?

Guns will always be obtainable, either legally from stores or illegally from various gangs.

Too many liberals think that a "ban on guns" means that all guns just disintegrate and become lollipops

That chart only looks at a period between 2009 and 2013. I believe in scientific terms that's called cherrypicking data like an ignorant fuckwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    How do LAWS impact CRIMINALS? Isent the point of a criminal that he/she decides to step outside the laws?

Guns will always be obtainable, either legally from stores or illegally from various gangs.

Too many liberals think that a "ban on guns" means that all guns just disintegrate and become lollipops
    1. So should we just make it legal to murder people randomly then? Oh wait.
    2. Anders Brevik (the guy that skewed this so called "statistic") couldn't get his hands on guns illegally. He obtained them legally, which makes the case that had THAT been impossible, this massacre would have been avoided.
    3. No, liberals don't think that guns will become lollipops. Liberals think that guns are meant for killing and civilians don't need to kill people. It's that fucking simple really.

A recent article from ijreview.com highlights the top countries in the world where rampage shootings happen (similar to the school shootings recently).

Surprisingly, Norway tops the list, with an average of 15.3 killed per 1M population.

Top 3 countries for mass shootings are:

1) Norway
    2) Finland
    3) Slovakia

To my knowledge, dont Norway and Finland have very strict gun control laws?

Interesting stuff.

Source:
    http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/3481...ves-him-wrong/
    It is one terrorist attack by a right wing idiot. remove that 1 instance and see where you end up. the fact that USA have hundreds upon hundreds of mass murder happening in public spaces doesnt bother you? all you care about is how you can make yourself and the right wing arguments look as stupid as possible with twisting statistics.

Show us how much of all actual shootings take place in the USA vs other developed countries like Norway. I am sure you dont like to point out to the fact that norway have ZERO outside of the event done by the right wing TERRORIST.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how they claim that Switzerland has restrictive firearm regulation, but forget that Switzerland is usually used as the poster boy by the pro-gun lobby as an example of a country that has relaxed regulation and low gun crime.

It doesnt matter how the gun violence happened, because a terrorist event can happen in any country.

What matters is that a country, with strict gun control is highest on the list.

Pretty ironic considering all the outrage about guns and pushing for more gun control, especially in the US (6th on the list and middle of the pack with many other strict countries).

You are reading statistics liek the devil is reading the bible, get a clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Op needs to learn how statistics work.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post

So we should remove laws that makes it illegal to murder and illegal to rob a bank etc etc i mean criminals dont respect them anyway so why have those laws? really thats the logic behind the right wingers arguments or should i say total lack of logic which is what they always have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Op needs to learn how statistics work.
    Critical thinking and source analyze isnt his strong points thats for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If one attack changes the stats that much, it shows that Norway should be treated as an outlier, not much else.