Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Subs already rising?!

With the announcement of 6.2.3, I have already seen an influx of players to the realms that I play on, and even in the server list, I have seen servers that are typically high population as "full" with a wait time to get in.

Is this the beginning of the return of all the subs who took a break? And with Legion right around the corner, will we see even more of a rise in subs?

New content in 6.2.3:

-8 New Timewalking dungeons
    -2 New Mounts
    -New Gear
    -Valor Points
    -Uprade gear
    -Cross realm mythic raiding
    -New PvP season
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2015-10-14 at 10:10 PM.

I'm sure a lot of people are probably getting back into the game since there is a new patch coming, blizzcon and other reasons. It's hard to say though for sure

Legion is not 'right around the corner', as beta hasn't even begun, and then the beta itself will take anywhere between 4-6 months.

People will start to come back when the pre-patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    With the announcement of 6.2.3, I have already seen an influx of players to the realms that I play on
    Which realms are those?

Edit: Oh it's Jaylock, carry on... *yawn*
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2015-10-14 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Nah. That announcement is just the expected nerf/buf of the ending of a tier. Most excitement feeding right now is BlizzCon and secondarily the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Legion is not 'right around the corner', as beta hasn't even begun, and then the beta itself will take anywhere between 4-6 months.

Also, seasons tend to last 26 weeks, so that's about a half-year unless Warlords Season 3 is aborted halfway through like everything else in this expansion.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

With the announcement of 6.2.3, I have already seen an influx of players to the realms that I play on, and even in the server list, I have seen servers that are typically high population as "full" with a wait time to get in.

Is this the beginning of the return of all the subs who took a break? And with Legion right around the corner, will we see even more of a rise in subs?
    Right around the corner? Not so much, especially when you see "season 3 pvp" about to release. That alone should give you the estimated time frame of a potential release.

And not trying to sound like a smartass, but you're answering your own question.

Obviously subs are going to rise at the end of an expac, people getting ready for the incoming easy-to-get-gear-so-expac-experience-is--even-easier.

New content in 6.2.3:

-8 New Timewalking dungeons
    -2 New Mounts
    -New Gear
    -Valor Points
    -Uprade gear
    -Cross realm mythic raiding
    -New PvP season
    I like everything on that list but cross realm mythic I was a supporter personally but after talking to bacon... I think its kind of a bad idea.

Lol Jaylock, stop baiting. People aren't going to come back for 6.2.3. There's nothing really here, except for players who can kill Archimonde on Heroic+. They'll do it once then go back to not playing.

- - - Updated - - -

New content in 6.2.3:

-8 New Timewalking dungeons (not new)
    -2 New Mounts (not content)
    -New Gear (no new gear except PvP gear, just higher WF possibilities)
    -Valor Points (not new)
    -Uprade gear (not new, and definitely not content)
    -Cross realm mythic raiding (cool, but not content)
    -New PvP season (the ONLY thing you can pass off as content)
    Answers in quote above.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The new patch isn't on the PTR yet, is it? I dunno why people would be automatically jumping back in.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Yep OP, not only rising, never before seen record numbers. what a difference half a day makes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Lol Jaylock, stop baiting. People aren't going to come back for 6.2.3. There's nothing really here, except for players who can kill Archimonde on Heroic+. They'll do it once then go back to not playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Answers in quote above.
    I'm am very optimistic about the subs increasing, given the facts that i presented in my OP. It seems like my realm is full of life again, and several realms are high / full.

I'm am very optimistic about the subs increasing, given the facts that i presented in my OP. It seems like my realm is full of life again, and several realms are high / full.
    Your realm is "full of life" from an ANNOUNCEMENT of a PTR, of which is not yet live yet and people are coming back to play nothing like they were previously? Yeah okay, sure.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted

Most people don't even know the news exist Jaylock..

10+ Year Old Account
    "Facts" I have a hard time believing you know what that word means. ¬_¬
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Most people don't even know the news exist Jaylock..
    I just had a friend text me that he was re-subbing to the game because of the announcement of 6.2.3. I know its anecdotal but its still one more sub, due to an unreleased patch that was JUST announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    The realm "Jaylock's Mind" seems to be quite high indeed. No word yet as to what its full of.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Imma resub for that patch. But not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

The timing of season 3 will impact the release more. They're redoing PvP in Legion, removing gear, so season 3 is not going to end soon. I'm thinking end of Q2 *maybe*, most likely Q3 or later of 2016. Unless they cobble a 6.3 together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Answers in quote above.
    You make it sound like raiders only want to raid and nothing else, sorry but not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    The new patch isn't on the PTR yet, is it? I dunno why people would be automatically jumping back in.
    Yes it is.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.