10+ Year Old Account

Valor upgrades and a new PvP season - Bloody long wait for Legion incoming?

Fairly straight forward based on the title. Valor's back, fully validating and vindicating the decision to remove it at the start of Warlords of course. We've also got a new PvP season starting soon which I'm sure will be choc-full of new gear art and rich new PvP content.

Blizzard's also running the full gamut of psychologically manipulative reward-loop tactics like more RNG and higher item levels proccing on drops.

Is this evidence we're probably not going to see Legion until June-ish next year? I don't think they'd be pulling this crap if they were confident they could get it out the door soon, would they?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Fairly straight forward based on the title. Valor's back, fully validating and vindicating the decision to remove it at the start of Warlords of course. We've also got a new PvP season starting soon which I'm sure will be choc-full of new gear art and rich new PvP content.

Blizzard's also running the full gamut of psychologically manipulative reward-loop tactics like more RNG and higher item levels proccing on drops.

Is this evidence we're probably not going to see Legion until June-ish next year? I don't think they'd be pulling this crap if they were confident they could get it out the door soon, would they?
    you mr are optimist if you think about june release with new pvp season it looks liek we gonan have 14 months of last tier again i wouldnt expect release sooner then august/septemeber :P

Deleted
    Exactly. That valor thing is just part of the long haul of the long drag at the end of a tier. There is nothing added really, just a script that lets you pseudo-upgrade during the long drag until a new expansion.

I cringe when I see people that treat that last news as anything truly new or exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mr are optimist if you think about june release with new pvp season it looks liek we gonan have 14 months of last tier again i wouldnt expect release sooner then august/septemeber :P
    Maybe at Blizzcon they will announce another 12 month subscription incentive, possibly early Legion beta access + a free copy of Overwatch.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The average pvp season last for six month. So....

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Exactly. That valor thing is just part of the long haul of the long drag at the end of a tier. There is nothing added really, just a script that lets you pseudo-upgrade during the long drag until a new expansion.

I cringe when I see people that treat that last news as anything truly new or exciting.
    It almost makes you cynically wonder if they took things like item upgrades out of the game just so they could flip the switch and turn them back on as 'new content' where there should have been another raid tier.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Sigh, I'm saying this since before patch 6.2 even came live. The damn Hazzikostas Q&A in June suggested that.

Patch 6.2 is one of these dreadful year long patches.

-2 seasons of PvP gear datamined on ptr
    -Aggressive timeless isle style catchup
    -The cyclical bonus event schedule, taking 7 weeks to take just 1 complete circle

And other minor things like this.

Everyone that counts on Legion coming out before June 2016 is quite delusional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    It almost makes you cynically wonder if they took things like item upgrades out of the game just so they could flip the switch and turn them back on as 'new content' where there should have been another raid tier.

I don't even wonder. Blizzard were never truly honest, when they communicate things they always do it in a controlled Marketing methodology. They even say it openly when for instance you keep hearing devs saying lately "You have to know how much to say and how much not to say" etc.

Well, we don't have beta yet, and beta is usually 5-6 months, so yeah, still have at least that long to wait. Average PvP season is 25 weeks, average final PvP expansion of an expansion is 31 weeks.

Assuming that Blizzard isn't going to renege on their statements of "beta later this year," though, we shouldn't expect to see a beta longer than 6 months, so we shouldn't expect to see Legion any later than July at worst.

I was betting on a Jan/Feb release personally, simply because delaying much longer will drop subs so much more. Theres almost no content left.
    Im hoping these minor patch things are just to make HFC easier so more people can complete it before the launch of the expansion. They did the same thing in SoO after all by letting people have bonus item levels and guaranteed heirloom drops from Garrosh for a limited time. It didnt mean the expansion launched 6 months later though.

Also, 6 month PvP season sees it end around Easter, so maybe they are looking at an Easter launch now.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    well.. its new to me since everything that came after 6.0.something is new to me as i've quit playing with like 1 or 2 months on WoD.
    i'm now considering comming back so i can see how the game feels atm and maybe get a shot at heroic raiding, challenge modes and all the stuff i missed...
    too bad i think i'll never do it in time... /cryface