10+ Year Old Account

Question So... About the Baleful upgrades.

This is the comment in the PTR notes that I'm referring to:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Baleful items now have a chance to create items ranging in quality from item level 655 to 695 in 5-item-level increments, with a progressively lower chance as item level increases.
    I have two questions at the moment.

1) What will the role of Empowered apexis be now? Will they have an impact, or are they being changed/removed?
    2) Presumably, this will make Baleful gear much more efficient than LFR (more than now); has this been considered?

My apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I'm unlikely to spend the next hour trawling threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    This is the comment in the PTR notes that I'm referring to:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Baleful items now have a chance to create items ranging in quality from item level 655 to 695 in 5-item-level increments, with a progressively lower chance as item level increases.
    I have two questions at the moment.

1) What will the role of Empowered apexis be now? Will they have an impact, or are they being changed/removed?
    2) Presumably, this will make Baleful gear much more efficient than LFR (more than now); has this been considered?

My apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I'm unlikely to spend the next hour trawling threads.
    They are most likely still going to be there, but bringing the item a little higher again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So when you get a baleful drop, instead of discovering a 650 it has a chance to be automatically upgraded to 655 up to 695 without using the 20k apexis thingy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    So when you get a baleful drop, instead of discovering a 650 it has a chance to be automatically upgraded to 655 up to 695 without using the 20k apexis thingy?
    That's how I'm reading it.

Now, it's already less efficient to empower an item that upgrades to 670, but the token is still worth a good 25 points. Now, if something automatically pings at 695, then I'm assuming the fragment does nothing.

Alternatively, they could just give it a flat "15 item level increase to the item", but that's what I'm curious about.