How to sign a korean/taiwanese full name?

For example, at the end of a letter or an article, one usually writes 'Surname', 'N'. 'the rest'. Like Smith, J. something. or Mr. Smith.
    How does one sign in the same manner a name like Chung-Ling Shih?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You would likely sign it like Shih, Chung-Ling.

Obake is correct, as technically for a Taiwanese person you wrote the name 'wrong' in the op.

However, the average Taiwanese person wouldn't be writing it in English anyway. If they were, they would likely have an 'English name'; a Western first name, and their Chinese family name, which they would write in the same way as any Westerner.

There are exceptions - Ang Lee (Li An) springs to mind, but then he's unusual for only having two characters in his name, and it's easy to say.

And, of course, traditionally, signing a letter is a Western thing. A Taiwanese person has a chop.

Like this for example: Foo Lin Yu

Sorry

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaineSong View Post
    Obake is correct, as technically for a Taiwanese person you wrote the name 'wrong' in the op.

However, the average Taiwanese person wouldn't be writing it in English anyway. If they were, they would likely have an 'English name'; a Western first name, and their Chinese family name, which they would write in the same way as any Westerner.

There are exceptions - Ang Lee (Li An) springs to mind, but then he's unusual for only having two characters in his name, and it's easy to say.

And, of course, traditionally, signing a letter is a Western thing. A Taiwanese person has a chop.
    Yes, this is more accurate.

I have a Chinese name, but I don't sign stuff using it. I sign it using my western name, First & Last. If I didn't have an English name, I would sign it either in English the way you would pronounce the name or just straight up sign it in Chinese, both using last Name, first Name format. It's always like this, even when you ask for someone by their full name, you always say their last name followed by the first name.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Korean it's Last Name - First Name. For example, 변수영 (변/Byeon is the last name. 수영/SooYoung is the first name)
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2015-10-19 at 10:08 PM.