Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I feel so bad... Guildies forcing me to be Sub for Mythic

I always loved playing assassin but apparently if I'm not Sub I'm not optimal for Mythic...

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I always loved playing assassin but apparently if I'm not Sub I'm not optimal for Mythic...
    Apparently if im not a resto shaman im not optimal.

There will always be a spec that is better than the other specs and always will be that way. Just be glad yours is an actual dps spec.

Deleted
    kinda sad they force you, imo you should play what you enjoy yourself most

Deleted
    Well, it is mythic. Expecting a pure DPS Class to respec to a better spec on mythic is fine in my eyes.

But nobody forces you to do anything. If you don't want to raid as sub, don't raid as sub. Ofc there may be consequences depending on how your raid reacts but that's life for ya. :/

Deleted
    Unfortunately for Mythic it's not about what you love, but is what is best for the encounter.

You can get away with playing what you love in Normal and Heroic, but for Mythic, it's Subtlety.

If you want to play whatever you feel like then theres normal and hc.
    You want to do mythic? You play whats needed.

Someone needs to tell that to my BM hunter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. IMO, with the length that Mythic's been out by now, anyone expecting you to respec for anything but the key wall bosses is just a mouthbreather. Any guilds thats been progressing since 6.2 came out, and isn't 12/13 M, "forcing" their roster to play specific specs will NOT help them down additional bosses. The only excuse a guild can use is that they haven't been able to get a stable 20 man roster, otherwise most of their raid just sucks.

imo, if you are personally 5/13 M, try to find a guild thats 6/13 M and doesn't have a stick up their backsides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    You should consider yourself lucky that you're able to play your favourite/best class at the very least. Personally can't stand rogue as a whole atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel you OP, I usually just skip patches where my favorite spec isn't the best one for the class... which is why I am taking a break until Legion where I will main a DH, or go back to my hunter if Surv is back in top(or at least very close to the top)... it's literally the worst dps spec in the game atm...

There's no way some jackass could make me do something else with my free time than what I want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    There's no way some jackass could make me do something else with my free time than what I want to.
    Sure, but then they also don't need to take you as part of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by riphie View Post
    Sure, but then they also don't need to take you as part of the raid.
    Well isn't that obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by riphie View Post
    Unfortunately for Mythic it's not about what you love, but is what is best for the encounter.

You can get away with playing what you love in Normal and Heroic, but for Mythic, it's Subtlety.
    Dont forget there is bosses that combat excels at as well.

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    You don't have to play sub, but then again you don't have to be optimal for mythic, it just really helps due to the tight tuning. Do you care more about what abilities you mash or helping your guild more? That's the real question.

I set my goals on just H raiding this tier because I just refuse to play any other spec that isn't Assassination. I'm too stubborn, and I absolutely love how it plays so I won't really change it for something I know I'm not good at and I dislike. That said, I would love to do Mythic, it's just not likely considering how I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a former RL, your guild is being dumb

You'll perform better as your preferred spec

If your raid doesn't kill the boss, it's a mechanic issue
    ill probably be infracted for this post

If they are forcing you they have no idea. While subtley has the potential to pull out higher numbers, it also has the potential to let you down if you are not used to it, making assassination a more valid choice for the majority of players, specially when progressing in a new boss with new mechanics that you are not used to.

This patch is a blessing in terms of spec balance for rogues, assuming that combat will only be used in multitarget fights, both assassination and subtley are good and viable options. Is not like assassination is a dead spec or a burden for the raid, not this patch, so they should not be forcing you.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Deleted
    If you're 13/13M or you've reached your max cap for progress, play w/e you like. If you're doing mythic progression however, you're expected to play your class as optimal and as useful as it can be. The other 19 people are not there to carry you. You can of course say "screw the rest" and go Assassination, but you should expect to be replaced by a good Sub rogue or another class if one is available.

My guild is not 13/13m we are almost 11/13 on a 9 hours per week raiding schedule and they let me play assassination and combat instead of sub and combat cause for assassination i rank 95-99% a lot.

I hate sub, ALWAYS DID even when it was simplier than now and it would be the last circumstances if i play it.

There is guilds that raid mythic and clear content without pushing their players to play a specific spec. Or at least its my case.

Edit: there is several rogues playing assassination for mythic fights. Its not like you will find only a couple (less than sub of course) anyway i wouldnt underestimate its -35% 4set capability, it destroys.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2015-10-15 at 08:04 PM.