Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's pretty easy to get ranks in a spec no one else is playing and being high on all star rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riphie View Post
    Sure, but then they also don't need to take you as part of the raid.
    Someone raiding mythic seriously should be wanting to perform the best possible and wanting to play the "best" spec. It's different when you're on farm or in a group of friends, and just want to test different things / play a different spec.

If you're a good player at spec X, and can be competitive. Then it's also fine unless you're trying to get realm first or something.
    What's the point of playing a spec that is ahead if you aren't comfortable at playing it and will end up doing less damage?

I used to play Subtlety during SoO farm sometimes, just because it was fun and nobody played it. We would kill the boss anyway so whatever.

Tldr: Play whatever you want.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-10-18 at 01:00 AM.

At this point in progression your switching to sub from assassination isn't going to do much.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    cause for assassination i rank 95-99% a lot.
    That's not saying much, considering the amount of assassination rogues there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    At this point in progression your switching to sub from assassination isn't going to do much.
    I don't really think that's true at all. It doesn't really matter how far in the tier we are, sure guilds had killed mythic archimonde, but for them gorefiend or whatever boss they are on is still progression to them. I'm a believer in playing the most optimal spec during progression, luckily it happens to be sub for me.

Like others have said, if you don't want to play sub then that's fine, if they don't want you in because you're not playing sub that is also fine. If one of the reasons for not wanting to switch is playing sub less optimally then assass, I would say you are expected to put the time in to play that spec better. If it's just because you really don't like sub then thats ok, just be prepared for whatever may happen after.

And people, even if you happen to be doing the best dps in your raid as assass(which really shouldn't happen) that doesn't mean it's okay for you to not consider switching to another spec which would do even better, it's hurting the raid even if you are doing the best there.

Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post
    You are 5/13 and your highest rank (historical even) is 86%. What drugs are you on?
    The best part is his best parse is still below 50th percentile on the same fight as sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Which part is not true exactly, the part where I said in mythic you're expected to play as optimally as you can, or that you will be replaced by a Sub rogue if one is available? A skilled Sub rogue will always be picked over an equally skilled Assa rogue, you must be delusional if you think otherwise.
    You didn't say anything like that, stop lying.

Good subtlety rogue can be outplayed my someone who mastered Assassination, for example on the Mythic Council or even Archimonde.
    If you say otherwise that means you have zero knowledge about playing a rogue.

You are 5/13
    So I have to kill Mythic Archimonde to be called Mythic Raider now?

your highest rank (historical even) is 86%. What drugs are you on?
    Then Learn2Use Warcraft logs properly:

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    The best part is his best parse is still below 50th percentile on the same fight as sub.
    Cool story bro. The Sub below me has 4ilvl higher gear than me and is more than 50% as a sub. xD
    Still better than your 15% as combat on Reaver on LFR. xD

Aaaaanyway, we're right now farming mythic bosses and I don't even care for the ranks, will for sure update them on Wednesday, stay tuned nubZ. <3

Deleted
    I like how you cropped those screenshots, adds credibility to your statements.

Deleted
    You have an astonishingly high ego for someone that neither has the class knowledge, the progression, nor the logs to back up his 12-year-old-like claims that he's doing "awesome damage" and calling other, clearly better rogues "nubZ". Your inflated self-esteem would be hilarious if this was twitch chat, but people here actually come to learn stuff from others and everything that comes out of you is just poo. You need a reality check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You didn't say anything like that, stop lying.

Good subtlety rogue can be outplayed my someone who mastered Assassination, for example on the Mythic Council or even Archimonde.
    If you say otherwise that means you have zero knowledge about playing a rogue.

So I have to kill Mythic Archimonde to be called Mythic Raider now?

Then Learn2Use Warcraft logs properly:

Cool story bro. The Sub below me has 4ilvl higher gear than me and is more than 50% as a sub. xD
    Still better than your 15% as combat on Reaver on LFR. xD

Aaaaanyway, we're right now farming mythic bosses and I don't even care for the ranks, will for sure update them on Wednesday, stay tuned nubZ. <3
    Congratulations, I just went over your rankings, and that screenshot does not match up to your mythic rankings. They're your heroic rankings. Good try though. And your Iron Reaver DPS is a joke.

You've never hit a 90+ historical percentile on any of your mythic ranks. You should probably not post with such an ego if you cannot actually back it up.

EDIT: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1799
    Last edited by mmoc06f9f0d602; 2015-10-18 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Adding link to log

Congratulations
    Thanks.

They're your heroic rankings. Good try though.
    So you're saying that guilds with 12/13 mythic are not doing Heroic Archimonde?

And your Iron Reaver DPS is a joke.
    Check my other post for explanation, lol.

They're your heroic rankings.
    Someone has problems with readings?

You have an astonishingly high ego for someone that neither has the class knowledge, the progression, nor the logs
    Seems totally legit. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinth View Post
    I like how you cropped those screenshots, adds credibility to your statements.
    You can check logs anyway on the site.

Two things:

1. Wednesday, wait for it. <3

2. Stay on the topic:
    Being Assassination rogue is fine in the mythic progression as long as you're good, but Subtlety is better. There are logs of Assassination Rogues on EVERY mythic boss on the WarcraftLogs.

Anyone has anything to add?

Deleted
    I'm personally playing Assassination and still doing awesome damage.
    Your definition of "awesome" is extremely lax

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I always loved playing assassin but apparently if I'm not Sub I'm not optimal for Mythic...
    So, you feel bad because you are SO bad player, that you wanted to bring such a weak spec? Well, but that is perfectly correct - you SHOULD feel bad for that!

stay assa, top the DPS charts, tell your RL you are going to roll sub when someone can outdps you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    stay assa, top the DPS charts, tell your RL you are going to roll sub when someone can outdps you
    Does trash count, or do you want him to waste his raid's time by wiping once and only THEN switching?

Deleted
    Anyone has anything to add?
    Nah, the 11/13m and the two 13/13m rogues from the world 5th and 36th guild are all clearly boosted and know nothing compared to the joker, whose biggest accomplishment, with which he has bragged twice now, is beating a sub rogue @rank 1127 with his 1126 rank on a heroic boss:
    The Sub below me has 4ilvl higher gear than me

ROFL

ROFL
    So I had right, yup? If you have nothing constructive to say then you shouldn't participate in a discussian aobut something you have no idea about. :-)

Nah, the 11/13m and the two 13/13m rogues from the world 5th and 36th guild are all clearly boosted and know nothing compared to the joker, whose biggest accomplishment, with which he has bragged twice now, is beating a sub rogue @rank 1127 with his 1126 rank on a heroic boss:
    I'm just pointing their false statements, that's all. It's like a science, there are no subjective things to talk about, you may believe it or no, but it's a fact.

Your definition of "awesome" is extremely lax
    Having 99% a few times on the WarcraftLogs is something nice I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya View Post
    kinda sad they force you, imo you should play what you enjoy yourself most
    I agree for Norm/HC, but Mythic progression takes everything you've got, even if a negligible difference. If every class had a spec that's 2% better, across the whole raid that's 40% improvement to your raid. It could potentially be the difference between a kill or no kill.

Deleted
    Having 99% a few times on the WarcraftLogs is something nice I think.
    You've never had a 99% in mythic. Which this thread is about. You should really step down from this weird attitude you have. You're not the amazing Rogue you think you are, you're a mediocre Assassination Rogue at best.

You're the person who should not talk about things you have no clue about. You're stuck at 5/13 mythic, you have no clue about the other 8 bosses.

Maybe you'll kill Archimonde mythic prior the the 7.0 pre-patch nerf.

riphie mad