Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Not really. Unless you want to impose a bunch of laws that basically impossible to enforce until it is too late.
    In spite of the large numbers of people that don't practice it, responsible gun ownership isn't particularly complicated.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    In spite of the large numbers of people that don't practice it, responsible gun ownership isn't particularly complicated.
    Well obviously in the case of this thread, we need to start them younger. Maybe put some headphones on the mother's stomach while the baby is in the womb, and stress trigger finger safety. The little heathens need to pull their boot straps up and start acting like responsible young adults.

(yes I know this isn't what you were getting mate.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

When babies touch dangerous things, it is the dangerous things fault when dangerous stuff happens?

But but, my own toddler has NEVER encountered a problem with guns.

#anecdotalevidencetrumpsstatistics

Then again, I should totally give him a gun, will protect him from bad toddlers with guns.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    When babies touch dangerous things, it is the dangerous things fault when dangerous stuff happens?
    It's the fault of the person who owns the firearm.

If you own a firearm and it isn't either under your direct control, or locked away somewhere that only you control access to, then you are irresponsible - with certain exceptions for the pedants out there.

Gun control advocates don't blame guns directly, that would be pointless as they are inanimate objects with no control over actions, it's about access to firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Leave it to republicans to compare jokes to actual policies that allows these deaths to happen. But again, this kind of colossal stupidity is expected from the Republican party.
    Plenty of democrats own guns too. The liberal position would be if you dont like guns, dont get one, but dont demonize those that do. The same as their position on abortion, gay marriage and some drug use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Plenty of democrats own guns too. The liberal position would be if you dont like guns, dont get one, but dont demonize those that do. The same as their position on abortion, gay marriage and some drug use.
    But the issue with firearms is that it infringes on the rights of other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    But the issue with firearms is that it infringes on the rights of other people.
    No it doesn't. Criminals infringe on the rights of other people. The overwhelming majority of guns don't negatively impact anyone. No more than cars do.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    To be fair, detergent has other functions other than killing.
    What are you talking about? A guns "function" is to put a projectile somewhere, a target, a hill at a gun range, etc. A person's misuse doesn't put intent on an inanimate machine.

People use chainsaws to sculpt ice and cut trees, because its "function" is just to perform work, would you say a chainsaw's function is just to cut down trees knowing full well that other people have other uses for it than what you deem?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Just 43 incidents? Also when does the toddler age end? 2? Just for a side by side i pulled the sids death rates from the CDC.

http://www.cdc.gov/sids/data.htm

With all the baby's and parents that aren't ready for the challenge of having a kid. 42 seems like a low number.
    What, do you want 1000 toddlers involved in firearm violence?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Still waiting for everyone to wise up and bring back prohibition so alcohol can stop all the crimes it commits and the deaths it causes too.

Deleted
    Remember, for every irresponsible toddler with a gun, there are many responsible ones.

Quote Originally Posted by thabris View Post
    What are you talking about? A guns "function" is to put a projectile somewhere, a target, a hill at a gun range, etc. A person's misuse doesn't put intent on an inanimate machine.

People use chainsaws to sculpt ice and cut trees, because its "function" is just to perform work, would you say a chainsaw's function is just to cut down trees knowing full well that other people have other uses for it than what you deem?
    Guns were made with the sole purpose of killing things, not for target shooting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Darwin medals dont do well.
    Nothing got lost.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Obviously all these guns the bad toddlers used in shootings were obtained illegally - no need to restrict gun sales to non-toddlers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why not keep nukes in your house and handle them responsibly?
    Nukes are best kept in households with toddlers - toddlers are statistically very unlikely to set off nuclear missles, obviously it is much saver to leave them in the hands of toddlers than of grown men and women!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Leave it to democrats to crack jokes over toddlers shooting themselves or friends due to irresponsible parents. Real classy, not like I expected any less from the MMO-C crowd though.
    So you'd rather the topic would be kept quite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't understand why you put this? Could you please elaborate?
    43/52 = 83%

But since that is a minimum the title is still ok, after all 43 is only the number of shootings reported with injuries, the number of shootings including those not reported and those with no injuries is almost certainly higher and would put us well in the range where "once a week" is perfectly justified.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2015-10-15 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't understand why you put this? Could you please elaborate?
    Thread is titled: US Toddlers average one shooting per week

Which would be true if there were 52 shootings in a year... with 43 it's 82.69...%. I was making a point about a misleading title... 82% =/= 100% or averaging 1 a week.

I guess we start kind of young.

I can remember as a six year old, my dad and uncles and their friends sitting around and admiring each others guns, with just about everything, little ones are attracted to things grown ups are. They would go hunting and leave me at home with the women cause I was too little.

In my life I've been present at two accidental shootings. We were kids and looking at a friends 4/10 shotgun his dad had bought him. One kid had the gun on his lap, he was kind of making me nervous in the way he was handling it, but the owner said nothing so I kept quit. The gun discharged and put a big hole in the wall, inches from the owner's head. It was loaded with a slug.

Put guns out of reach and make sure your children respect them.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2015-10-15 at 10:21 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    ...Gun control advocates don't blame guns directly, that would be pointless as they are inanimate objects with no control over actions, it's about access to firearms.
    So go after irresponsible gun owners in a way that does not impede the responsible gun owner.

300 something million people in our country...your saying that....50 a year matter? Idealism at its finest.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    So go after irresponsible gun owners in a way that does not impede the responsible gun owner.
    Yes. And the easiest way to do that is make them get a licence where they can prove that they at least know what how a responsible gun owner ought to behave and handle his guns. You do not want them to perform random unheralded searches of private homes, after all, and that would be the other "easy" option.

Edit: I guess there is also the option of making it illegal to sell guns to people without a licence for anyone but gun shops and obligate gun shops to sell only to those who either have said licence or take part in a training session held by someone with a training licence (who does not need to be an governmen official but a shop employee).
    Last edited by Noradin; 2015-10-16 at 07:49 AM.