WoW Max Settings Setup Upgrade.

Hi,

Im going to upgrade my PC so i can run wow on max setting with 1920x1200 resolution. I was thinking of new GPU Asus GTX970 DC2 Strix 4GB. Would like to know ur opinion before i spend my money

CPU i5 3570K @4.2
    GPU Radeon 7850 2GB
    RAM 8 GB
    SSD Plextor M6S 128 GB

As the former owner of an HD 6950 (a close analog to the HD 7850 in performance) you will see a benefit from upgrading to the GTX 970. More so in other games, though. WoW didn't really have much of an issue on the HD 6950, though I did upgrade pre-Warlords so that might have changed.

The rest of your specs seem fine. Bit small on the SSD, but choosing between upgrading that and the video card is a "quality of life" versus "performance" choice.
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    As the former owner of an HD 6950 (a close analog to the HD 7850 in performance) you will see a benefit from upgrading to the GTX 970. More so in other games, though. WoW didn't really have much of an issue on the HD 6950, though I did upgrade pre-Warlords so that might have changed.

The rest of your specs seem fine. Bit small on the SSD, but choosing between upgrading that and the video card is a "quality of life" versus "performance" choice.
    I will buy second SSD 240GB with new GPU. I was only curious if CPU isnt too low for this setup for max settings.

Your CPU is just fine and will be for probably the next 1-2 generations. Hell, Sandy Bridge chips are still fine.
    Super casual.