Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I rather use my money on way better stuff.
    Most likely never will buy anything from Apple myself.
    Worked enough with the stuff to know it's quite the overpriced haox.

Only apple product i've ever bought was a 8GB ipod touch from like 2007. Runs just fine. I view modern phones and such all the same - grotesquely unnecessary. I bought a phone for £60 , 200-400 less than most peoples phones and it does everything they use their phone for. Texts, watsapp, calls, twitter, facebook, pictures, videos, internet, apps, podcasts, music.

One of the things I find funny is people lose their mind if they hear you spent £100 on a keyboard, yet they're quite happy to drop a £400 phone, smash the screen and get a new one every 3-6 weeks like its just run of the mill life expenditures.

On a side note about those old 2005-2008 ipod touches. Remember back when Apple was like leading the way in their technology field and actually made good products that weren't overpriced? Good times. Although I suppose they were still pumping out disgustingly overpriced macs simultaneously

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    One of the things I find funny is people lose their mind if they hear you spent £100 on a keyboard, yet they're quite happy to drop a £400 phone, smash the screen and get a new one every 3-6 weeks like its just run of the mill life expenditures.
    For many, smartphones are their primary computing device.

I do smartphone market research for a living; most (~70%) of smartphone users do not have another computing device. So many see their smartphone as a necessary modern investment- they shop, bank, communicate, work, travel, look up information, watch films, listen to music, etc on their smartphones.

Whereas a keyboard can be viewed as 'just a keyboard' for such users.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Most people who cry about Macs have never owned one. For a top of the line SSD and screen, $2500 isn't bad for a notebook--and especially one with such strict quality control as Apple.
    True but the main culprit is still the gap price gap to to similar or better non-Mac version. Macs are less fuzz, thats it.
    Macs are especially good at simply being easy to use, obviously at the expense, aside of cost, control.
    MS new one OS all platforms stirred things up a bit, will be interesting to see what it does a bit more down the road.

---

Oh and for lulz. Bought the simplest brown leather band for iWatch in a Premium Store in Singapore which is rather cheap on Apple products as a gift to a friend.
    I had to pay 125 €/ 135$ for it. And probably made in some factory with child workers or suicidal employers as usual.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-10-17 at 08:26 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People can start threads of hate all they want, but deep down: Buy whatever the fuck you want, just stop being a little crybaby for fucks sake - nobody gives a damn what cell phone, tablet, or computer you have but you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    People can start threads of hate all they want, but deep down: Buy whatever the fuck you want, just stop being a little crybaby for fucks sake - nobody gives a damn what cell phone, tablet, or computer you have but you.

!!!

Agree with you though. At least from strictly product usability view and without concerns of its making.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

And here I am considering a new battery off ebay to bring my Nokia 3310 back in to use.
    I "want" a reasonable android phone, ideally something like a Moto G or better.
    But communication-wise I would only do calls and texts, and so what I "want" isn't what I "need".
    Your reasons and needs are your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the people who are social to the extreme, it is a worthy investment.

If you spend every waking moment of your life staring at your phone, talking with people, etc... The new features and $600 price tag is worth it.

If you just text, occasionally make calls, and surf the internet... No it is not worth getting a new $600 phone every year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And here I am considering a new battery off ebay to bring my Nokia 3310 back in to use.
    I "want" a reasonable android phone, ideally something like a Moto G or better.
    But communication-wise I would only do calls and texts, and so what I "want" isn't what I "need".
    Your reasons and needs are your own.
    Heh good old days.
    I miss my (1997) Nokia 6110

You could play Snake using IR vs a with friend who also had that model.

Unheard of

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    For the people who are social to the extreme, it is a worthy investment.
    There's nothing social about the current phone fad.
    People are addicted and disconnected from reality.

They buy it because it is their drug, wether it is "worth it" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    There's nothing social about the current phone fad.
    People are addicted and disconnected from reality.
    I reckon it would be more interesting socially if you have a phone that people don't see every day.
    Something more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Heh good old days.
    I miss my (1997) Nokia 6110

You could play Snake using IR vs a with friend who also had that model.

Unheard of
    Got a 3410, and 3510i (inherited from family members as they upgraded) as well but I just want to use the 3310 for some reason.
    Once had a nokia 7110, regret selling it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-10-17 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't buy any Apple product, though I have an iphone 4 that was passed down to me.
    Yet you could ask: Do you need a new Samsung, Nokia or HTC phone?
    It's the same answer for any brand really.
    Except the prices differ from brand to brand.

don't really need ANY apple products

Deleted
    I am yet to buy a apple product. I always used others products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    I care.

For the simple fact that consumerism affects society.
    Then this is your issue, I personally, just want a decent laptop that does not weight a ton and I happen to like Apple style and build quality with these, even if they are pricey.

And honestly... if you take similarly configured premium laptop and MacBooks of same grade - the price difference will be very negligible.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-10-17 at 09:35 AM.

/looks at Nokia 130 in hand

Nah, I'm good. This calls and texts.

I had my 3GS for almost 4 years, went to the 5c and after a year I now have the 6plus. The only reason I upgraded was because I really like the size for watching Netflix.

Bought an ipad a while ago.... when I first got it, I loved it, but more because of its role (tablet) than because of its Apple nature.

Over the years, the limitations inherent to Apple and the fact that my other devices are not Apple has lessened the glow of the ipad. Not enough for me to get rid of it, since it still works, just fine.... but when it comes time to replace it, I'll be replacing it with an Android tablet.

From what I've seen, the only Apple product worth consideration is the Ipod, and even then that's more to due with a lack of solid competition for similar price than because of any inherent superiority to the design. (There's nothing really wrong with Mac computers, desktop or laptop, I can just get everything I want in PC for a fraction of the price, so what purpose would buying the more expensive system serve?)

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    /looks at Nokia 130 in hand

Nah, I'm good. This calls and texts.
    I would agree with that if the texts weren't in one of the worst message standard that was ever conceived: SMS, which most telecommunication companies sell to gold plated prices, when they cost them nothing.

I need food sleep shelter and a very few other things.
    Want is an entirely different matter.

That said, I always enjoy new tech toys