Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    No, Apple hasnt made a new product since Jobs died that is worth a shit.

I'm a former Apple store employee.
    entry level supporters like store clerks usually know less about their products than the average person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindedElF View Post
    Can't sleep, so I thought, "why not start a thread?"

Let's say, you have an Iphone 6 - are you one of those people that will stand in a queue for 24 hours in order to get the Iphone 6s? My friend a week ago gave me apple watch for free, because he thought ,"it might be useful" but then he got bored of it. My questiom to you is, have you ever bought something expensive - later regretting it?
    Yes, and I usually return them. I used to be an impulse buyer so when I had money I would spend it. I recall buying a Blackberry PDA before smart phones existed for $300 something and while it was neat to play with for a while I was like wtf did I buy this for I'm never going to use it, So, I took it back and told I really have no need for one. I have done this with a few things. Now, I firmly research nearly everything I purchase so I know what uses it has and how good of a product I am buying. As far as Phones I currently have a Nokia Lumina windows phone and it's truly an amazing phone it's a shame developers don't want to support the platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    No, Apple hasnt made a new product since Jobs died that is worth a shit.

I'm a former Apple store employee.
    As if this unverifiable fact gives any more credence to your post.

Even while jobs was alive apple didn't produce anything that was worth a shit. The iPhone wasn't even innovative technology, Apple simply made it mainstream.

I buy apple products when my 'old tech' needs an upgrade.

The space on my 16gb ipad mini is getting a little tiresome to maintain, I will probably upgrade that soon. My wifes macbook pro is going on 5 years old this Christmas, I imagine we will be upgrading that when it finally dies.

I'd like to see a decent upgrade to apple tv, its a little annoying how much they throttle bandwith to the store (probably more of a network problem/setting on their side than it is hardware)

I buy apple products, but I don't wait in line. If getting the newest product (for something that legitimately needs an upgrade) requires that I pre-order it, I will do that, but thats about all I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need? No.

I do like their products though. Although I agree that nothing amazing has come out since Jobs died. He was a dick but he was a brilliant dick lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Even while jobs was alive apple didn't produce anything that was worth a shit. The iPhone wasn't even innovative technology, Apple simply made it mainstream.
    Even if you don't think the iPhone was innovative (there's a strong case to be made there, you're right!), you have to realize that saying it wasn't "worth a shit" is absolute crazy talk.

Apple's repackaging of existing technology into a consumer-friendly device led to the smartphones we all use today, including all Android phones. If you look at the developer versions of Android before 2007 they looked like BlackBerry ripoffs, and if it weren't for the iPhone they would have stayed that way for who knows how long.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think in the latest ad on tv in the UK they even admit not much has changed.

and i like my windows phone too much and i am not afraid to admit it either :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I only upgrade things when they need upgrading. My iPhone was getting old and slow and doesn't have to ability to run the apps that my store uses with any kind of speed, so I'm upgrading. Every few years for an upgrade isn't too crazy I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I hate Apple and the overpriced shit they sell. The value is low in comparison to alternatives on the market for nearly everything they make, I don't understand the sheeple mentality that surrounds that company. Also Steve Jobs was a total dick.

The fact that our culture glorifies Apple products and Jobs makes me sad. Apple is like the Blizzard Entertainment of tech products--they innovate nothing but they make it look unique from other products on the market and therefore people think it has a greater value.
    While i share the sentiment, Apple made the smartphone market what it is today.

Popularity drives the markets that support innovation, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    I think in the latest ad on tv in the UK they even admit not much has changed.

and i like my windows phone too much and i am not afraid to admit it either :P
    lol would that be the one where they say nothing has changed except everything.....? something tells me you missed the point, but then again obviously you aren't the target market.

For all those haters out there remember that Apple is largely responsible for the constant and improving hardware design in all markets apple is active in. Like it or not they are the gold standard everyone is trying to match. And actually finally some are starting to succeed or at least come close.

Simple yet elegant capacitive touch phone design. check
    Rigid unibody laptop design. check
    High dpi displays. check
    Sleek AIO desktop. check
    Very small form factor TV content delivery device. check
    Extreme attention to packaging detail and design. check

And thats just with the hardware.

Deleted
    I hate everything Apple. Unfortunately im one guy forced to use their piece of crap product.

Deleted
    I usually upgrade my iPhone when a new one comes out. That has little to do with "need", though.

Considering the last Apple product I owned was an Apple II GS, I'm gonna go with no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Must have new apple, got to have new apple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have my iPhone 4 and I got it for free with a Verizon plan I signed on. Works fine does the things I need in a cell phone perfectly fine. I don't understand how people keep buying these new phones. I mean what is so different and great about them that you have to trade in your 5 for a 6? Oh it has a slightly bigger screen whoopdy shit.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe