Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BlizzCon Online Merchandise Sale, Blue Posts, Tweets, Virtual Ticket Hosts, Crithto

Invisible Adria Bug, Blizzcon Hosts Revealed, Blizzcon Merchandise Sale

Popular Constructed Decks of the Week, Maximizing Gold Acquisition, Americas Hearthstone Champion

Watch Old Replays on PTR, No Planned Thrall Changes, Blizzcon Merchandise Sale

BlizzCon 2015 Online Merchandise Sale Begins
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The BlizzCon® 2015 online merchandise sale has begun! Beginning today, October 16 through November 8, BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket holders have access to a treasure trove of BlizzCon-premiere loot through the Blizzard Gear Store. The virtual aisles are loaded with new items debuting at the show, along with some BlizzCon classics—visit the BlizzCon section of the Gear Store to check out what our master crafters have worked up.

To access the BlizzCon sale, simply head to the Blizzard Gear Store (gear.blizzard.com), and log in using the Battle.net account you used to purchase your Virtual Ticket. Each of this year’s BlizzCon-premiere products will be marked with a BlizzCon logo.

If you’re attending BlizzCon in person, use the account on which you redeemed the BlizzCon Digital Bonuses code sent to you via email earlier this year. If a friend bought your ticket for you, ask them for your code—remember, it also grants you a Virtual Ticket and this year’s in-game goodies—and head to www.battle.net/code to redeem it.

Supplies are limited, so if you spot anything you like, make sure to order early. All orders will be shipped upon receipt—so the sooner you order, the faster you’ll get your BlizzCon swag. Keep in mind that orders are shipped from the United States, so international shipping rates may apply. We’ll also be adding new items once BlizzCon gets underway on November 6, so be sure to check back in then.

Happy hunting!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Infinite Timereaver from Timewalking.
    Isn't all the loot in TW dungeons personal anyway? So I guess that the mount will be the same.
    This is correct. The Infinite Timereaver will be awarded via Personal Loot. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

GMs Appearing in Game
    This is a request we see crop-up from time to time. While I do appreciate that it sounds cool for a Game Master (GM) to appear in a capital city and spawn something, this would also be a very disruptive event that could ruin the gameplay experience for others. It would also somehwat break the immersion of the game if Hydross, for example, suddenly appeared in Stormwind. There is also only a finite amount of times such an event can be done before it starts being perceived as an annoyance, or loses its significance.

This is why such events are normally used to celebrate the end of Beta and the shut-down of the Beta servers; a fun once-off event that doesn't affect the live Realms in any form, but signifies the destruction of the Beta world and makes for some cool videos and screenshots. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    So what software do you guys use for animation?
    maya for animation (artofcgrobinson)

Having more LAN events outside of Blizzcon, is that something you guys have been thinking about for wow esports?
    We're primarily focused on Blizzcon and the Road to Blizzcon. If a major event wanted to add WoW to their schedule, we'd love it. (holinka)

When you can't fail, everything matters less. Some reflections on the value of death penalties in games. (craig_amai)
    . its why not alot of people play hardcore or do wow iron man
    Yeah, those are definitely some of the trade-offs. A more engaged audience perhaps, but typically a smaller one. (craig_amai)
    I'm planning on making a couple more posts on the subject that tap into the areas between the 2 extremes. (craig_amai)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Majority rule isn't always great for design either. Cell phone customers always just ask for more battery life not features.
    Still not a good idea to tell customers "The battery life is fine. Here's a bunch of features you didn't ask for."
    I'm hardly a cellphone historian but I don't remember users asking for a camera, map and music on their phones. (OccupyGStreet)

Meet Your BlizzCon 2015 Virtual Ticket Hosts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Your BlizzCon 2015 adventure begins in just a few weeks! If you’re joining the party from home with the Virtual Ticket, allow us to introduce some of your dungeon guides: the hosts of the Virtual Ticket and DIRECTV broadcasts, covering the Main and Panel stage channels this year!

Michele Morrow (@michelemorrow)

Actress, undead hunter, and voice of Alleria Windrunner Michele Morrow returns to co-anchor the show from the DIRECTV desk this year, where she’ll be conducting interviews and providing commentary in between the panels and other activities on the main stage both days of the show. Michele hosted Heroes of the Dorm, which aired on ESPN2, and made her BlizzCon debut in 2014—we’re thrilled to have her back!

Alex Albrecht (@alexalbrecht)

Joining Michele this year at the DIRECTV desk is Alex Albrecht, host of popular geek-culture TV shows like G4’s The Screen Savers, creator of the World of Warcraft podcast and website Project Lore, and 50% of the Half Hour Happy Hour podcast. In between BlizzCon co-anchoring gigs, look for him hanging out in the Nexus.

Malik Forté (@Malik4Play)

Nerdist.com gaming editor, Crewham member, and correspondent Malik Forté has been a part of multiple Blizzard events, including Heroes of the Storm: The Mayhem Begins, and we’re excited to welcome him to the BlizzCon 2015 Virtual Ticket crew! Malik will be contributing to multiple facets of the show, exploring the show floor and much more.

Wil Wheaton (@wilw)

In case you missed the announcement earlier: Wil Wheaton will be hosting this year’s BlizzCon costume and talent contests on Friday night! Wil is the author of books like Just a Geek, the creator of the popular board-gaming show TableTop, a prolific podcaster, and much more. He also blogs a bunch at www.wilwheaton.net—check out his recent entry on gearing up for BlizzCon.

The action begins November 6 and 7, and you can pick up a Virtual Ticket now to be a part of it. We’ll also have plenty of eSports action throughout the show, and we’ve got some awesome hosts and casters lined up for this year’s tournaments—stay tuned for more details. We hope you can join us!

Crithto Joins GUNNAR
    Crithto left Blizzard last week and we know where he ended up now! He also got Broken Eye Protectors in the latest PTR build.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope Crithto has fun at his new job

Deleted
    A rather odd place to be jumping to coming from blizzard I must say

a literal Hots Abathur HAT!?

i need it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    a literal Hots Abathur HAT!?

i need it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd place indeed but I wish him well and fun

those "cute and deadly" leggings and top is rather nice too. Wonder if any of my wow-playing ladyfriends would like them.

Those Butcher BBQ Aprons are pretty nice too! and with autumn coming in too. hmmm

Deleted
    I must say, that's not a bad set of hosts. Alex Albrecht and Will Wheaton are very entertaining. And as far as chicks go, Michelle Morrow is hot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, everything is sold out.

My question is will Wheaton appear at the stage or he will skip Blizzcon to visit his grandma?

Leaving Blizzard for Gunnar? That surprises me a lot.

Deleted
    So Crithto is one of these guys none ever heard of until they leave Blizz. We wish you the best of luck unknown random Blizz employee!

LOL did he just say "break the immersion of the game". Hahqhahq!

Sort of like.. Instant travel? Or did you mean like the lfg tool? No? Perhaps you meant like Instancing. If none of the above I can only assume you meant the game being designed to play in 3rd person.

A gm appearing? Absolutely trivial compared to any and all of the above. Wow has 0 immersion and is one of the biggest reasons it doesn't register as being an mmorpg on my radar. Mmomoba perhaps.

Inb4 I get an infraction, but Wheaton is a cunt. A proper cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the Hallows End Preview!?!?!

Seems to look like some nice swag there and some decent hosts. As for Gunnar, I just checked that out and seems an odd move for a game CM but hey.

Not really surprising about Gunnar. The video game industry is extremely demanding. Looks like Critho found himself a relatively cushy position. Best of luck to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    That job move is like going from Mcdonalds to the local sandwich shop.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Not really surprising about Gunnar. The video game industry is extremely demanding. Looks like Critho found himself a relatively cushy position. Best of luck to him.
    Personally I don't understand gaming glasses. How do they help you with playing video games?

Deleted
    Majority rule isn't always great for design either. Cell phone customers always just ask for more battery life not features.
    Still not a good idea to tell customers "The battery life is fine. Here's a bunch of features you didn't ask for."
    I'm hardly a cellphone historian but I don't remember users asking for a camera, map and music on their phones. (OccupyGStreet)
    Lol, an iPhone is an helpfull thing made for humans to make life easier. World of Warcraft is a game not a helpfull thing for making life easier. The point in a game is what? yes fun.

iPhone is not a game and thus you cant compare with a game.